• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have a super noob question...

brucega7x

Private
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2022
Louisiana
Kind of embarrassed, but I don't want to screw anything up. I just got my Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25. I've never owned a scope with turrets before. Only basic scopes you simply adjust your elevation and windage and off you go.

My question is: To zero...I make my adjustments using the turrets themselves? (In other words, no cap you unscrew with access to the adjustments.)

Assuming that I'm correct with my first assumption: I then take the turret caps off and set them both to the zero hash so any adjustments made from there are all from zero?

Sorry for something that most people probably understood I already. I just don't want to mess something up. lol

Reactions: Dot3
Kind of embarrassed, but I don't want to screw anything up. I just got my Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25. I've never owned a scope with turrets before. Only basic scopes you simply adjust your elevation and windage and off you go.

My question is: To zero...I make my adjustments using the turrets themselves? (In other words, no cap you unscrew with access to the adjustments.)

Assuming that I'm correct with my first assumption: I then take the turret caps off and set them both to the zero hash so any adjustments made from there are all from zero?

Sorry for something that most people probably understood I already. I just don't want to mess something up. lol
Not a dumb question at all as some Vortex models you do remove the turret to adjust zero.

The way you described it is correct for your model.

I like to recommend Ryan for basics. He explains things well IMO. He’s got a lot of tutorials if you want to learn. Look up one on setting up your scope properly. This is a wind reading one I found quickly.

buy it enjoy it use the hell out of it learn as much as you can then upgrade and start over again and again for the rest of your life just keep buying more and more stuff see it's easy .

• Haha
Also be aware that all scopes do things just a bit different. And it only takes 30576 times to remember that the "up/down" "Left/Right" refer to the point of impact. Ask me how I know

Reactions: chastain11