• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have this old Rem. A3

judgedelta

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2010
Mississippi
I have an old 1903-A3 which I traded for several years ago and is sitting in my gun case. The bore is dark, but it doesn't appear to have ever been fired. It has the original sling, which is somewhat dried and cracked, but shows no sign of use, and the little tool kit (or whatever it is) is still in the stock compartment. It was somewhat sporterized, legend has it, by the armorer for the army rifle team at Ft. Benning. The upper handguard was removed and the barrel is free-floated. The magazine and trigger guard are polished and blued and the rest of the rifle is parkerized, with very few blemishes. The receiver has been drilled and tapped and has two little scope mounts, one is marked 45 and the rear one marked 59. The barrel is marked RA (with a bomb) 1-43. The front sight is marked Redfield. There is no rear sight of course.

Is a rifle like this worth anything? Thanks...

Hard to say without pictures, but it could be a candidate for an 'A4. The 'A4 takes a Redfield Jr. scope base and only has two holes, one in the front, one in the rear. Hopefully the existing holes wont interfere.

The polished parts may be from a Smith Corona, they were stamped and blued.