• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I Just Bought This...

nleaders

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2011
AZ
Hey guys,
It's been a while since I've posted on here, but I need your help. I recently bought this: www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asxp?item=379260450

I thought it was a good deal, and this stock looks to be McMillan or Manners, but how can you tell? If you have any insight, let me know. If there is anything any of you could tell me about the bottom metal, that'd be great too. I can't really discern brands all that well. Thanks fellas!

Peace.

Remington 700 Custom 308 Nice : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

Your link was bad, but this one has the same item #. If so your stock certainly looks like a Manners T4 http://mannersstocks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/mcs-t4.jpg

Your bottom metal appears to a Badger Ordnance M5 DBM with a 10 rd AICS mag. If you got it anywhere near the price listed in the auction, you've done real good.

If the stock is indeed a Manners T4, and the DBM turns out to be a genuine Badger M5 w/AICS Mag, you basically got the barreled action for free.

Last edited:
Yeah, if it sold for the price on the page, that is a good deal, especially if it has a good barrel.

Yep. $700.00 even. The Gunstore owner said looks like a $100.00 stock to which I almost choked. Real AICS mag, Manners stock (or so I suspected). Yes, I walked out a happy man!

He tried to upsell me to a stock 700 AAC-SD and I just played it cool.

After comparing and researching I believe I did secure the mini chassis as well... I'm even happier!

The edged buttstock leads me to believe that is indeed a manners. Why did some guy tell you it was a $100 stock? I am not privy to cheap knockoffs of manners stocks.

After comparing and researching I believe I did secure the mini chassis as well... I'm even happier!

The rivets on the sides of the stock above the trigger guard are indeed what you would find on a mini chassis. You are lucky that the paint job on this thing was so shitty, otherwise it would have been easier to spot as a steal. In this case, it was camoflaged to hide from bargain hunters.

Some days you're the bug.......... I'd say on that day you were most certainly the windshield. Nice score.
This is why I scour pawn shops when I'm home, because every once in a while they have NO IDEA what they have. The interweb has made it harder, but years ago my buddy and I stopped into a pawn shop looking for some extra fishing reels, and they had a fricken Drilling rifle on the rack marked at $300. We checked it out and it was indeed a %100 legit Drilling. THEN my buddy starts haggling on it and walked out with it for $225 and acted like he was doing the guy a favor for taking it at that price :)

The edged buttstock leads me to believe that is indeed a manners. Why did some guy tell you it was a $100 stock? I am not privy to cheap knockoffs of manners stocks.

It's definitely not a cheap ripoff stock... the guy had no idea what he had. I didn't give it away either that he had priced it wrong. I just walked around thinking whether I should haggle him. Decided that I had a good thing going and I didn't want to push it... that's why I was trying not to swallow my tongue when he said, "$100.00"!

Should've bought a lotto ticket, but I was too high on my awesome success...

Btw, that's awesome about the Drilling gun. Did you ever get it valued?

I screwed up once. I had a guy ask me one time if he had gotten a good deal on a rifle. He thought he had overpayed at $300. I said id take a look. I should have just offered him $400 and just taken it but I opened my big mouth and explained it was a rem 700 trued with someones custom tube, McMillan htg stock, nightforce base, timney trigger and a leupold mk4 fixed 10x with mk4 rings. I still kick myself for not saying it was all cheap chinese garbage and that I would help him out and buy it off him.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ha ha... but you did the right thing. He asked and you told him. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk