• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns I just can’t striker fire

I started off at a very young age shooting cap and ball percussion revolvers as well as modern big-bore revolvers so I am thoroughly accustomed to having an external hammer on a gun.

That is why I am a hardcore 1911 guy. There is something about being able to decock a gun by easing the hammer down that gives me peace of mind. But now, having owned striker fired handguns as well, I've come to get used to and appreciate their function too. I still rely on my 1911 and Model 1873 revolvers as my main defensive guns but I might get another Glock to replace the one that I sold some years ago, this time in .45 ACP though.

?

I do love my 1911. However I will take my Glock 19 or 17 over that any day. Capacity wins. A little $12 part makes a world of difference on the trigger. It won't be 1911 smooth, but its good enough. My next pistol purchase will be a CZ-75 SP01 or variant thereof.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
?

I do love my 1911. However I will take my Glock 19 or 17 over that any day. Capacity wins. A little $12 part makes a world of difference on the trigger. It won't be 1911 smooth, but its good enough. My next pistol purchase will be a CZ-75 SP01 or variant thereof.

That is why I've since grown to appreciate the advantages and characteristics of both worlds. ;)

If I were to be doing a technical write-up or side by side comparison of an example from each category, the only bias given towards strikers will be the fact of my much longer experience and familiarity with the hammer guns.

I just can't drink the striker fire cool aid. I always gravitate to all steel pistols, big full size CZ fan.
I want a CZ 97 but they are hard to find.. Im bass ackwards (lefty) and need ambi controls I have several CZ 9's but im a 45 lover from way back

I'll take a well tuned pre-lock 586 over any custom 1911

Everyone's got at least one gun they never should have sold. Top of my list is a nickel Model 13 with a t-grip that shot wadcutter 38s into a baseball size group at 25 yards as fast as you could point it.

Reactions: 308pirate