• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I Love Cops.

G

Enough of this F'n cop bashing. How about a positive thread.

My best friend is a cop. He captured a bank robber by himself. He has helped hundreds of people through accidents. He donated his hard earned cash to all types of causes and never once asks for a thank you. Works on his days off, overtime when required and at one time rotating shifts.
I could never in a day put up with the same shit he puts up with. I'd be in jail for cracking someone's head weekly

There are thousands more just like him. I think that you guys do a tremendous job. I think the odds are stacked against you every day yet you still come out on top (usually) with dignity and honor.

You always have my respect.

PS If you don't have anything positive to add to this thread then stay off it.

Have three great friends in law enforcement myself and I agree with what you say. All three are good guys and put up with a lot of shit and deal with the bottom of the barrel daily. You never know what might happen. Don't know if I could show the restraint they do sometimes myself.

Never understood the bashing. Do cops fudge up... yes but turning on cops as a whole is like turning on gun owners on for watching the news....

Looking forward to seeing the positive posts to come

I agree, the vast majority are good guys trying to do a tough job, however just like anything these days, it's the few bad apples that get all the press. Friends of mine in LE take it harder than we do when one of their own fucks up as it continues to push the bad cop stereotype. Just like when someone with a gun shoots up something and we all cringe, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Have many friends that are LEO's. All good guys. Yes there are bad apples around, but 99% are great, UNDERPAID guys !!!

Step father was a cop, detective, and President of the PBA for Nassau County. grandfather was a County Sheriff and Baliff. Uncle was a Detective. I like cops just fine.

Gotta show some cop love.

My middle son broke his neck about seven years ago, ended up a high functioning quad. A family friend is on Bellingham PD and was talking about the accident at work. Another officer, who had broken his neck years before, suffered an SCI, and recovered all function, would come down to Seattle when my son was in rehab to visit and provide encouragement. He came down a number of times even though he was a full time officer and also managed his families farm. Glad you brought this up!

Mike

What a frikken love fest. Cops are just like any other group, 90% good people, 10 percent marginal, <1% just plain fkd up. Its a job most of us would not last long in as we don't have the patience. What brings out the cop bashing is the fact that cops are the face of our government to joe citizen and when they are tasked with enforcing constitutionally questionable laws it is them that take the brunt of the criticism, rightly so in my opinion, but joe citizen never gets in the face of the the politician that pass the questionable laws or the judges that rule on them. I wonder why so many are so conscious of the criticism yet don't think there is a issue with our modern policing and law enforcement in general, especially the militarization out the local PD's. I do like most cops, no more and no less than any other group of people I met in life, however with recent events (10-15 years) I don't give the automatic trust to them that I used to give. Sad but that is the way it is in my mind. Be safe out there.

Guess you can say I like cops, I retired from the Anchorage Police Dept. My ex-father-in-law was a cop, my son is a fed cop and my wife was a Vet Admin Cop.

I am liking this thread! It is good to hear some of your stories!

Just got stopped by a sheriff, i was in the wrong i fully admit it, but had no problems with him. He was a nice guy very sincere about the whole thing hell we were talking about firearms lol. I find that most officers just treat you how you treat them. With the exception of a few that is usually with respect from me.

My late Uncle was a Captain of the Utah Highway patrol back in the day. I have a patch of his and a buckle of his to remember him by. He was a good, stern man. He has shared some good stories as well.

I'm a law abiding citizen so I have no reason to hate them. The people that hate them are typically that way because they have run ins because they stand between them and their crimes.

I like cops as well. I'm friends with the sherrif and have friends that are cops as well. They are good people. Only time I've had run ins I was in the wrong. Speeding ticket, stop sign. I ussually just got warning since I was polite and told the truth. It's funny how that can help you when you screw up.

I'm a law abiding citizen so I have no reason to hate them. The people that hate them are typically that way because they have run ins because they stand between them and their crimes.

Speak for yourself, as my involvement w/ LE has been quite the opposite.

As for this thread, I really do like the MEN that I know (personally) that are in this profession... two college buddies (Both FBI agents), my brother (a Sheriff's Deputy somewhere in Florida), and several close friends that go to my church (various local PD's, and Sheriff's Deputies). Having said that, I absolutely loathe the badge and the double standard it protects and definitely don't hold that opinion to myself.

What kinda pig poking bacon love goat screw did I just open here? Koombaya cops are awesome...right. nuthr round of koolaid pleze. Thanks obama!

I have been a LE for almost 30 years .... I appreciate this thread and the mostly positive comments. Again ... thanks!

I know some who have served and do serve. I know I wouldn't last a shift with all the stuff officers have to put up with on a daily basis. I'm sure it's no fun when the way you make your living is pretty much just dealing with the bad stuff all day long, day in and day out.

I can't say "Thank you" enough for those who take "Protect and Serve" seriously.

I do feel as long as you treat them with respect you get the same back. I have had plenty encounters with Cops and not a single one ever escalated due to respect and honesty on my part and got the same back. I think my only grudge with them is that they don't practice what they preach as far and following the laws on the road. I see it everyday a cop flying around in traffic swerving without using blinkers (lights off). The same thing he would pull you over for. I think they should be taught in police academy to be an example on the roads not drive like assholes just because of there badge, I have personally heard a officer say his badge was basically freedom to speed and get away with drinking and driving. Other then that I am completely appreciative of there services and there position of keeping society safe.

I'm 18 and I drive a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Sometimes I get a little carried away with the gas pedal. I have been pulled over a couple times and, to the credit of the officers, they have all been polite with me. Not easy with a teenager in a fast car. I have always been polite with them, notifying them of my open carry firearm when I reach for my license and what not. Good guys!

12 or so years ago I was headed to a friends house for dinner with his parents.
I was late and hauling ass in my little Audi 90Q.
Anyone who has seen these cars know that the trunk is only slightly larger than the glove compartment so my two long guns were in their cases on the back seat.
I came around a bend and there in front of me was a NJ State Trooper headed the other way.
I saw his brake lights and slowed down, anticipating the shit show that was about to ensue.
He came up to the car and told me I was doing 65 in a 35(the bend was posted 35, road is 55).
I told him I knew I was speeding and was late for dinner.
He asked what was in the cases and when I responded he asked for my NJ Firearms ID Card.
I said I didn't have one but did offer my CCW in a lame attempt.
For whatever reason he decided to give me a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt, which I took off to reach to the passenger side for the ticket.
I've had a largely positive experience with law enforcement both locally and when I've gotten pulled over.

Good friends have run a small donut shop in my home town for some 30 odd years.
They have a nice house, a lake house, and are very comfortable as they near retirement age.
No way they could have done all of that without the constant support of the various local LE agencies.
See. Good cops abound!

Last edited:
Consider for a moment:

As gun owners, we are painted by the broad brush of liberalism as crazy right wing militia uniform wearing cretins. The muslim is painted with the broad brush of one who lives and breathes only to kill us(in a totally theocratic view, this might be true, but many hold it as false). SO in that spirit, we all paint law enforcement with the broad brush of jackbooted thugs who trample on the rights of the citizen.

In every case stated above, we must realize an analogous concept:
It only takes one piece of excrement to spoil the entire pool

can you believe what this ass hat of a cop did.... Saving a life....

Tracy Press - Tracy CHP officer saves man from unlikely attack

A routine patrol for a Tracy-area California Highway Patrol officer, Daniel Garza, turned into a fight to save the life of a 41-year-old Los Angeles man paralyzed by an attack that no one saw coming.

The next morning, Johnck said he estimated he had between 70 and 120 ant bites on his legs and feet before he passed out. He said that his wife told him that “if it wasn’t for the CHP officer, she was certain (he) would be dead.”

Kudos to this officer.

The the atomic ant attack. Cop saved this Darwin award winner so he could spawn more future award winners. Oh let me see, there are ants on my legs, let me stand here in frikken flip flops so they can kill me, cop should have let nature take its course. California too, it figures.

I have an uncle that is a retired cop and a natural born story teller. Love when he visits cause I can listen to his stories all day long.

Guys on the hide believe that LE wants their guns. Its the officials that get elected that pass these laws. I can only think of a small amount of cops Ive met that want to ban guns. Keep in mind I work for a small dept. (NYPD) About time a positive post. Too much negative bs out there. Good job bro!

My Grandfather, a County Sheriff, would confiscate illegal fireworks, save them and give them to me when I visited from South Dakota. The Fireworks were legal there.

The the atomic ant attack. Cop saved this Darwin award winner so he could spawn more future award winners. Oh let me see, there are ants on my legs, let me stand here in frikken flip flops so they can kill me, cop should have let nature take its course. California too, it figures.

TugcX6L.jpg

Red Hook police officer performs CPR while driving boy to hospital

dominantphotosacophero01.jpg

RED HOOK – When Sgt. Patrick Hildenbrand of the Red Hook village police department saw a car speeding down South Broadway on Monday afternoon, he had no idea the next few minutes would be a matter of life and death.

But that became apparent almost instantly after Hildenbrand switched on the lights of his police SUV.

The driver of the speeding car locked up his brakes, threw open the door and emerged with a lifeless child in his arms.

Today, a 2-year-old boy is breathing normally again after some quick action by Hildebrand and the boy's father, 20-year-old Matthew Morgan of Clermont.

"I just can't thank the officer and his father enough for saving his life," Amanda Small said Tuesday as her son Matthew, a shy, towheaded boy of 22 months, clung to her.

It all happened at about 1:30 p.m. Monday in the center of Red Hook.

Morgan was racing to Northern Dutchess Hospital when he approached Hildenbrand's SUV. When the police officer turned on his lights, Morgan jumped out of the car.

Hildenbrand put the father and his son in the backseat of his SUV and headed to the hospital at full speed, calling ahead to alert the medical staff.

While en route, Hildenbrand had Morgan hold up little Matthew to a partition in the glass that separates the front seat of the police SUV from the back.

"I felt for a pulse on his carotid artery," Hildenbrand said.

He couldn't feel one.

Hildenbrand then began coaching Morgan on CPR techniques.

It wasn't working. Panic was making it difficult for the father to follow instructions, so Hildenbrand had him hold Matthew up close to the partition.

"I have long arms," Hildenbrand said. "I had my arm reaching backwards and I started doing two-finger compressions."

When they arrived at Northern Dutchess, the medical staff began to put an airway into little Matthew.

And then the boy started crying.

He was breathing again.

Blood tests later revealed that the boy had suffered a seizure, his mother said. There was no indication of foul play, police said.

"His father saw him fall over, freeze and start shaking," she said.

An electroencephalogram (EEG) is scheduled for Matthew in November.

On Tuesday, Hildenbrand stood outside the Red Hook police department at the end of his shift, his two daughters playing on a nearby bench.

He spoke about how police officers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians routinely face similar situations.

Not all of them end happily.

"It's an emotional thing," he said. "It takes a lot out of you. ... I'm glad his parents will be able to see him again and play with him."