• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I lusted for The Fix rifle; I just do not want the caliber I got.

Later that day at Fort Carson...

View attachment 7640852
e2afe5ae102dfd01f349f044be55fd24.gif

Reactions: Huskydriver
THANK YOU SIR!!!!
Just thought I would explain why I bought a rifle that I had no ammo for and would require heroics to get.
Part of we wants to hold on to the 6.5, as it does have advantages to 308.
Money wise, I could buy a CF barrel in 308 for as much as 1000 rounds of normally priced 6.5
I could wait for reloading components to stabilize and build some awesome 6.5.
I bought it to do the 8.6, so..........why am I even looking?
I do not know what I want to do. I have not made up my mind that I will sell or trade. There is an arguable role for all three calibers and options never suck.
I would love for owners of both 308 and 6.5 tell me to hold on to the 6.5.
Hell, getting a line on ammo or components would be lovely.

I know .308 has a lot of sentimental value to folks here... but honestly I don't have any real use for it in a bolt gun anymore... other than plinking.

6.5CM does everything 308 will, and better... even for hunting, anything I would shoot with a 308, I would shoot with a 6.5CM. Don't get me wrong, I still have 308s... but when I'm going to the range, I almost always grab something else.

I've been watching 8.6BLK also, but it's been dragging on for YEARS now... I'm also thinking that with all this ammo shortage, companies like Hornady aren't going to dedicate manufacturing time to a niche cartridge.. so I think it's going to be until after this whole craziness dies down.

So if it was me, I would hang onto it as a 6.5CM and shoot the piss out of it... whenever 8.6blk comes out, get a barrel spun up and switch then... by that time you should know if you like 6.5CM, or if you wanna ditch it for 8.6blk.

I think he went away....🤔🤔😓😫😫

Probably had to go have a good cry or call his dr to ask if bleeding into his granny panties even with 2 tampons in is normal🤷‍♂️

The OP may not have violated the rules, technically, but sure appears that the intent was for gauging interest in a sale, or trade. The content of the post, if not the structure, makes that pretty obvious.

His post was confusing as shit...I'm not an admin, but I figure "tie goes to the runner"...we could have probably done a better job asking a few probing questions to figure out his intent before everyone jumped his ass about selling lol

His post was confusing as shit...I'm not an admin, but I figure "tie goes to the runner"...we could have probably done a better job asking a few probing questions to figure out his intent before everyone jumped his ass about selling lol
Nope, see it too often. And he was given light hand smacks first.

Then he decided to play.

Disengagement or explanation and corrections were options. He passed that point.

Plus we were a little bored. Seen this before.

BlandGentleCarpenterant-mobile.jpg

You can send your Fix to me free of charge and I will white knight for you in this thread. Not a WTT post....(kind of a WTT post 🤫).

Reactions: lash
I first laid eyes on The Fix a couple years and was very impressed; I also learned about 8.6 BLK and was damn impressed with such an evil little rifle.
I shoot 45acp and 308 because I adore suppressors and live in the SE. I could see supporting the 8.6 BLK caliber and have been waiting to see them for sale.
To pass the time, I bought a cherry bomb and mount for my form 1 and it rocks!!! I even got a sticker pack and mystery shirt, so, that I could be a proper fanboy.
Then, this week, I had an opportunity at a fix for a few hundred under MSRP. I justified the purchase in that it saved me around $600 and getting an 8.6BLK in SBR was going to put a year on top of wherever your order fell in line......whenever they can get supplied to run them out the door; It was progress and I get my paws on a fix.

My problem is that it is 6.5CM.

I do not own any and I have no use for that caliber in the SE US.
The round count is 18.
I am willing to ect.
I could get some use out of a 308; But, I have a sub MOA Tavor 7.
Just rebarrel it.... holy shit.... no need for 4 pages

well, you sort of said not the time to add another caliber, and then you want to add another caliber, just not the one you just added, lol.
i like .308 and i don't care about recoil or being able to reach out past 1000 yards. i can wait for the zombies to get closer.
but if was going to compete or something, i can see wanting something better than .308 for long range, otherwise, what's the point?
Look, you all send me 1000 rounds of 6.5CM or a CF 308 barrel and I just go away. Easy peasy
I know .308 has a lot of sentimental value to folks here... but honestly I don't have any real use for it in a bolt gun anymore... other than plinking.

6.5CM does everything 308 will, and better... even for hunting, anything I would shoot with a 308, I would shoot with a 6.5CM. Don't get me wrong, I still have 308s... but when I'm going to the range, I almost always grab something else.

I've been watching 8.6BLK also, but it's been dragging on for YEARS now... I'm also thinking that with all this ammo shortage, companies like Hornady aren't going to dedicate manufacturing time to a niche cartridge.. so I think it's going to be until after this whole craziness dies down.

So if it was me, I would hang onto it as a 6.5CM and shoot the piss out of it... whenever 8.6blk comes out, get a barrel spun up and switch then... by that time you should know if you like 6.5CM, or if you wanna ditch it for 8.6blk.
Thank you for your time and experience based opinion.
I have actually seen Kevin Brittingham hold up the brass with the Q head stamp and say that production has begun.
I know that the barrel twist has been established to a 1:3 and I think had Covid and our President be different, we would most likely have 8.6. KB did mention that the surge of all production is the main restriction for 8.6 being on the shelf now.
In the long run, I will most likely hold on to the 6.5. The only other option is 308 and that does not further my capabilities significantly for now and my battle rifle will give most factory bolt guns a run for the money.

Now that there is nothing to be sold or traded, the contention shall now be that I own an RFB and Tavor 7 that are sub MOA.
It is probably on account of my form 1 suppressor. Apparently, I designed the baffles to such perfection that the gasses stabilize the bullet better than the barrel!!!!

This post reminds me of my all too often trips to walmart. Walmart has these two doors, one is labeled ENTER and one is labeled EXIT. They are plainly marked. I marvel at the fact that people obviously do not/cannot Read. All too often, seeing folks pushing a heavily laden grocery cart out of the exit door have to stop and wait for people who are walking in who are too lazy or too ignorant or too illiterate to Read the Sign and go to the proper door.

Point, the rules are simple, newby’s please take a class in reading English if you are the least bit deficit in that skill. Do this prior to making your first post. I did when I joined. Its not a hard read, but a clear concise discorse.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Now that there is nothing to be sold or traded, the contention shall now be that I own an RFB and Tavor 7 that are sub MOA.
It is probably on account of my form 1 suppressor. Apparently, I designed the baffles to such perfection that the gasses stabilize the bullet better than the barrel!!!!

I dont believe you!

This post reminds me of my all too often trips to walmart. Walmart has these two doors, one is labeled ENTER and one is labeled EXIT. They are plainly marked. I marvel at the fact that people obviously do not/cannot Read. All too often, seeing folks pushing a heavily laden grocery cart out of the exit door have to stop and wait for people who are walking in who are too lazy or too ignorant or too illiterate to Read the Sign and go to the proper door.

Point, the rules are simple, newby’s please take a class in reading English if you are the least bit deficit in that skill. Do this prior to making your first post. I did when I joined. Its not a hard read, but a c

Point, the rules are simple, newby’s please take a class in reading English if you are the least bit deficit in that skill. Do this prior to making your first post. I did when I joined. Its not a hard read, but a clear concise discorse.

I was never certain that I would sell or trade.

The
Which part?!
part that says NO SALES OUTSIDE OF THE PX. Which is what your original post tried to do this morning. Yes you fixed it after about 20 or so folks called you down, but I ask

How much easier for you if you had read and followed the rules the First Time

Reactions: bigbuckslayer3
Look, you all send me 1000 rounds of 6.5CM or a CF 308 barrel and I just go away. Easy peasy
what were you thinking when you clicked add to cart, or however you bought it?
like i said, some folks have 6.5cm stacked to the ceiling above their safes, and some of them don't even shoot it.
hoarders will eventually need the money to fund something else if you are willing to wait, or perhaps somebody will trade for your barrel.
if i was you, instead of having a $3k rifle sitting there, i'd already have ordered and installed a .308 barrel.
personally, i have no use for a bolt gun. i don't really need a rifle that shoots better than me. maybe some day.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMYK
Why would you be in need of a bolt gun anyway if your T7 shoots sub moa?
I actually think you deserve a high paying position at IWI if you’re able to make them all shoot like that.

Last edited:
6mm whatever, 6.5CM, .243 Win, .308 Win... Who cares for hogs and whitetail. They won't know the difference and all are capable of accuracy at distance. What's more economical to shoot, today? Nothing is cheap. If it was for a shtf weapon, .308 would be the choice. 8.6CM? It lacks versatility. If big bore is required, go .338 Federal and develop a subsonic load that works for the gun, or go 45 Raptor.

Except 6.5cm being more expensive and a ton harder to get components to load for it, and it's not a NATO round and not nearly as available as .308. And .308 does everything 6.5cm does to 1000yds but with a heavier bullet.

Other than that ....

Except 6.5cm being more expensive and a ton harder to get components to load for it, and it's not a NATO round and not nearly as available as .308. And .308 does everything 6.5cm does to 1000yds but with a heavier bullet.

Other than that ....
if you want to get distance ribbons, can't handle recoil or read wind very well, there are plenty of arguments for 6.5cm
if you are competing against others, or hunting in high winds, handicapping yourself doesn't make much sense.

Hi,

Stand back boys................You might get "Dojo'd", lolol
1622919989356.png

Also, just FWIW...ITAR has absolutely ZERO to do with you being able to operate armed overseas OR in the USA for that matter.
An export regulation does nothing in regards to being able to operate armed anywhere.
Only the host countries government can allow you to operate armed within its' borders.
1622920359112.png

At least his garbage can lid is down, lolol
1622920258592.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Yeah, but is it a “1:3 twist” ? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
i read that q was testing 1:3 - 1:5 to get spin from heaving bullets with subsonic loads.
smaller cases gave "more consistent ignition" in subsonic loads.
i don't really get the point of subsonic 8.6cm out of a bolt gun. where is that a big advantage?
i suppose if you're carrying it a long way a 12.5" barrel is better.

Hi,

Stand back boys................You might get "Dojo'd", lolol
View attachment 7640925

Also, just FWIW...ITAR has absolutely ZERO to do with you being able to operate armed overseas OR in the USA for that matter.
An export regulation does nothing in regards to being able to operate armed anywhere.
Only the host countries government can allow you to operate armed within its' borders.
View attachment 7640930

At least his garbage can lid is down, lolol
View attachment 7640928

Sincerely,
Theis
Looks like 1313 Mockingbird Lane.......

• Wow
Reactions: Dewey7271
Wasn't too long ago you could get hornady 140s for $0.60-0.70 and sell the brass for $0.20-0.25. Way cheaper than 308
not for me. until recenty i could get new stock ppu m80 for less than $0.50, and back in 2017 i was able to get it for $0.30.
until last year, lots of folks could get old nato surplus for around $0.40, although accuracy is not always very good.
i can get 1.5moa or better with cheap ppu in my gas gun, which is good enough for zombies and short range duty.

Wait, what was that part about the-engineering suppressor baffles to make the harmonics go away from his barrel?

I’d go back and find it, but I am currently laughing too hard.

@GrumpyOleFart we let you have the last one and you did this to him...

I don’t think we can trust you with another just yet. But soon, ok?

Sirhr

Unfreakinbelievable
Paparock! That you?

not for me. until recenty i could get new stock ppu m80 for less than $0.50, and back in 2017 i was able to get it for $0.30.
until last year, lots of folks could get old nato surplus for around $0.40, although accuracy is not always very good.
i can get 1.5moa or better with cheap ppu in my gas gun, which is good enough for zombies and short range duty.

Comparing 1.5 MOA blasting ammo to 0.5 MOA match ammo

Smh

Yes for blasting ammo 308 is prolly cheaper.