• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

I may be looking for a Eberlestock? Your thoughts?

Dead Down Wind

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2011
Hi all,

I was looking at the Eberlestock bags for carrying the majority of my Predator hunting gear?

Normally i carry a Bushmaster Varminter .223 with a stainless steel barrel and a AWC .30cal Thundertrap Suppressor.

Now i am going to carry my Savage Predator MAx10 .243 with the same can.
I also have a Harris bipod attached to all of my rifles.
Will the rifle fit in an Eberlestock pack? If so which model?

I hunt a lot of coyotes and most of the time i am no farther that 1/4 a mile away from the stand.

Would it even make sense to purchase such a thing or am i wasting time & money?

I am 49 years old, 6'6" 250lbs and in great shape, i am tired of carrying everything in my hands or a gun sling on my shoulder.

Things i would carry:
TX-50 Remote for my Foxpro Krakatoa,
My Krakatoa - On the outside of the bag
Range Finder
Ammo
Hand calls
Coyote drag
Diaphragms
Extra gloves
Head net
Water
Snacks etc.....

What are your thoughts and thanks for your time.

Kevin

Re: I may be looking for a Eberlestock? Your thoughts?

I brought an Eberlestock with me on a hunt last year in Wyoming. I used it for the first hike of the day (about 4 miles), then threw it in the truck and left it there for the rest of the 5 day hunt. I used it as a glorified rifle case.

I found that the pack was far more cumbersome than carrying just what I needed (knife, tags, ammo, binos, and some jerky) and my rifle on a sling. I imagine for multi-day hunts where you're walking mile after mile in to the backcountry and need to carry meat and camping supplies, it would be great.

I used my Eberlestock Phantom on two Afghanistan deployments. It was by far my best piece of kit that wasn't electronic. Granted, my rucksack was huge but it carried everything I need for a couple weeks. Absolutely worth the money.

I have the GS2. It's a great pack but for your application I would choose a smaller pack and sling your rifle.

That being said, with the GS2 you have the option of slinging the rifle and synching the pack to a smaller size or carrying your rifle in the pack. It will easily hold your rifle w/ bipod. I can fit my scoped .308 LMT w/ bipod in mine.

If you're not going to pack a bunch of weight I would not get the GS2. The belt system becomes cumbersome in this instance. On the other hand, if you do plan to pack a lot the belt is great.

I use a gs2 and a mini ( just got a x2 and a v69 the other day as well)

Picture498-1.jpg

Picture836-1.jpg

Gents,

I opted for the X3 model in Coyote Brown.

All the other models seemed to be tooooo big!

Thanks for all of your help:)

Kevin

Late reply but interested in the same thing. I have opted for a GS11 to carry my rifle, Krakatoa and associated gear. I want the Krakatoa to fit in the main compartment. Ceylon thinks that it will. I was looking att he G4 operator but I think it would be too big. Now I am looking for a molle pouch to put my second 35 watt TOA speaker (from fox pro) in and attach to the GS11 when I want to use the second speaker, any ideas ?

I'd also like to hear back on how the OP's choice is working out.

cheers pc3