• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need a great bedside rapid handgun safe option.

nikdanja

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2014
Warrenton Virginia
I’m having my first child and I can no longer keep my handgun out in the open on my night stand.

it’s a full size CZ with a stream light on it and I need some recommendations on safes.

im really worried about electronic safes just due to the fact of “another thing could go wrong”. But I like how fast you can get to your gun.

what do you guys suggest?

Reactions: diverdon
The random ads I see make stopbox look like a decent option. Haven't bought one yet though.

I've gone through a couple of the battery powered push button lock boxes and they always shit out waaay faster than they should.

Something mechanical, vs electric lock, is the way to go. Screw it to the night stand if you have to.

Get a simplex lock safe such as the ft Knox, v line has some too but I have both and the ft Knox is better for full size (also lock seems a bit better). I have had the electronic ones and all have turned into key operated units because they have failed after a couple years.

I have had the ft Knox for about 10 years without issue and it is just as quick if you choose a sane combination.