• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I need a list of scopes, your input is needed

perkantino

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
Broome County, NY
Hello folks. I recently had an epiphany relating to single and double turn turrets. It now seems impossible for me to return to rev lines.
From now on my primary buying criterion is: "Can I get all my elevation in 1 or 2 turns max" Anything short of that, and I am not buying.
The glass could be made from a pinto's windshield, or from diamond I don't know care. I won't miss a shot because of poor glass, after all people shoot irons up to 1K,
but under pressure, I ll certainly confuse rev 2 and 3.
So I decided to identify all the scopes out there with that feature. I am asking the pros and knowledgeable alike here to chime in if I forget something, or correct me if the list is erroneous.

Leupold Mk4 3.5-10
Nightforce Beast
S&B PMII 3-12/3-20/5-25/5-20/4-16
hensoldt zf 3.5-26×56
Leupold Mk6 3-18 / Mk8
Steiner military 5-25
Khales K 6-24
Premier 5-25
March F 3-24X in 42 or 52 mm

Am I forgetting something? Scopes no ones has heard of?

Last edited:
What distances are you shooting under pressure that you are on the 2nd/3rd revolution? The only time I get into the 2nd revolution on a scope is messing around out at 1500-2000 yards. I know some comps have 1 mile shots but all of them I do are under 1200 yards which on some guns may put you into the second rev. Don't get me wrong if you want a DT turret then go for it but with scope now being 10mil a revolution (at minimum) you'll be in that first revolution 99% of the time. I think you may leave out some quality scopes just being worried about DT(ie vortex HD)

What distances are you shooting under pressure that you are on the 2nd/3rd revolution? The only time I get into the 2nd revolution on a scope is messing around out at 1500-2000 yards. I know some comps have 1 mile shots but all of them I do are under 1200 yards which on some guns may put you into the second rev. Don't get me wrong if you want a DT turret then go for it but with scope now being 10mil a revolution (at minimum) you'll be in that first revolution 99% of the time. I think you may leave out some quality scopes just being worried about DT(ie vortex HD)

Yeah 10 mils per rev helps more than what we used to have, but when you can see 2 or more rev lines on the scope, it can be confusing as to what rev it is. Especially when you dial up for a shot then have to leave the position, return to it let's say an hour later, and then start to wonder how much you dialed up the hour before. Also when a shot needs to count, seeing rev line 1, and line 2 showing a little even as you are sure you are on line 1, when you know a shot really has to count, you start doubting which line it really is, even when you know it must be line 1, and that's a lack of peace of mind you should not had to your marksmanship routine.
At the range comfortably sitting or on a hunt when you ve laid everything out waiting it's ok, but in comp, or under duress when you need speed and clarity and your heart is racing, and when you start doubting everything, rev lines just act to confuse you. Look at the new Bushys, where you have to play peek a boo to see what rev you are on, that's incredibly confusing. So I guess it's not so much 1 or 2 rev max, I guess it's the rev lines. They are not clear enough indicators for me. And after handling DT turrets, speed, clarity, clear indicators of where I am. It's just hard to come back. So I am trying to figure out what scopes share those features so I can keep my buying set to just those.

Last edited:
Tangent Theta

We should have them moving out the door in the next week or two.

We still have some used Premier's for sale as well.

Looking forward to it. I think everyone needs to move in that direction. May be more so than the glass quality obsession. This ain't bird watching. ;)

Yeah 10 mils per rev helps more than what we used to have, but when you can see 2 or more rev lines on the scope, it can be confusing as to what rev it is. Especially when you dial up for a shot then have to leave the position, return to it let's say an hour later, and then start to wonder how much you dialed up the hour before. Also when a shot needs to count, seeing rev line 1, and line 2 showing a little even as you are sure you are on line 1, when you know a shot really has to count, you start doubting which line it really is, even when you know it must be line 1, and that's a lack of peace of mind you should not had to your marksmanship routine.
At the range comfortably sitting or on a hunt when you ve laid everything out waiting it's ok, but in comp, or under duress when you need speed and clarity and your heart is racing, and when you start doubting everything, rev lines just act to confuse you. Look at the new Bushys, where you have to play peek a boo to see what rev you are on, that's incredibly confusing. So I guess it's not so much 1 or 2 rev max, I guess it's the rev lines. They are not clear enough indicators for me. And after handling DT turrets, speed, clarity, clear indicators of where I am. It's just hard to come back. So I am trying to figure out what scopes share those features so I can keep my buying set to just those.

That makes more sense. I've never had a scope with the multiple rev lines but I can see how that could get confusing. I have a steiner and as far as the turret goes that is very simple. If you go into the second turn a new set of numbers appear, no guessing with that.

That makes more sense. I've never had a scope with the multiple rev lines but I can see how that could get confusing. I have a steiner and as far as the turret goes that is very simple. If you go into the second turn a new set of numbers appear, no guessing with that.

Yes, frankly in my opinion Steiner is at the top. There is no way you can doubt what rev you are on, but also what actual number you are on. That to me is way more valuable than glass quality.
For that alone it's a hell of a scope.

Vortex Razor II, USO with EREK. What are you shooting and how far? That would help and I do agree 5mil/10moa per rev is sooo 20th century...

The Premier Heritage 3-15 can be had with either ST or DT as well.

Am using a couple of S&B 4-16's with ST, but you did not list those.

Presume it's still available from S&B?

I will say check out the Nightforce BEAST if you can afford it. 20 mils per rev. The 1065 yard steel target at my range here in Colorado only gets me to 10 mils with a 175gr SKG at 2700fps out of my AX308MC.

March F 3-24X in 42 or 52 mm is a great light weight hunting scope and have never had any tracking issues with either of mine in over 2 years of heavy high caliber use (338 LM). Good luck

I've got the Leupold 3.5-10x40 with the .5 MOA M2 turrets. It only takes 14 clicks to get to 400 with a 100 yard zero. That said, at 800 (which I can't shoot around here) I'm dialing 4" with every click. That's a bit touchy if I end up missing my count on the dial. If I were to do it again, I'd pick up the NF 2.5-10x42 and dial the extra clicks to get the extra adjustment accuracy.

That's what I use now. I definitely got a good one because the glass in it is phenomenal. Before that I had a 3.5-15x50 nightforce nxs (10 mils per rotation). To the point of my post...I I'm still on my second rotation to 935 yards...I haven't miscounted once. Then again, if the deer were shooting back, that might change things.

FWIW, I don't know it it helps me focus better or what but I shoot noticeably better when I count clicks.