• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I need a lower rail....

GSRswapandslow

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
North Carolina, Hudson (28638)
setup:
sps tactical
6-24x50 PST
LOW seekins rings
20moa EGW base

check out the gap!
0da42677.jpg

so...i'm about as low as I can go with rings...and still have a huge gap. I really want the ocular lower because it's difficult to get a good cheek weld with the scope so high.

I have a 20moa rail....and I guess i really don't need the 20moa, seeing as it's a .223 and I only shoot out to 500yds....anyone think that'd drop the scope enough to be around 2-3mm clearence? Or should i go with a different brand of rail?

Re: I need a lower rail....

Put a seekins rail on it. I have a sps 308 with seekins rail and low rings and plenty of room, but it isn't a 50mm.

no, i just talked to EGW and they suggested a 0moa HD rail...since it's 0.1" less already..and I hope the "cant-less" rail along with the lower design will get the ocular down to where I want it

I'm sure Murphy Precision can make you a lower steel rail. I'd keep a 20moa rail on it not 0. You can also cut some pieces of a mouse pad up and put it under your stock pack.

How much space is there between your barrel and scope bell? It looks like you'd be about as low as you'd want to go if you put a Butler Creek cap on the objective.

If it were mine, I'd put some padding under the stock pack, like I do on my R5.

OFG

Well a cheaper solution would be foam padding underneath you stock pack. This would offer some additional comfort as well and fix our cheek weld problem with minimal fuss and less money then a new base.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well a cheaper solution would be foam padding underneath you stock pack. This would offer some additional comfort as well and fix our cheek weld problem with minimal fuss and less money then a new base. </div></div>

This. Get some duct tape and foam, build up the comb a bit and put the stock pack back on. Done.

i was actually going to try that...but shot the gun today and the gun will NOT ride the big with the pack on...so, yeah :-/

i'm ordering the HD rail tomorrow, guy at EGW said he'd be happy to let me send it back if it doesn't drop the ocular as low as I like...so, i thought that was pretty friggin cool.

if that fails, i'll prob toss this stock and go with something with an adjustable comb