• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition I need a new rear bag

Marksman

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2008
Michigan
I'm curious what bags you guys are using for F-T/R or even F-Open. I'd like to find one that has some height to it, but I'm not having much luck. Also, does anyone shoot with a McMillan A4 or A5? How do you handle the thumb hook? Best to put the ear in the thumb hook area, or behind it?

Re: I need a new rear bag

Thanks for posting this question. I am in the market for a rear bag also for a Savage 12 F/TR.

I will be watching this thread with interest.

Edgewood mini-gator as well. I use the extra short bag and then use mouse pads to fine-tune my elevation.

Protektor will make you a bag any way you want. I got one of their Dr. bags, custom configured with extra height, flat (no slope on top), 5/8" spacing between the ear, and filled with heavy sand for about $150 delivered. Took them about a week and a half.

I bought a Protektor #14, then realised as gstaylorg mentioned above that the Red Tac bags that I had already offered me a lot of versatality since they were different sizes. Also I have seen some creative rear bags that folks have made themselves .

I just bought this bag from Sinclair earlier today:

749-013-305SB
Edgewood Minigator Rear Bag w/ Handle 3/4" Stitch
Mfr. Part: MGHAN34STREAR

I was able to give one a try this weekend and absolutely loved it! Much more stable thand my old bag.

I'm looking into the Protektor series a little more closely. I'm considering this model assume it's not too tall.

p_749101725_1.jpg

But I'm still considering this model as well.

p_749007536_1.jpg

I use the dr. protektor with handle in picture, and because i am a cheap bastard and cannot see for the life of me why somebody would pay money for heavy dirt, i filled mine with salt. it works good, flows easy, and after the zombies get smoked i will have some salt for food....took almost 4 #'s to fill it,bag and ears. i shoot a savage f t/r in .308.not dissapointed

http://www.sebcoax.com/

Try these guys. 60% less than the Edgewood, better in my book. Ears are nicer. I have both, won't spend the money for an Edgewood again.

Anyone shooting a Savage 12 F/TR mind sharing the flat width you use on your rear bag between the ears?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking into the Protektor series a little more closely. I'm considering this model assume it's not too tall.

p_749101725_1.jpg

</div></div>

This is the one I have used for a couple of years now. I like it very well.

I use it with my Remmy 700 in .223 and my Savage FTR in .308.

the shorter of the two might be a little better you can allways use a shim or two under it for a hight adjustment. i just picked up one and used it wensday it worked out nice with a shim or two with my MCM A5