• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing I need a 'smith.

stevewix

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2008
Getting ready to rebarrel a factory Rem 700 SA 308 in 6.5x47 Lapua. going to order a barrel and reamer, would like to know if there are any favorite riflesmiths out there in the midwest (or otherwise). I'd like to have the receiver threads re-cut and the action trued without sleeving it if possible.

I'm looking for an a+ job done, how much should I expect to pay?

Re: I need a 'smith.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWILLIAMS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A big +1 for Chad and his work. You cant go wrong there. </div></div>

+1

Another vote for Chad here. You won't be disappointed. Top notch work coming out of his shop.

Chad has a rifle of mine right now. I have been through his shop and looked at some of his work. I would definately consider using him as your gunsmith.

Ditto! Chad is working on mine as well. He does great work! I'm as excited as a little school boy to get it. I just need to return to the states.

Another vote for Chad has one of my sticks in the works too!!!

Not to mention a few bolts have been fluted as well!!!!

Chad! Talk to me brotha!
smile.gif

Gotta go with Chad also. Rebarreled, w BRUX, 264 win mag, trued, blueprinted action, fat recoil lug, custom brake. Weather has prevented me from putting any thing down the bore yet :(, hopefully rectifying that today IF the weather holds.. He did a "simple" job on my XP100, installed an external bolt release "while I waited" picking up my stick last week, A++

Besides the work, he talks to you too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N.Allen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotta go with Chad also. Rebarreled, w BRUX, 264 win mag, trued, blueprinted action, fat recoil lug, custom brake. Weather has prevented me from putting any thing down the bore yet :(, hopefully rectifying that today IF the weather holds.. He did a "simple" job on my XP100, installed an external bolt release "while I waited" picking up my stick last week, A++

Besides the work, he talks to you too! </div></div>

That is GREAT news. My next gun is a .264 WM. The donor is sitting here waiting. I didnt see that caliber on the reamer list so I figured I was in for the slight extra charge... Maybe you have just saved me dinner money for one night!

My pleasure Oakster! I didn't mind paying the price because of the oddball caliber to have Chad build it. I haven't put anything down the bore but a patch and beings this is my first aftermarket barrel, Brux, it was unbelievably smooth. Expected, but still.....

I'll expect a cold one!

Mike and Trevor,

Sticks arrived yesterday from Brux. Going to see about wrapping you two up today. Jamie is due inbound Saturday to drop off a rifle that he sold.

Give me a call to verify if its all right to give the guns to him to take back to Gillette.

Steve,

Be glad to help. Just give us a call or shoot me an email. I'll work up an estimate for the job and send it back to you.

Everything your asking for is right down our alley so I don't anticipate any problems.

C.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike and Trevor,

Sticks arrived yesterday from Brux. Going to see about wrapping you two up today. Jamie is due inbound Saturday to drop off a rifle that he sold.

Give me a call to verify if its all right to give the guns to him to take back to Gillette.

Steve,

Be glad to help. Just give us a call or shoot me an email. I'll work up an estimate for the job and send it back to you.

Everything your asking for is right down our alley so I don't anticipate any problems.

C. </div></div>

Now that is some really Great news!!!!!

give Jon Beanland at Beanland Custom Rifles a call. He does this type of work.
580-471-3380

Never used Chad Dixon. Heard good things.

I use Beanland.

You won't be disappointed with either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Ross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">give Jon Beanland at Beanland Custom Rifles a call. He does this type of work.
580-471-3380 </div></div>

Yup - I've been working with Jon for the first time on a rebarrel & action truing & Cerakote, really good guy to work with considering I'm not the most tech savy rifle person. He answered all my dumb questions and was nice about it to boot:) I just got an email from him last night to let me know my 7mm-08 is ready to come home, can't wait.
So yah he is good guy to talk to.