• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

i need factory 338 laupa ammo. whay brand is best?

mrredbeard1959

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2010
i need ammo for a blaser tac 2 338 laupa. what brand is good. any help with this will be great because i need to buy some this week. i am thinking midway will have some

Re: i need factory 338 laupa ammo. whay brand is best?

Call up BLACK HILLS AMMO... they have some VERY good ammo and its Match ammo at that.

Matt.

I've used both hornady 250gr match and lapua 300gr scenar factory ammo in my savage, the lapua shoots slightly better, and the brass is much better quality. The rifle likes the 300gr better, but yours may be different depending on twist, if it's not 1:10" or faster, shoot the 250gr.
I believe black hills uses hornady or Norma brass, both of which I've heard are inferior to the lapua.

I just ordered some 338LM 300grn lapua scenar ammo from Mike and Zack at Southwest Ammo.Great prices for Hide members and they have Ammo available.I hear it shoots real good too.I'll be finding our soon enough,but you should contact them and see what they can do for you.
STEVE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoVa birdman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I believe black hills uses hornady or Norma brass, both of which I've heard are inferior to the lapua. </div></div>

All my Black Hills is Lapua brass.

Ruag makes extremely good ammo.

I haven't tried Southwest's 338 ammo but their 308 is very good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shoots100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered some 338LM 300grn lapua scenar ammo from Mike and Zack at Southwest Ammo.Great prices for Hide members and they have Ammo available.I hear it shoots real good too.I'll be finding our soon enough,but you should contact them and see what they can do for you.
STEVE </div></div>i just emailed them and told them i was a member of the hide. they gave me regular pricing, no discount. i think i will still order from them them but you get no benefit from telling them your member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoVa birdman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I believe black hills uses hornady or Norma brass, both of which I've heard are inferior to the lapua. </div></div>

All my Black Hills is Lapua brass.

Ruag makes extremely good ammo.

I haven't tried Southwest's 338 ammo but their 308 is very good. </div></div>
I stand corrected, good to know!

I have a friend with a case of Blackhills 250gr 338LM that he is looking to sell. He will probably work a little better deal than any dealers can, just to off load it (probably something like $10 off a box of 20). PM me a number and I will get back to you.