• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I Need Practice, And Somewhere I Can Do It - Atlanta Region

I'm wondering if anyone within, say, 3-hours of Atlanta has any advice (PM me, that's fine) on where I can practice - at least out to 300 yards for wobble error to matter?

Just finished a PRS match over the weekend. It was fun and was to me intended as practice (timed out a lot), but I did terribly... worse than my prior PRS matches.

I watch, I learn, I take advice, I practice how I can, but I have to practice with actual firing at my pace. PRS's "chop chop chop" pace isn't working for me. Part of me wishes there was a version of PRS for amateurs that's only like 8 stages and maybe a max of 8 shots over 120 seconds instead of just 90 so it's easier to get the hang of it.

Just getting frustrated. Seems so unattainable to practice around me. At least without owning land, which I was working on, then the COVID craze on property mixed with this administration's ability to fuel inflation without remorse turned every attainable piece of land I had on the radar into unobtainium in quite the rapid pace.

Any advice is welcome!
Dead Zero would be within 3 hours of you, they have a PRS 22 range and then some barricades you can use to practice centerfire PRS skills with. 20$/mo for the rifle range membership. Strategic Edge also isn't too far from you. Considering you made this post over a year ago, I bet you are a way better shooter now

I have posted similar before and it will be equally unpopular this time I am sure.

Not being sarcastic but I have never figured out why anyone wants to “shoot long range” when they have no place it’s possible or needed.

You don’t swim in the Arctic, scuba dive in the Sahara, snow ski in Alabama.

Not being critical. It simply makes no sense to me.

I have posted similar before and it will be equally unpopular this time I am sure.

Not being sarcastic but I have never figured out why anyone wants to “shoot long range” when they have no place it’s possible or needed.

You don’t swim in the Arctic, scuba dive in the Sahara, snow ski in Alabama.

Not being critical. It simply makes no sense to me.
Being from N Ga myself I have felt that way, for sure.

It would be far easier to take up USPSA than rifle but if that's where your interests lie, so be it. Unless family or friends own land you will spend a copious amount of time in your car seat to regularly shoot 1K yards.

As far as "needed" LOL, its a hobby, so yea. You don't "need" a 125k boat to pull big mouth fishies from the lake either, but there they are lined up by the dozen.

maybe I missed another if there is one or maybe it was just listed I also have no idea on which ranges are still up and running or shut down best of luck finding a range .

Ok yeah, I forgot they are just a black meatball there. I admit the same frustration. But aren't steel plates the same? Use the screen's mil grid lines option to avoid issues. The target board and sensor is pretty big, I hardly think you'll make that big of a mistake in wind call or elevation to "miss" the board entirely on a Known Distance target at 600yds.
Dumb people can't understand that working on the fundamentals doesn't need a match environment.