• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need recommendations for a top notch 22 rf gunsmith

chama

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2005
Kansa
Hello, can anybody recommend a gunsmith that deals exclusively in rimfire gunsmithing. I need one to install a new shilen barrel on Remington 40x rifle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Would you know his phone no. or how to contact him. Thanks.

I thought Bill was retired? I do not know, just saw a rifle or two listed for sale that said " last one Bill built prior to retirement".

Bill only builds for top shooters
I think butch might be slowing down
Gene Davis one of the best with 40x
Richard Gorham
Mel Eck
Brian Voelker
Roger Brock
Just a few of the good ones.

John Langley
Ironton, OH

John has built some of the top scoring Sporter Class rifles to shoot in ARA and IR50/50 in recent years including the one that holds the top score (if my info is correct). He also build full race unlimited guns. He is not exclusively a rimfire smith as he also builds F-class centerfire rifles and used to build IPSC handguns. Honest and knows his craft. You could do worse.

Irish

Doyle Englin located in Winder, Ga. Dixie Gun Works I think, does excellent rimfire work. Really nice guy, excellent work with no surprises. Your project is ready when he said he would get it to you. No need to add extra time to the pickup date he gives you.
Semper Fi