• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need schooling on triggers

Re: I need schooling on triggers

So is the timney shit or not?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OBXLongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Only seasoned competitors and professionals should use a single stage. My opinion.

</div></div>

Why? </div></div>

Yeah....what? Why?

I would have said the complete opposite if I was inclined to distingish a difference beyond preference.

I prefer my JP single stage on my AR and prefer the 2 stage on my bolt gun, but that's just me... what ever allows you to comfortably and consistantly shoot well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: southpaw68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OBXLongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Only seasoned competitors and professionals should use a single stage. My opinion.

</div></div>

Why? </div></div>

Yeah....what? Why?

I would have said the complete opposite if I was inclined to distingish a difference beyond preference.

I prefer my JP single stage on my AR and prefer the 2 stage on my bolt gun, but that's just me... what ever allows you to comfortably and consistantly shoot well. </div></div>

If I had to guess, his reasoning would be that a single stage would more easily double fire with a new shooter that doesn't use proper follow through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: southpaw68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OBXLongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Why? </div></div>

Yeah....what? Why?

I prefer my JP single stage on my AR and prefer the 2 stage on my bolt gun, but that's just me... what ever allows you to comfortably and consistantly shoot well. </div></div>

If I had to guess, his reasoning would be that a single stage would more easily double fire with a new shooter that doesn't use proper follow through. </div></div>

I can see how that might be the case. I did encounter this once while trying to adjust the over travel on my JP trigger. If someone were to have an improperly adjusted trigger this could be a prevelant issue...Especially without proper trigger control. Although I'm fairly certain I've heard of this happening with the 2 stage Geissele triggers as well.

My JP rifle has a JP trigger, it's great, but if you install it yourself it takes a little while to get set up.

My BHE rifle has a Wilson TTU, it's an extremely nice trigger as well, and is a drop in unit, no need to fiddle with it. They have a single stage and 3 gun model. A little spendy, but very nice, I don't think it's inferior to any other trigger I've shot for my purposes.

I don't own a Geissele but I've shot a number. Definitely nothing wrong with those that I've seen. You won't go wrong with any of these 3.

I'm running a SR Gold on my Armalite AR10C and love it. I'm no expert and have not owned most of the other triggers so take that for what it's worth. My son's AR15 has an Armalite tactical two stage that i've tuned but it has a different feel than the Gold. It has more than half of it's pull weight in the first stage, the Gold has only ounces in the first. Reset is very short on the Gold. Although I bought it primarily for accuracy shooting, I found that it was noticeably faster with accuracy in tactical matches. Final pull weight and second stage travel are easily adjusted with allen wrenches.