• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need some opinions on a scope base

Marinevet1

Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    A couple of months ago, my name came to the top of the list, and I bought a new Anschutz 1416 custom shop trainer. I've been looking for a scope, told myself I wasn't going to spend a lot of money, but. Mile High has a screaming deal on some S&B scopes, so yesterday I bought one.

My questions is: should I use a 20 MOA base, or a 25MOA.......what would be the advantages, or disadvantages......
    I know it's a .22, so range is limited........open to all opinions,

Thanks, in advance

I built my first 22 trainer on a Stiller 2500XR action, which came with a 25 MOA sloped rail. Next one was on a 40X converted to repeater - all I had in stock for Remingtons were 20 MOA rails, so I used one on that rifle. Have shot both out past 200yds with Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 scopes, and have plenty of elevation left at that distance with a 50yd zero. No problem shooting at 25yds, even with the 25 MOA rail, but I never tried anything closer than that. If I were going to shoot indoors with these rifles during the winter months, I'd probably go with a 20 MOA rail so getting a zero at 25' wouldn't be a problem. If not, being more interested in taking it out to 300+yds, I'd go with a 25 MOA rail.