• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

i need some opinion's

dixieraider669

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2009
wadley ga
just finished new paint job. and wanted to show it off and get some opinion's on it.

also someone suggested doing this as a side job? and id like to get some opinon's and suggestions?

100_0317.jpg

100_0314.jpg

100_0310.jpg

100_0309.jpg

100_0311.jpg

Re: i need some opinion's

Hey that looks good.. I hope you used DuraCoat.. How did you seal it? I use the flat duracoat seal and have had great results with it..

As for a side business… Sure why the hell not.. Thats how I make my side money painting things.. Ammo cans, gun cases, rifles, pistols it all good..

Best of luck to you sir..

Looks saleable. I voted 'go for it'.

What would you call the pattern?

Greg

Not only do I really like the paint job, I think it's hard to go wrong doing what you like to do and earning money at the same time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MedicGordo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well im sure a mongoose would try and eat it lol.looks good not my taste but you did a good job on it.</div></div>

+1

Good job, can't believe someone hasn't done it sooner.

Can you paint some fangs on the end of the stock?! Love the design - you can vary that in so many cool ways!

That thing is awsome! Love the paint. I voted go for it, heck I might have to be a customer.

snake charmer sounds like a good name to me.
more pictures coming soon as a get them off the camera

but here are some pics of my other rifle paint project
sniper005.jpg

sniper009.jpg

Being from the automotive paint industry and doing custom paint work I said go for it. We need people that have ability and pride in their work. Our painters are either drunks or addicts and we need good artists. I have painted several stocks for a local gentleman that worked for Angle Porting. We could not do them fast enough for him. He always had 20 or 30 sets of furniture for Benelli or Beretta skeet guns. I will tell you this, work on an american flag(stars and Bars waving) theme and it sells like hotcakes. Mostly to skeeters and bench resters. Pricing anywhere from simple (125.00) to complex (350.00). We once cleared a stock for a gentleman that had spent 7000.00 on just the furniture. He spent 4 days at a stock maker (5000) and then put a 2000.00 medallion in it. He wanted it slick as glass (a man with way too much money). Good luck with your art and as long as you take pride in your work and charge what it is truly worth you can have fun,make an art piece and make money to fund your habit. If you need any advice or questions answered give me a shout. Tommy

By the way,as a 20year + veteran in the custom world, I give you props, true artistry. Post some more paint jobs. Carry on................

I voted go for it because it's obvious you have some talent. However, I think you need to put more time/thought into your paint jobs. let your inner artist out and then take the time to really make them special. The above examples are nice but not outstanding. Outstanding sells, mediocre not so much.

ive got a local gun shop going to put one up on display along flyer. i justhave to finish painting the takeoff stock as a demo

while not my cup of tea, it seems you def. have the skill to do it.