• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need to procure a lightweight hunting rifle for next year, what would you pick?

You know how many people I've heard say their Savages were accurate but weren't? A lot.

I bought at least a half dozen different Savage 17HMR's because I wanted an accurate 17HMR and everyone on the internet said theirs shot 1/2moa... Wasn't the case.

So you are basing you opinion on their center fire rifles based entirely upon the performance of rimfire guns firing a necked down 22 Magnum?

Reactions: Emerson0311
So you are basing you opinion on their center fire rifles based entirely upon the performance of rimfire guns firing a necked down 22 Magnum?

No, I've experienced plenty of 10's and 110's that were epic pieces of shit too. I sent back a long range hunter 7mm rem mag that was shooting 6" groups and they sent back saying it met their standards. Savage is fucking junk.

For the money, Tikka and Bergara are to beat. A lot of nice guns to choose from but Jeez you have glass to consider too. Didn't read the entire thread so maybe that has been covered. Good luck.

PB