• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I saw this video of some small arms ammo plant overseas

AbitNutz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2021
SW Ohio
This video is on YouTube. I figured it was just another video showing ammo being made. Well, it is and it isn't. They show a level of sophisticated engineering and automation that is almost unbelievable. It's almost a lights-out factory....and it's not in the USA.

For a short time I did work in a pharmaceutical plant repairing machines very like those.
I'm quite familiar with every bit you see in the vid.
There seems to be a lot of un-needed operations and movements, but from the angles and priorities given to the cam it's tough to say for certain.

It's really nothing out of the ordinary for modern type assembly plants in the U.S.
It's also about the general public see's very little of this stuff....so it might seem miraculous, but it's not.

For a short time I did work in a pharmaceutical plant repairing machines very like those.
There seems to be a lot of un-needed operations and movements, but from the angles and priorities given to the cam it's tough to say for certain.

It's really nothing out of the ordinary for modern type assembly plants in the U.S.
It's also about the general public see's very little of this stuff....so it might seem miraculous, but it's not.
Hey! That's ammo being made somewhere! Don't ruin it for us.

Reactions: Aftermath
That would keep me shooting for at least a month. Army Jerry would likely go through it in a week. ;)

I had a bunch of S*B 6.5 CM. good, accurate, reliable ammo.

Yep, I was repairing the welds the robots would mess up on an assembly line almost 20 years ago. There was always a technician or two adjusting the machines as they were good at keeping me in a job.