• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"I Should Have Bought..."

Metonymy

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2011
TX
I should have bought an STI Omni several years ago.

I should have bought the CZ TS2 Racing Green when I stumbled upon it early last year.

But noooooooooo... I didn't want to spend the money. And now they're both unobtanium.

I really gotta stop talking myself out of buying firearms I want. I have money set aside to buy a unicorn when I find one, but that's 2x now I've talked myself out of it, not knowing they'd become unicorns. "Oh, I'll just get one later." Yeah, so much for that plan.

What's your "I should have bought..." gun?

Bought em already and sold when money was tight . But my one shoulda in reloading . Edelman's was closing a store . Everything marked way down . Lyman 8 station loader and kit $135.00 .
Leslie Edelman closed his stores but bought Kimber around 94 or so . Maybe earlier .

Bought em already and sold when money was tight . But my one shoulda in reloading . Edelman's was closing a store . Everything marked way down . Lyman 8 station loader and kit $135.00 .
Leslie Edelman closed his stores but bought Kimber around 94 or so . Maybe earlier .
Oh man, I am kicking myself in my own butt and I wasn't even there.

That's got to hurt.

• Haha
Reactions: Alphatreedog
A Remington M24 when Eurooptic had the run of 500.

A Ford Superduty instead of my old Wrangler.

A replica FN49 sniper instead of my various 1903 Springfields. (I didn't miss an opportunity but still).

Reactions: Alphatreedog
I have thought that I should have grabbed the 450 Thumper from Windham Weaponry. I already love two of the bing bangs I have from them. The Dissipator M4 A3 in 5.56 X45 mm NATO (.223 Rem) and the R16SFST-308 in 7.62x51 mm NATO (.308 Win).

Their 450 Thumper is in .450 Bushmaster with a Magpul PRS Gen III stock, which I really like. I put one of those on my R16SFST-308.

450, like .350 Legend, is good for close timber hunting. At 300 yards, it has dropped 5 feet. So, it is a good 100 yard to 150 yard gun and there are a few SFP scopes out there designed for these straight walls. Leupold VX Freedom 350 and Vortex Crossfire II Straight Wall.

But I did not get one because I figured I could get the same results with slugs out of my shottie.

I should have bought an STI Omni several years ago.

I should have bought the CZ TS2 Racing Green when I stumbled upon it early last year.

But noooooooooo... I didn't want to spend the money. And now they're both unobtanium.

I really gotta stop talking myself out of buying firearms I want. I have money set aside to buy a unicorn when I find one, but that's 2x now I've talked myself out of it, not knowing they'd become unicorns. "Oh, I'll just get one later." Yeah, so much for that plan.

What's your "I should have bought..." gun?
Why does this come across to me as a very subtle and honestly pretty damn well done GlowDog post ?

Just sayin....

Reactions: atomic41
I say na na never regret a buy enjoy it take it outside and shoot it . and if in the future you see the other gun buy it as well . the time to buy almost anything is when you see it if you can afford it . regret bringing home the kids if you have any but not a firearm you never know when or which gun might just save your life .

Cant think of a gun I should've bought. But I had a chance when I was 18 to buy a 1971 Ford Bronco for $3500 with 18K original miles

Reactions: Metonymy
Should have bought several McMillan return stocks. Weren’t they $100 when first offered?

I have more guns that ended up being bad buys because they turned out to be turds than I regret not buying. There’s really nothing out there I “have” to have, return A1 stocks and Unertls included.

For every item I “missed out” on, I come across five others I can get, and life goes on just fine.

A 1963 split window Corvette in 1972 for $1200.00

A Winchester 1901 lever action 10 ga. shotgun at a yard sale some where in Iowa in the mid 70's for $200.00.

The list is long.........

A "USMC" roll marked M45A1 when they first came out at $2,100, and one of the decommissioned ones when they hit the market.

Lol what's a decent price?

Have you seen what new axmc le cost?
1693836739863.gif

Reactions: Huskydriver
Don't beat yourself up. At my Dad's funeral my brother and I stood up and gave some of Dad's favorite sayings...
One was - "A man can go broke taking advantage of good deals."
Yeah, you're right. At the time I was poised to buy 300 coins. Just couldn't bring myself to setting up a foreign bank account because no institution in the US was trading in bitcoin at that time. And most likely I would have sold them long before the prices went to level stupid anyway.

When I was into Marlins, wished I had bought a 357 Cowboy and a 30-30 Cowboy. I loved those octagon Barreled Marlins. About 15yrs ago I wish I would have bought another First Gen Toyota Tundra. Or 2. 😆

Oh and about 5 Honda ATC 350x 3 Wheelers. Dam I could have made a bunch on those.

Hayden.

Why does this come across to me as a very subtle and honestly pretty damn well done GlowDog post ?

Just sayin....
Not familiar with who that is, but that's a function of me not being here much.

Figured folks here would understand my lamentation. 😄