• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

"I Survived Scout" SH Morale Patch -- EXTRA PATCHES NOW AVAILABLE

Oh I had a good question about what the Latin on the patch means....

"A precipice in front of me, Wolves behind me."

As perfect a saying as you could want for Scout and the transition back! AI's design.... which could not be better!

Cheers,

Sirhr

The latin translation sold me....well done

BTT..

30 left. There are 1500 people logged in right now. So if 1 in 50 is lucky enough to get a patch.... we're done.

BTW, you guys have done an outstanding job at counting off and keeping this simple and making it work.

I expect to have sample any day now. I'll post picture when I get it. We should have these all shipped out post-haste.

Again... 30 to go. The *last* time Frank made patches... they all were spoken for and then everyone (me included) complained we didn't get one. And he made hundreds. It's uncanny how everyone wants one when they're gone. But never gets onboard when they're available for the asking. Don't be sorry that you missed the boat. Because once 100 of AI's great designs are spoken for.... there will only be a few for auction. Then done.

I know how this place works... you only want one when they are gone. Are you going to be one of the lucky 30 who can say "I got mine?"

Cheers,

Sirhr

With parental approval perhaps you could post this link in maybe Bolt Actions, rifle scopes, and maybe Vintage or Equipment? For my own part I know I didn't really visit the Pit for most of my first year or two. There's probably a few of the true studs that you could think of that may want one and not know about it, kraigWY comes to mind off the top of my head if he hasn't snagged one yet.

But you're absolutely right on the difference in "the market" here these days. The last patch I remember was the Legal Defense, and those went to contributors to the defense fund. If this were the old days, you'd have to limit the purchase to members who'd actually been here before the move.

I wish the Shop section were up again, I'm nearing another full orbit around the sun and all I really wanted was a fresh Hide shirt.

Last edited:
Bogey... I think when I post a picture of all of them splayed out as I open the package from Combat Swag... the last will sell in no time. And that as soon as they are gone, the "But can you make more" chorus will be deafening.

I have no problem with it getting posted in some other threads, but I'll let Tucker or LL or one of the mods make that call.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I'll take one. #83

Last edited by a moderator:
[h=1]A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi[/h]
A precipice in the front, wolves to the rear.

Between a rock and a hard place.

I survived the situation, but don't need no stinking patch. Some things are better forgotten. :)

Six to go. Once we get all 100 sold, there will be a big surprise for everyone who has ordered.

It will be all good and everyone will get their patches as promised... But the big reveal will come when the 100th is spoken for and I think everyone will be happy and gratified!

Six to go. Don't be left out!

Cheers,

Sirhr

I'll buy #100 for the person that agrees to a signature on the forums, for 1 full year, of my choosing.

P.S. - If the big reveal is a challenge coin, I get #1 with my screen name on it and Bogey gets #2.

I really don't want a patch as I have more poor folk patches on my clothes than most because I am a cheap MFer.
However, count me in for #96 and I will pay for it then you can send it to someone that wants more than 1.
Am I good with this or do I need to be tortured with a communist computer fill in the blanks thing?
Let me know, Regards, Foul Mike

There are four patches left... three if you will trust Bavaria to pick your sig line. Personally, I'd beware. But, hey, people might get desparate when there is one left.

There are 1700 people online right now.

That means that fewer than a quarter of a percent of SH active members can get one of these very, very limited patches.

And remember... big news to come after the last patch is bought. Find out what it is sooner by bidding....

Cheers,

Sirhr

Would four of you maniacs please by one. I'm old and I would like to know what the big news is BEFORE I die.

In for 99

R

Hey. Albert Popwell gots to know, baby.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/38mE6ba3qj8?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok... close enough.... Looks like we have all 100 spoken for.

So the 'news...' is about pricing and payment. And how I want to do this when I get the patches in hand in a couple of weeks.

I've decided that this has been a fun process that needs to benefit a good cause, not me. I was always planning on doing this 'at cost.' But I'd like to do it to benefit a great group... and I am donating 'my costs' as my donation to a worthy charity. So when it is time, instead of having anyone make checks out to me, I am donating all proceeds (including my manufacturing costs and the shipping costs) to the Marine Scout Sniper Association -- a charity that Lowlight promotes and supports. https://scoutsniper.org/ When it comes time to pay for these (and DON'T PAY YET), please make your checks out to the Marine Scout Sniper Association.

I don't know the final price per patch that will cover my out-of-pocket for making and shipping. But it will be somewhere around $11.

What I would ask people to do is reach into their pockets and hearts and send at least the cost/shipping (about $11) for their patch. Every cent of which will go to the MSSA. But for those who want to give a bit more... I will send that to the Association, too. And since you will be writing the check direct to the Association (I'll forward the checks as-received), you will get the tax deduction for your donation to this non-profit. I'll take all 100 checks and forward them to the Association along with a letter explaining that this is a donation from the members of Snipers Hide.

Again, if you want to just send me 'my cost' for the patch of around $11 (when I get the final number... I'll tell you.) It will all go to the association. If you send more... you will be sending more to the Scout Sniper Assn.

I think that, if folks send just a bit more than these cost, we can raise some real money for the Scout Sniper Association. Maybe I can turn my costs of patches and shipping of about $1,100 in to a couple of grand extra for the assn? Seems like a good deal to me. So when it comes time to send payment, keep that in mind. Dig deep for the Assn. In essence, you get to donate to a Scout/Sniper charity and get a free patch!

More to follow as soon as I get the patches from Combat Swag! I'll get you payment info then.

Cheers,

Sirhr

For heaven's sake, 10 pages to sell 99 patches. For the timid #100, I can attest that having TheGerman pick your sig isn't as bad as you may fear. If you ask the 'Yote about letting Sirhr pick your sig, his opinion may be a bit different :rolleyes:

ETA: sorry Sirhr, we were apparently posting at the same time. Great idea on the Association and glad they're sold

Last edited: