• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I take back everything good I've said . . .

glock24

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 14, 2006
    West Michigan
    . . .about TAD Gear.

That is after seeing this little number for sale on their website.

Is this what happens when you set up shop in California? This is a grown man's jacket! Who are these people!

no.jpg

Link

Re: I take back everything good I've said . . .

HA HAAAA!!! The "claw" gloves and the interchangeable "devil horns" are a nice touch!!
    grin.gif

Well...at least it doesn't have a little fuzzy tail!!

This is indeed a rarebreed only known to exist in central Kalifornia.
    There have only been a few sightings of this creature.
    They have been spotted close to water and for the most part only come out at night.
    If spotted, DO NOT APPROCH they may be armed and dangerous.

yeah they got some great gear wish mom would let me shop there...

Dude,

I would wear that ASAP, just to much coin for the ears.

John

TAD gear is SF based.

You should see all their animal toys......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abersfelderami</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better than in Michigan.
    schneefrssearsch.jpg
    </div></div>

I rather have snow coming out my ass than some dude, while thanking me for the wonderfull San Fran night.

July 09, 2009
    GM goes beefcake gay, then pulls ad
    Posted by: Andoni

Camaro

UPDATE AT END

GM developed an ad aimed at gay buyers with two hunky guys in briefs washing a Camaro (read the original story here) then without explanation while I was writing this post, pulled it from YouTube (read the subsequent story here). The ad was online, cute and entitled "Bumble Bee Boys in Briefs."

Apparently, as the ad became more and more popular on YouTube (I would think this is the very purpose of an advertisement -- to be seen by as many people as possible), GM pulled it.

My advice to GM: If you want to be our friend, you can't just be our friend in private, then disown us in public. Sorry it doesn't work that way. Our self esteem as a community has grown a lot since those days. If we are your friend only in private and not in front of everyone, we are not truly friends. Nice try GM, but get with the 21st Century. Meanwhile, I am not tempted to buy your products.

P.S. Sorry for the fuzzy photo, but that's the only remnant left on the internet of the original ad where the two guys were teasing and spraying each other as the washed the car.
    6a00d834527dd469e2011570f0b5c0970c-500wi.jpg

UPDATE: GM explained the pulling of the ad by saying that it had not been properly vetted before posting. If all the people who were supposed to vet it had done so, it would probably never have been posted in the first place.

Technorati Tags: Bumble Bee Boys in Briefs, Camaro, gay ad, GM, GM pulls ad
    Posted at 08:54 AM in Current Affairs | Permalink

I got a couple cool toys for my wife's chihuahuas when I was there in '09 for the NorCal TBRC:
    07e33a63.jpg

I do like some of the cartoonish art they had:
    b86eba34.jpg

I found the video, and here is a screen shot of the liscense plate.

gay.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abersfelderami</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    July 09, 2009
    GM goes beefcake gay, then pulls ad
    Posted by: Andoni

Camaro

UPDATE AT END

GM developed an ad aimed at gay buyers with two hunky guys in briefs washing a Camaro (read the original story here) then without explanation while I was writing this post, pulled it from YouTube (read the subsequent story here). The ad was online, cute and entitled "Bumble Bee Boys in Briefs."

Apparently, as the ad became more and more popular on YouTube (I would think this is the very purpose of an advertisement -- to be seen by as many people as possible), GM pulled it.

My advice to GM: If you want to be our friend, you can't just be our friend in private, then disown us in public. Sorry it doesn't work that way. Our self esteem as a community has grown a lot since those days. If we are your friend only in private and not in front of everyone, we are not truly friends. Nice try GM, but get with the 21st Century. Meanwhile, I am not tempted to buy your products.

P.S. Sorry for the fuzzy photo, but that's the only remnant left on the internet of the original ad where the two guys were teasing and spraying each other as the washed the car.
    6a00d834527dd469e2011570f0b5c0970c-500wi.jpg

UPDATE: GM explained the pulling of the ad by saying that it had not been properly vetted before posting. If all the people who were supposed to vet it had done so, it would probably never have been posted in the first place.

Technorati Tags: Bumble Bee Boys in Briefs, Camaro, gay ad, GM, GM pulls ad
    Posted at 08:54 AM in Current Affairs | Permalink</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abersfelderami</div><div class="ubbcode-body">P.S. Sorry for the fuzzy photo, but that's the only remnant left on the internet of the original ad where the two guys were teasing and spraying each other as the washed the car.</div></div> Don't apologize. Quite frankly I think the picture was still too clear, and could have done with a couple large black boxes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those chicks are from Idaho, I have proof.

</div></div>

laugh.gif

All that respect for a $200 hoodie..... Tempting to give as a Christmas office party gift....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> . . .about TAD Gear.

Is this what happens when you set up shop in California? This is a grown man's jacket! Who are these people!

no.jpg

Link </div></div>

I think Chiller would rock this outfit!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> . . .about TAD Gear.

no.jpg

Link </div></div>

Don't wear that on a bear hunt!!!

I am wary of people who take themselves too seriously.

If you can't laugh at yourself from time to time you have some internal issues. Wearing a hoodie like that just helps the world laugh with you.

if it didn't cost so much, you better believe i'd be wearing that!

It'd be funny for the guys that play cowboys and terrorists to wear kicking doors in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only if it was in Multicam! </div></div>

Exactly what I was thinking as well. Chiller = Mr. Multicam

If I was a single guy, I'd be rockin' that fo sho! Do you have any idea how times you could pull "bear hugs" with that thing. Fuck manly pride, that's a certified tang puller right there!

The Shag Master hoodie has been around for a few years now. I'd have one but it's just too warm a piece for a here. I have several of their Ranger hoodies which are the same design minus hears/horns and claws and in a slightly lighter weight, non shaggy fleece and they rock.

If they had it in a medium I'd consider snatching one up to wear to the tactical shoots. Imagine getting beat by a guy in a bear suit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mute</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What? You never hunted a Man-bear-pig before? I'm pretty sure I shot one last week on the 101 freeway. </div></div>

1/2 man, 1/2 bear, 1/2 pig

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: younggun22</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mute</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What? You never hunted a Man-bear-pig before? I'm pretty sure I shot one last week on the 101 freeway. </div></div>

1/2 man, 1/2 bear, 1/2 pig </div></div>

But then Al Gore will hunt you with his interweb and say he did it to get rid of global warming!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I was a single guy, I'd be rockin' that fo sho! Do you have any idea how times you could pull "bear hugs" with that thing. Fuck manly pride, that's a certified tang puller right there! </div></div>

You know I would have to agree with you on that.
    grin.gif

You know how you always dread Halloween because you hate dressing up but the wife makes you? Tell her your going as Max from Where The Wild Things Are and get this hoodie. Good excuse to get some good threads. Might want to grab a Burger King crown also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Socalsheepdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">You know how you always dread Halloween because you hate dressing up but the wife makes you?</span> Tell her your going as Max from Where The Wild Things Are and get this hoodie. Good excuse to get some good threads. Might want to grab a Burger King crown also. </div></div>Boy am I glad I didn't turn in my balls when I got married.