• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

i think boggie brown has taken a direct hit from the damn storm

Think I spotted him.

tenor.gif

Hiya Gents,

Thanks for thinking of me. Other than the aforementioned tree and a broken water main (just repaired) I came out very very lucky. The damn thing sat out there so long that it jogged east and spared us here in SW Alabama with the exception of Dauphin Island which is basically in a constant state of repair from a previous storm as the next one kicks their ass.

The folks over in the Fla panhandle and some areas across Mobile Bay got positively hammered. For a Cat 2 this damn thing will probably end up being one of the worst 5 storms of the past 100yrs for this part of the Coast.

Send a prayer to any of our brothers that took the brunt of this thing, it was no joke.

Much Respect,
Bogey

Hiya Gents,

Thanks for thinking of me. Other than the aforementioned tree and a broken water main (just repaired) I came out very very lucky. The damn thing sat out there so long that it jogged east and spared us here in SW Alabama with the exception of Dauphin Island which is basically in a constant state of repair from a previous storm as the next one kicks their ass.

The folks over in the Fla panhandle and some areas across Mobile Bay got positively hammered. For a Cat 2 this damn thing will probably end up being one of the worst 5 storms of the past 100yrs for this part of the Coast.

Send a prayer to any of our brothers that took the brunt of this thing, it was no joke.

Much Respect,
Bogey
I know a place that it hardly ever rains at, just say the word bro.

Hiya Gents,

Much Respect,
Bogey
We are over near Destin for a few days, just far enough east to have missed the worst of it. It’s blowing like hell out there now still but nothing too bad. I was able to lean almost 45deg into the wind this morning. I put the couch in front of the huge glass door facing the ocean at 4am because it was flexing pretty good from all the pressure.

Glad to hear.

A coworker down in Orange Beach was severely flooded. Sally‘s eye went over Gulf Shores/Orange Beach in Baldwin County AL.

Sally was a typical woman, couldn’t make her mind up on where to go. She just sat there and rained on us(Baldwin Co). Then after what seemed like never ending rain she finally came a shore. We got lucky and basically had no damage, just sitting here with no power. My in laws in town had 4-5 trees go down just because the ground was so wet. None of them snapped. Just started leaning till they went all the way to the ground.

The missus made it home (driving) from Boston yesterday. The complete and abject failure of the "News" and the online navigation systems to accurately convey that the Panhandle is essentially closed added 8-10hrs to her drive.

I was literally listening to traffic reports and news reports declaring that I-10 was open through Fla, while it is completely closed and there is apparently ONE route available to everyone traversing NW Fla. Not one GPS map or similar service showed that you can't get across the state. Fucking ludicrous

I know a place that it hardly ever rains at, just say the word bro.

I appreciate it, but I'm "swamp people" and lose my mind in places without proper rain. I took massive thunderstorms for granted until I moved away.

I enjoy living in the rainfall capitol of the country (by volume not rainy days)

I appreciate it, but I'm "swamp people" and lose my mind in places without proper rain. I took massive thunderstorms for granted until I moved away.

I enjoy living in the rainfall capitol of the country (by volume not rainy days)

Ummm I believe that would be:
According to NOAA-NCDC data, the wettest place in the United States is Mt. Waialeale on Kauai in Hawaii, which gets approximately 460 inches (11,684 millimeters) of rain each year, making it one of the rainiest spots on earth.

But Alabama is up there:

1600472484472.png

Imagine getting 7 times what you do in Bama. I wouldnt last long, about a week and Id be eating a pellet.

Reactions: TheHorta
I was referring to these studies on the lower 48. I wouldn't want to compete with mountaintops

The inaccuracy of rainfall collection data also baffles me. We'll have days with 8-10" of rainfall and flash floods and NOAA will show 1-2" of rainfall for that day. Our position on the Gulf creates some specific circumstance for torrential rain and beautiful thunderstorms. After 6 months in So Cal I was ready to eat that pellet praying for something other than 75* and sunny

Reactions: oneshot86
I was referring to these studies on the lower 48. I wouldn't want to compete with mountaintops

The inaccuracy of rainfall collection data also baffles me. We'll have days with 8-10" of rainfall and flash floods and NOAA will show 1-2" of rainfall for that day. Our position on the Gulf creates some specific circumstance for torrential rain and beautiful thunderstorms. After 6 months in So Cal I was ready to eat that pellet praying for something other than 75* and sunny

Oh man, San Diego, despite being in commiefornia, is my dream climate. I spent a couple weeks out there in Jan/Feb a few years ago and her in Virginia it ws like 37% and snowing, there it was 82 and SUNNY. :love: When its gray and wet I just want to curl up and sleep by the fire. I think Im just a delicate little rose that needs the sun to bloom and prosper.:rolleyes: