• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

I think I ordered the wrong bullets

RogueHk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2012
ILLINOIS
Well being a noob I just went out and bought some 338 bullets that are 300 grain based on a load that was given to me. 88 grains of H1000 and Berger Tactical OTM Bullets 338 Cal 300 Grain bullets. When I got the bullets they said 1-10 twist and I think I have a 1-9.5 Twist.. Will the 1-10 bullets still work or what?

Re: I think I ordered the wrong bullets

If a bullet is labeled for a certain twist it typically is the minimum rate of twist needed. A faster twist typically doesn't hurt anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RogueHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well being a noob I just went out and bought some 338 bullets that are 300 grain based on a load that was given to me. 88 grains of H1000 and Berger Tactical OTM Bullets 338 Cal 300 Grain bullets. When I got the bullets they said 1-10 twist and I think I have a 1-9.5 Twist.. Will the 1-10 bullets still work or what? </div></div>

Totally wrong. Don't attempt to shoot them rather send them to me for proper disposal.

They'll be just fine and are great bullets, I love them.

Yeah that is a minimum twist required faster could loose a little velocity but you are so close it will probably show no difference.

No problem at all with using them.

That label on box was minimum twist for proper shoot those bullet.

You 9.5 if faster than their minimum required. So, dont worry. It should be fine.