• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

I think i've got it all. Am i missing anything?!

Doughtdawg

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2012
Maine
Started with new REM 700 Sps varmint
Ordered:
B&C stock
Timney trigger
Badger bolt knob
Seekins 20 moa base
Seekins rings
Ss 12X42 mil/mil scope.
Sling
Already have Harris bipod

When everything arrives I'm having a Smith bed the action and install scope and trigger. Am I missing anything? How does it sound? Any predictions on Moa?

Thanks.
Alan

Re: I think i've got it all. Am i missing anything?!

Triad stock pack/cheek pad. Butler creek caps,or a scopecoat.

As for MOA, to many variables, run some white box ammo( federal or winny) to foul your barrel then check accuracy with some 168 FGMM or Nolser custom.

with factory match ammo, sub MOA. With handloads, sub 3/4 MOA are conservative numbers

I've got butler creek caps coming and an extra scope coat from my leupold on my hunting rifle. Any special break in tips or tricks or just whatever a quick search will turn up?

You should really mount your own scope. You are going to have to learn to do this at some point.

I've mounted scopes on all my hunting rifles. I just want him to make sure everything is level and inline. Infact, I'm sure I could do all the work to it as I'm fairly handy. Built my house, have rebuilt engines and trannys and such. Id just rather have it 100% than 95%.

My break-in procedure for my Rem 700 AAC-SD: Take gun + 100rds to range and shoot, repeat :)

well, for starters, you'll need a bubble level, laser, red dot (for those shots inside a hundo), a spotting scope, a range finder, and...

you know I'm kidding.

Of course you're missing something. I have no idea what, but there's always <span style="font-style: italic">something</span>.

Stop preparing, Do. Revise as required.

Me...; I'd add a simple, basic, inexpensive .22LR trainer, and several bricks of CCI Standard Velocity Target .22LR.

Greg