• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater I think sons of guns days are over "American Guns"

Re: I think sons of guns days are over "American Guns"

Can't be worse, that's for sure. I think Sons of Guns has done more damage to our cause than good.

I think sons of guns tried to be orange county choppers.

The problem is so many discovery channel shows have copied that, and the general audience doesnt give two shits about dumbass family feuds.

What the hell happened to the good ole days of Mythbusters, Survivorman, and Dirty Jobs.

When I watched those, I felt like I got a little smarter, or learned something new or interesting.

Now, I barely watch any machining being done, alot of shitty camera work, a bunch of fucking idiots around guns, (sans the really old grey haired guy, and the one machinist kid who honestly knows his shit), and unintelligent banter coupled with stupid ideas.

Its one of those lowest common denominator "here, hold my beer and watch this" kinda shows.

Also... As long as American Guns doesnt try to become "Pawn-Stars" it'll be interesting.

If it does, I may have to choke a bitch. (discovery channel show producer)

I think the exposure is good. I haven't seen Sons of Guns because I heard it sucked but I'm also glad these networks are supporting our often controversial cause and bringing it to the mainstream. While the sons of guns crew may not be the best representation, History and Discovery are at least standing behind us and trying to change the image that a lot of people have of firearms and the sport/hobby/job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the exposure is good. I haven't seen Sons of Guns because I heard it sucked but I'm also glad these networks are supporting our often controversial cause and bringing it to the mainstream. While the sons of guns crew may not be the best representation, History and Discovery are at least standing behind us and trying to change the image that a lot of people have of firearms and the sport/hobby/job. </div></div>

You might wanna watch the show before you make that statement. The Sons of Guns show actually casts a negative light on us gun owners grouping us with a bunch of careless assholes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the exposure is good. I haven't seen Sons of Guns because I heard it sucked but I'm also glad these networks are supporting our often controversial cause and bringing it to the mainstream. While the sons of guns crew may not be the best representation, History and Discovery are at least standing behind us and trying to change the image that a lot of people have of firearms and the sport/hobby/job. </div></div>

You might wanna watch the show before you make that statement. The Sons of Guns show actually casts a negative light on us gun owners grouping us with a bunch of careless assholes.</div></div>

+1, That show made me sick at my stomach the one time I watched it. I think they where making a sholder fired .50 BMG if memory serves me right. It's no wonder that the public thinks that the Mexican cartel can just walk across the border and buy a "fully auto .50 caliber rifle from a local gun dealer."

I have SERIOUSLY mixed feelings about this show.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxWnMcd2K-0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxWnMcd2K-0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

^ Looks just as retarded IMO. Guess time will tell...

it just seems like they try too hard to make it interesting. They have an interesting topic but they are just making stupid stuff that has very little practical value in the current market. I have not seen anything on there that they have made that made me want it. The 1000 yard AK would be interesting if they used the 7.62x54 round vice the normal 7.62x39 round or any another round that has the BC to get to that range. The AK round has no stopping power at that range and the MOA/MIL's needed to get it to that range is crazy. And to insinuate that the military is going to be interested - BS!!!

I have seen on here that a Jered Joplin series would be interesting and I have to agree. Someone who can showcase the precision that is needed to build fine firearms. Not crap put together on the whims of the owner.

The 1000 yard AK was chambered in .308...a fact they conveniently left out during "the build"

Ah that new show looks like shit but it's still going to be better than SoG

I'm a big fan of Will and his crew at Red Jacket. I think the issues some have with the show lie with the producers.

Any show loaded full of firearms is a show for me. I look forward to a new addition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jayhawker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 1000 yard AK was chambered in .308...a fact they conveniently left out during "the build" </div></div>

how did you find out that little bit of information, i called for a buddy of mine he wanted a few of the and they would not do it, wouldn't mod any of his guns if he drove out to their and bought the guns at the shop, was told no in email they a gun manufacture not a custom shop, and on the phone as well. dont do crap on tv your not wanting to do in real life. I know a lot of people that have see what they can do then call in and try to get them to do it and they wont. its only for tv and honestly i think they dont even do it. especially when you see it on tv and when you call they say we cant do that.

There are photos of that .308 AK all over the Discovery website for the show. Along with boxes of Black Hills ammo sitting next to it. As far as them not building one for customers, that was the theme of one of these shows. Will chewed somebody for announcing something on one of their boards that wasn't a standard production item yet.

I'm not sure if it's Discovery that screws up the shows/shops and only wants the drama. Some times you have to wonder why they choose the shop they do. It used to be Orange County who? And yet friends of mine who regularly attend Bike Week in Daytona said it didn't take long for them to not be so "humble".

While they make blanket statements at the opening of the show and have somewhat explained the Class 3 stuff, I'm not sure it's been good enough. Many times there's just a statement like, we'll start the paperwork. I don't hold anything personally against the shop, but it seems they dumb a lot down and drama the rest up.

I know that Hogan family reality show was filmed in my area. They used to eat in one particular restaurant fairly often. The owners of the restaurant said they used to re-shoot them just walking in to eat. So much for reality.

Oh the 1000 yard "ak". Using the counter sniper scope that they loved so much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think sons of guns tried to be orange county choppers.

The problem is so many discovery channel shows have copied that, and the general audience doesnt give two shits about dumbass family feuds.

What the hell happened to the good ole days of Mythbusters, Survivorman, and Dirty Jobs.

When I watched those, I felt like I got a little smarter, or learned something new or interesting.

Now, I barely watch any machining being done, alot of shitty camera work, a bunch of fucking idiots around guns, (sans the really old grey haired guy, and the one machinist kid who honestly knows his shit), and unintelligent banter coupled with stupid ideas.

Its one of those lowest common denominator "here, hold my beer and watch this" kinda shows.

Also... As long as American Guns doesnt try to become "Pawn-Stars" it'll be interesting.

If it does, I may have to choke a bitch. (discovery channel show producer) </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 17pt">+1</span>

Well just from seeing the trailer the chicks on the new show dont have snaggly teeth and big asses so its got one up on SOG.

This place is around the corner from me, they used to be closer but they moved a few blocks out.

They would always have some crazy signs up outside.

Lets just say there are a lot of local smiths that make a good living fixing the guns they work on .

A buddy probably said it best after you shake hands with Richie count your fingers .

A recruiting/casting guy called me a while back asking if "we" wanted to be involved in some way. I did some research and then asked the guy if <span style="font-style: italic">they</span> had done any research. Defensiveness ensued.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This place is around the corner from me, they used to be closer but they moved a few blocks out.

They would always have some crazy signs up outside. </div></div>

It's the Gun Smoke in Denver?!?

At least the owner is always on the radio 600/630 promoting our cause. Gotta give him some brownie points for that. The show looks dumb but at least the cast are real gun people (assuming their Gun Smoke people) which is leaps and bounds better than SoG.

I still don't have high hopes for the show, call me a cynic.

I'll take Rich over Will any day of the week. Is that Rebecca in the promo?

Nope ,he divorced her 6 - 8 years ago and spent 6 months in county jail for contempt of court in the process for not doing what the judge said .

Interesting! Will be curious to see how the show works out.

I thoroughly believe Discovery has an anti gun agenda and is very smart about presenting it to the public with these shows. I don't know a single gunsmith/dealer the behaves like moo-moo shirt guy and ol snaggle tooth and If I did, I bet they would not be in business very long. If Red Jackass acted like this before the show they must have been really good at hiding it, I wouldn't do business with them.

The new show looks like pawn stars which is equally annoying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thoroughly believe Discovery has an anti gun agenda and is very smart about presenting it to the public with these shows.

The new show looks like pawn stars which is equally annoying.
</div></div>

I would agree with you but Discovery is also the History Channel and I think History is more pro gun than any other channel, save maybe Versus. So I don't think Discovery is anti-gun or maybe they are but I would say that SoG producers are anti-gun and maybe the Discover channel is just so desperate for content that they'll buy anything at this point 'cus let's face it, their content has 'Tanked'.

I can't argue that History isn't pro gun. All of their shows (top shot, mail call, lock 'n load, etc...) are well done and put gun owners in a positive light. Why the stark difference with Discovery?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't argue that History isn't pro gun. All of their shows (top shot, mail call, lock 'n load, etc...) are well done and put gun owners in a positive light. Why the stark difference with Discovery? </div></div>

All I can figure is that Discovery is having an identity crisis being that Deadliest Catch is really the only show that isn't either retarded or staged or both.

Mythbusters was fun but man it sucks bad now and is tired, the science is BAD and they really push the global warming agenda every chance they get.

I setup the DVR to record this for me. Watched one episode then deleted it and deleted the season pass so that it would not record the rest of the episodes.

Don't like it or sons of guns.

This past saturday night they had all 3 shows on back to back and I finally got a chance to sit down and watch it. What a freaking waste of time.

They kept showing previews for the next one and the daughter got on my nerves so freaking bad! "I carry a Colt Defendeeeeeeeeeer".

I want waste anymore of my time watching it, thats for damn sure!