• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I took my daughter shooting on private land Monday, asshole opens fire on us

Status
Not open for further replies.

pprochnow

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2012
Nebraska
Out shooting with my 8yo daughter and about an hour into it, this methed out fuck starts raining .22lr throught the trees towards us. The guy is very familiar where our shooting lane is and where the backstop is, but cannot see it through the corn and trees. His property is in zero danger, but he feels the need to shoot Blindly in our direction. We throw our shit down and drive out 1/2 mi to the county road. When confronted The guy told my father in law to get the F off his property or he would call the cops. We called the sherrif, and after a few hours of bs they told us we couldn't press charges. I sure wish there was a way to keep this ass clown from owning guns... Come to find out this is the third firearm involved bs this guy has been involved with the landowner/neighbors. The sherrif urged the landowner to become better neighbors with the guy to avoid this in the future. Better neighbors? Trying to figure out where to go from here.

I'd be contacting my lawyer for damn sure, guy like that shouldn't own firearms.

I had a similar incident when I was hunting a few years back, couple of road hunters jumped two does and emptied magazines my deer stand was right behind the deer. I was standing in full orange in the Window.

Ummm...thats an attempted murder charge. Call the DA.

The sheriff sounds like an idiot. Get lawyers involved. At the very least it's aggravated assault like Rookie said. You cannot intentionally shoot towards people because you're angry and there be no legal repercussions.

Good luck. I would not let something like that go.

An Attorney will be involved for sure. The a hole's life would have changed permanently if the whole thing transpired out in the open. The neighbors claims they saw him poaching previously, so we urged them to call the game warden next time b/c they seem to have a way around search warrants- Hopefully finding his meth lab. I will go back and continue shooting there when the corn is out and I can see that piece of shit coming...

Just out of curiosity, are you sure he is a Meth user? And has a Meth Lab? If so, the DEA, or even the state Drug Task Force may need a call. Going back-and getting into a gun fight with the guy, now that the police are on record, may not be the smartest thing to do...just saying, however; if your lawyer tells you "by all means go back-do a little shooting in order to get his attention, if he fires in your direction be prepared to kill him", then follow his advice.

If there are enough "anonymous" reports of foul smelling chemical smells and large amounts of traffic at all hours of the night, then they will investigate. If there happened to be some sort of an emergency, maybe a fire or smoke that happened to be on his place. Then someone would have to go and check things out. If for some reason you thought that he may have been watching your young daughter and you were concerned that he may be some sort of pervert, then someone might just go check things out. Let's face it, once things are said about you, you have to make them believe your side. If in fact this dude is a Tweeker and has a Lab at his home/property then if there's enough eyes on him he will slip up. There's more than one way to skin a cat. In Louisiana there are ways that we would take care of situations like someone opening fire on me and my children. Accidents happen all of the time.

Edit: I'm not saying that you should file false reports are anything illegal. I'm simply saying be a concerned citizen. Sooner or later this dude will get the message, or the cops will catch him slipping. Either way your end result is the same.

Last edited:
That should be enough to obtain an injunction against harsment, order of protection, protection order or whatever they call call it in Nebraska. If you go that route, the neighbor may lose his right to possess firearms (at least temporarily). I do agree with the Sherrif that it's never good to be involved in a heated dispute with your neighbor. There was a case in Arizona recently where a man was shot and killed over a dispute with his neighbor regarding parking along the street.

The meth lab comment came from his neighbors, upon meeting the gentlemen he looks and acts the part constantly itching and "I plan on going back to shoot in the normal manner once I can see his place clearly, I don't want him to get the idea that he can try to intimidate us into not coming back. My intent is not to end up shooting back, but get video evidence.

Just briefly looking at a few of Nebraska' fine laws, you could nail him for making terroristic threats.

(28-311.01. Terroristic threats; penalty.
(1) A person commits terroristic threats if he or she threatens to commit any crime of violence:

(a) With the intent to terrorize another;

(b) With the intent of causing the evacuation of a building, place of assembly, or facility of public transportation; or

(c) In reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or evacuation.

(2) Terroristic threats is a Class IV felony.

4. Miscellaneous

The pointing of a gun can be a "threat to commit a crime of violence" pursuant to this section; however, the pointing of a gun in self‑defense is necessarily less serious than when no issue of self‑defense is involved. State v. Oldenburg, 10 Neb. App. 104, 628 N.W.2d 278 (2001).
)

Seems to me that sheriff deputy is extremely lazy, and should have a complaint brought up against him as well.

Last edited:
Be TWICE cautious : ask yourself (but not only ) first if could be some kind of agreement between the supposed local meth producer and the supposed lazy sheriff, in more different ways (a.ka.a. agreem. between a snitch & the Law, or other form of common udc.interests/exchanges))_
not to disrespect anyone, but as plain remote eventuality,with all related interesting issues_

...."It is only very very stupid people who think the law is stupid"
_

sniff VERY well around, before_

Last edited:
I think Wile' has got the right handle here. Go to the State Patrol. They don't put up with that kind of shit from the 'Sheriff' or county attorney.

Here in California I'm pretty sure if you get a TRO against someone they lose the right to posses a gun. Just saying.

And I say this with the assumption that you were legally shooting on private land you had a right to be on and the guy shooting your way was on a neighbouring lot.

It'll all go back to intent.

Did he know/can you prove he knew where you were and that the continuation of his rounds would be in your immediate direction?
Is it legal for him to shoot where he is shooting from, and in the direction/area he is shooting into?

The only current angle I see is that he is shooting onto private land (not his), regardless if you are there or not as that will go back to intent which is very hard to prove. I would have the landowner look into this with their lawyer and see what can be done - the important thing is to get it on record and have the kid be warned by either the police or your lawyer so that if/when it happens again something can be done.

There is something missing here. It involves 3 S's. Shoot. Shovel. Shut up.
Problem solved.

This. Or call State Patrol, fuck the local PD if they don't respond. Someone shoots at my child, they go down.

_...The guy... cannot see ... through the corn and trees._ .... When confronted The guy told my father in law to get the F off his property or he would call the cops..._

BEWARE:HIS lawyer,(or the local LEO, if hassled from you about HIS duty), could be able to turn against you your statement above_

[/QUOTE]TheGerman ...It'll all go back to intent. Did he know/can you prove he knew where you were and that the continuation of his rounds would be in your immediate direction? Is it legal for him to shoot where he is shooting from, and in the direction/area he is shooting into?...
The words of TheGerman here are quite appropriate (meth&children involved or less)_

Last edited:
I'm in Lancaster county. The state patrol did show up also, but didnt give a rats ass about the ordeal. He left within seconds after finding that nobody was injured. It would be hard to prove anything, which is the issue.
I appreciate all the advise, my first reaction was red in nature but I think legal will be the only way for me to go.
I talked to the landowner and he is getting his attorney involved, and he is intent on making this guys life miserable.

Wow wow. So it's not his land? So he's trespassing? I would get yours and the land owners attorney involved push the state law enforcement.

Sounds like a very dangerous situation. The old adage that comes to mind is "Its not what you know, its what you can prove!" Can you prove he was shooting at you? Can you prove he knew he was shooting at you? Those are the aspects that will make or break a case against him. Sounds like he heard the gunfire, and lobbed rounds your way. Can you prove they were landing in your vicinity? If so, you should pursue charges. If not, its time to regroup. I would most certainly not initiate any contact with alleged perpetrator, out side of law enforcement. If you do shoot there again, I would shoot from the cover of a vehicle. If he lobbs rounds and they hit your vehicle he will go to jail. That is definitive proof. That said, I would not shoot in the area.

Finally,

I have seen the whole "Three S's" thing posted on this forum in several threads. The post in this thread warrants increased scrutiny. The open advocation of it in this thread is the open advocation of murder, along with the several other felonies. Any user on this forum who openly advocates this should be banned from contributing to the forum, and their posts deleted. I have reported the above post to the moderators, and will continue to do so with any such post. Not only is it and ignorant thing to say, it is a poor reflection on this site, its intended purpose, and the gun owners that contribute. Even when posted in jest it is foolish at best.

Chip

Last edited:
Please tell me you're not advocating murder on an open public forum monitered by state and federal law enforcement are you? I didn't think so, I'm sure it was a misprint.

If I were truly doing that, I would have taken my own advise. The 3rd S is shut up.

My apologies to anyone that had their mangina hurt but something that was said on the internet. I keep forgetting that the internet is serious biznis.

If I were truly doing that, I would have taken my own advise. The 3rd S is shut up.

My apologies to anyone that had their mangina hurt but something that was said on the internet. I keep forgetting that the internet is serious biznis.

I'm not trying to bang on you here, but it has nothing to do with a "Mangina" being hurt. It has everything to do with portraying a positive image of firearms owners. The internet might not be serious business, but guns are. The fact that this website, as well as others, are actively "Patrolled" by the DEA and ATF, along with a host of Anti-Gun, should dictate a level of seriousness. We as gun owners need to put our best face forward. The last thing we need are flippant comments, even though that's it was, that cast us as a poor light. Again, I'm not trying to be a dick, but if you don't understand what I posted above and why, then you need to open your eyes. There are people who are actively trying to repeal our rights, and the last thing we need to do is give them ammunition.

Additionally, if Lowlight or any other Moderator thinks that I have overstepped my bounds I will gladly bow out. If they disagree with my statements I will request that my account be deleted.

Respectfully,

Chip

Last edited:
The three s thing is a bit ironic regarding the events in this thread. And as a whole week negative to gun owners, as well as a few other threads, especially considering what we as gun owners have been put through over the last few years and will continue to go through.

Actually, it's not about the mangina being hurt, it's about liability. This site is monitored by law enforcement and other federal agencies and if you think they don't read and call on "jokes", then you're sadly mistaken. We've got more than one inquiry about members saying stupid shit.

Post edited. Some people need to get over themselves. Wouldn't want anyone to be offended.

You obviously don't understand hat words have meanings and they can be taken many different ways by different people. LEOs might not think it was funny and that would be a problem for you. Not about manginas or offending someone but common sense on what you post on an open internet forum.

On the contrary. I do understand that words have meanings. And that they can be taken to mean many different things. If it is really THAT big of a concern, feel free to edit out all quotes. Edit out any post I made in this thread. I don't really care about it any more.

On the contrary. I do understand that words have meanings. And that they can be taken to mean many different things. If it is really THAT big of a concern, feel free to edit out all quotes. Edit out any post I made in this thread. I don't really care about it any more.

Well we do care because it is WE who get scrutinized and WE who get the call and inquiry. So you may not give a shit but WE (the admins) don't care for those phone calls. So stand fast and drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.