• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I Touch Mounted on my rifle

kilo7788

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
Monroe, Michigan
I made a mount for my I Touch for the ballistics programs. since I was tired of wating on Kinghs Armament. Here it is. Let me know what you think.
trying to figure out pics

Re: I Touch Mounted on my rifle

26320390166_large.jpg
26320390167_large.jpg
26320390168_large.jpg

Not sure that recoil testing was in Apple's QC program though.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyRod</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure that recoil testing was in Apple's QC program though.
wink.gif
</div></div>

I havd read and talked to KAC on this. They said that it can withstand anything they put into it. But.... They were using AR systems. I dont know if they ever did a bolt action. If you figure that they are desinged to be dropped more than a few times and still work. I put alot of padding in there. We will have to see. It is still under warrenty so I can just send it back and saty I dropped it.

Bit of a difference between a drop once in awhile and a hundred hits in a row.

But if you are prepared to replace it, gas on. I will just leave mine on the ground next to my position. I can still look down at it without breaking position.

Now if I can find a decent stylus so I don't have to keep taking off my gloves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bit of a difference between a drop once in awhile and a hundred hits in a row.

But if you are prepared to replace it, gas on. I will just leave mine on the ground next to my position. I can still look down at it without breaking position.

Now if I can find a decent stylus so I don't have to keep taking off my gloves. </div></div>

Did it for 2 main reasons.
1. I dont like to break position only to manipulate the bolt. Thinking of getting a lefty bolt action so my firing hand never leaves its position.
2. The get angle feature. I do alot of my long range shooting off of a clif.

I don't shoot that much. I put alot of padding in the mount to absorb the recoil. And it is on a quick release so I can take it on and off alot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have room for a few more things, once I get my angle mounts. Thats awsome.

tacticoolAR15.jpg
</div></div>

That's the tacticoolest picture I've seen yet. ROFLMAO

I have beat the shit out of my iphone and it keeps going, the worst was i was out shooting in the desert using my jeep as support to practice positional shooting, so the iphone was on the front bumper. Well I pack up and get goin and as I'm driving off road back to the freeway I hit one of the many bumps and I see this black object fly up from the front of my car smack the wheel well and fall down a 5'-7' embankment. I think wtf was that for a second until I realized it was my phone. I get out climb down the embankment thinking shit I wonder if the insurance will cover this shit, but other than a few scuff marks which rubbed of it was fine. That is just one of the stories of the shit kickin my phone has taken, I have many so I think they are pretty tuff. As LW repeated recoil impulses may be different.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did it for 2 main reasons.
1. I dont like to break position only to manipulate the bolt. Thinking of getting a lefty bolt action so my firing hand never leaves its position.

I don't shoot that much. I put alot of padding in the mount to absorb the recoil. And it is on a quick release so I can take it on and off alot. </div></div>

I understand. But with time you will learn what matters and what doesn't.

Breaking position means changing your body in relation to the gun. Reaching down with my firing hand to tap the iPhone isn't a big deal to me. Nor is cycling the bolt with my firing hand so my support hand can keep the rifle aligned on target.

Done some shooting off of mesa's myself in the past, but that was before iPods were invented.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did it for 2 main reasons.

I don't shoot that much. I put alot of padding in the mount to absorb the recoil. And it is on a quick release so I can take it on and off alot. </div></div>

Breaking position means changing your body in relation to the gun. Reaching down with my firing hand to tap the iPhone isn't a big deal to me. Nor is cycling the bolt with my firing hand so my support hand can keep the rifle aligned on target.

Done some shooting off of mesa's myself in the past, but that was before iPods were invented. </div></div>
I know what matters and what doesn't. It is just my rythm and comfort I guess.
On the other side I was able to get 10 shots off on 10 diffrent targets in 22 seconds. It was on a 25m range with the simulated distance targets with my scope at min magnification.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyRod</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure that recoil testing was in Apple's QC program though.
wink.gif
</div></div>

I havd read and talked to KAC on this. They said that it can withstand anything they put into it. But.... They were using AR systems. I dont know if they ever did a bolt action. If you figure that they are desinged to be dropped more than a few times and still work. I put alot of padding in there. We will have to see. It is still under warrenty so I can just send it back and saty I dropped it.</div></div>

Do NOT tell Apple you dropped it. Their warranty is about 600 pages long, which means that it sucks balls. They don't cover damage, so just tell them that it stopped working one day if it does break.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have room for a few more things, once I get my angle mounts. Thats awsome.

tacticoolAR15.jpg
</div></div>

Thats BITCHIN!! LMAO.

Amazing IT solution. If you wrestled, let me recommend a UTOOB video called "Lunatic Fringe" by Red Rider. Put it on your iphone. Between the 300 and 400 yard lines, as you are using the software codes to break down the calculations to hit your target, the math is a whiz while your motivation soars...remembering the strong single leg take downs, short sit outs and the Peterson...

<span style="font-style: italic"> </span> <span style="font-size: 8pt">Lunatic Fringe
I know you're out there
You're in hiding
And you hold your meetings
We can hear you coming
We know what you're after
We're wise to you this time
We won't let you kill the laughter </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bit of a difference between a drop once in awhile and a hundred hits in a row.

Now if I can find a decent stylus so I don't have to keep taking off my gloves. </div></div>

Did it for 2 main reasons.

"I do ALOT of my long range shooting off of a clif."
"I don't shoot that much."

what?

I dropped my iPod once, and it stopped working. I sent it to Apple, they said I abused it, and the warranty did not cover it. I sent it to an aftermarket repair facility, and they said only Apple could fix the 2nd generation (cost $40 for that opinion). I sent it back to Apple, and they quoted $125 for repair. I agreed, and 6 weeks later they called and said it would actually be $350! Send it back without repair.

I finally went into an Apple store, and the gracious person behind the counter took pity on me and replaced it gratis. Faith in Apple restored. However, now my iPod Touch 64gb rides in a rubber sleeve. Gingerly and protected.

took a broken pac 4 mount, 2 1/4 inch bolts and a piece of metal that I bent. I then modified a Ipod Gen 3 case and padded it. I then rivited the case to the metal.

tacticoolAR15.jpg
</div></div>
Now thats what i call making good use of available space. Isn't the reason they created the quad rail?
smile.gif
LMAO!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyRod</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure that recoil testing was in Apple's QC program though.
wink.gif
</div></div>

I havd read and talked to KAC on this. They said that it can withstand anything they put into it. But.... They were using AR systems. I dont know if they ever did a bolt action. If you figure that they are desinged to be dropped more than a few times and still work. I put alot of padding in there. We will have to see. It is still under warrenty so I can just send it back and saty I dropped it. </div></div>They tested it on a bolt .300 win mag and it with stood it just fine

Maybe Im just being a little simplistic here and please forgive what some may think is a stupid fucking question..

WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT TO MOUNT A FUCKING ITOUCH ON YOUR RIFLE ?

Im mounting a fleshlight on mine. Itll be just as useful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shaggy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Im mounting a fleshlight on mine. Itll be just as useful.</div></div>

Bahaha Fleshlight

This latest fad drives me nuts. Maybe it's just me, but I can't think of a bigger target indicator in a tactical situation than an itouch lighting your face up like a Christmas tree. Not to mention carrying and maneuvering the damn thing in the field or in a hide without worrying about busting it off. If it's just backyard shooting then I it's fine, it looks cool and I guess that's what matters most. But for tactical applications I would think of it as a distraction and huge target indicator. Just my 2 cents

Mount a couple of big speakers either side of the barrel and download coyote calls your all set!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2e6540g.jpg

Just sayin.... </div></div>

Wow, a business is making something because they know some gump will pay for it....unbelievable.

Just like all the night vision mounts you see setup on rifles when 99.9% of the people that have them don't and won't have NV gear. Hey it looks cool,right.

I know for a fact that people were laughing at that setup at the show.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
26320390166_large.jpg
26320390167_large.jpg
26320390168_large.jpg
</div></div>

Cool! I'm going to do this to my rifle.

Right after I finish gluing these tits on my bull.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did it for 2 main reasons.

Done some shooting off of mesa's myself in the past, but that was before iPods were invented. </div></div>
I know what matters and what doesn't. It is just my rythm and comfort I guess.
On the other side I was able to get 10 shots off on 10 diffrent targets in 22 seconds. It was on a 25m range with the simulated distance targets with my scope at min magnification. </div></div>

How the hell do you adjust the elevation on that scope and not break your "rhythm"? Aren't those covered turrets?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2e6540g.jpg

I can understand why they would want this on a spotting scope but your rifle?

I'ld have a harder time reaching it there than on the ground. How do you carry it? Have to remove it everytime.... Guess I'ld have to try it first.

Is there an angle cosine indicator on it?
shocked.gif

tacticoolAR15.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2e6540g.jpg

Wow, a business is making something because they know some gump will pay for it....unbelievable.

Just like all the night vision mounts you see setup on rifles when 99.9% of the people that have them don't and won't have NV gear. Hey it looks cool,right.

I know for a fact that people were laughing at that setup at the show. </div></div>

Not to mention Badger knicked the idea from KAC.

What happened to going lite?

Bullet Flight is such a useful and powerful tool, but I guess after running carbines for such a long time ladened with crap I prefer the simplicity (and weight) of a bolt gun with just a scope mounted on it. I just don't see the big deal with having the iPod dummy corded to your self and pulled out when you need it. Similarly I am not going to be mounting a Kestrel to my weapon either.
laugh.gif

I tried it out yesterday. It worked great. No shock peoblems at all.

First off. People who buy a carbine and put anything more than a vert grip and a flashlight on it for home defense at the most are stupid. My only carbine is my wifes and it has a flashlight on it and it sits under my bed. My duty gun has a grippod and a Acog and thats it. I have a desk full of equipment that is suposed to be on my gun that is not. I am all about simplicity as well. And this was a simple idea to have it in my vision and be able to use the angle features. I am not going to be tacticaly sneaking up on a peice of target paper. I doubt paper is going to see my face lighting up at night. Especially since I dont shoot at night?!?!? This is just to make target shooting a little easier. As I said earlier I don't shoot at a range with a nice cement pad or table. I shoot off the side of a clif at a aircraft bombing range after I teach students how to shoot machinge guns. So you can obviously see that I would not want to set a Itouch down.

I think some of you are confusing tactical with just trying to make something easier. If I wanted to be tactical I would make a range card and put it in my pocket before I went to shoot. Which I think everyone should know how to do before they get this stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried it out yesterday. It worked great. No shock peoblems at all.

First off. People who buy a carbine and put anything more than a vert grip and a flashlight on it for home defense at the most are stupid. My only carbine is my wifes and it has a flashlight on it and it sits under my bed. My duty gun has a grippod and a Acog and thats it. I have a desk full of equipment that is suposed to be on my gun that is not. I am all about simplicity as well. And this was a simple idea to have it in my vision and be able to use the angle features. I am not going to be tacticaly sneaking up on a peice of target paper. I doubt paper is going to see my face lighting up at night. Especially since I dont shoot at night?!?!? This is just to make target shooting a little easier. As I said earlier I don't shoot at a range with a nice cement pad or table. I shoot off the side of a clif at a aircraft bombing range after I teach students how to shoot machinge guns. So you can obviously see that I would not want to set a Itouch down.

I think some of you are confusing tactical with just trying to make something easier. If I wanted to be tactical I would make a range card and put it in my pocket before I went to shoot. Which I think everyone should know how to do before they get this stuff.

</div></div>
If it works for what you need than who the hell cares what others say. I would have no use for it but I agree on keeping it simple. Looks like a nice setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

How the hell do you adjust the elevation on that scope and not break your "rhythm"? Aren't those covered turrets?

</div></div>

He said he shoots on a 25m range. I don't think adjusting the scope is much of an issue.

What I want to know is, what the hell is your left hand doing when you shoot if you can move it all over the place between shots but moving your firing hand causes you to "break position?"

Nothing to do with the Itouch other than I want one. Best line I've seen here in a while

"remembering the strong single leg take downs, short sit outs and the Peterson..."

Brings back the old high school wrestling days. Probably been 13 years since I've even heard anyone mention the good ol peterson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2e6540g.jpg

I know for a fact that people were laughing at that setup at the show. </div></div>

To add to it the first day it had a "tactical" beverage holder...