• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I.V.I or PMJ .308 brass any good????????

Bullseyelr

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 28, 2009
VA
I.V.I or PMJ headstamp .308 brass any good???????? Anyone know? Thanks for looking.

Re: I.V.I or PMJ .308 brass any good????????

IVI no exp with!

PMJ I had and they split at the necks after 5 loads even with annealing! I also did not care for the performance I got out of them. Same load with Winchester brass would do 1moa better.

If I was buying brass I would go for something other than the PMJ. Lake City! or Commercial brass is the route I would go.

I am very partial to Hornady Match 308 brass! It ranks even with Lapua in my opinion!

Terry

I have good luck with ivi brass. Good Canadian brass.

IVI has very small flash holes in it's 223 brass from my experience. It stuck or bent a pile of decapping pins on me. I finally sorted all the IVI out that I had in the big bin of mixed brass and gave it to someone willing to prep it more than I was.

I appreciate all of the info. I have a s**t load of IVI and PMJ brass that I have collected over the years and I have been scared to use it since I have heard bad things about them. I use Federal, Lake City, or Winchester (Winchester most of the time) and I get great results with all 3 of these. I guess I will try sell this brass if someone wants it. I am sure there is someone out there who likes it and might want it. Thanks for the info. If anyone else has any more info, let me know....thanks.