• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters I want to combine my lrf and binoculars for PRS

Punkur67

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 11, 2019
    I am currently running Sig kilo 3000 binoculars for ranging and a pair of Meopta Meostar 15x binos for spotting for the better glass. I would love to combine them but it seems like the LRF binos in 15x don't have great glass. Are there any options with high quality glass and 12x or 15x magnification?

I wouldn't sacrifice the binos you want to run for the LRF. Its rare that you actually need it. I have it built in to my binos and hardly ever use it. Even when I do I find the ranges are good. Or on a rare occasion another squad coming through has found an error and subsequent squads are notified of it ahead of time.

I've been shooting PRS since 2014, and I can count on one hand how many range errors weren't discovered until game day.

Just my two bits..

Reactions: chiroz
    I wouldn't sacrifice the binos you want to run for the LRF. Its rare that you actually need it. I have it built in to my binos and hardly ever use it. Even when I do I find the ranges are good. Or on a rare occasion another squad coming through has found an error and subsequent squads are notified of it ahead of time.

I've been shooting PRS since 2014, and I can count on one hand how many range errors weren't discovered until game day.

Just my two bits..
    I use the lrf for nrl hunter also. Probably the bigger reason I want to combine them

I use the lrf for nrl hunter also. Probably the bigger reason I want to combine them

I would just use your Meoptas 15's for spotting at matches and leave the LRF at home. Then run a 10x LRF bino solo for NRL hunter. I don't think you're going to find one piece of glass that's going to be great for both.

If you're talking NRL Hunter now instead of PRS, the 15x are a bad idea.

Run 10x binos, or 12x absolute tops. You give up way too much field of view beyond that. I don't even run 15x in PRS. I run Steiner 10x M1050r LRFs with a mil reticle. It's plenty of magnification.

I think you're kinda barking up the wrong tree here..

I would just use your Meoptas 15's for spotting at matches and leave the LRF at home. Then run a 10x LRF bino solo for NRL hunter. I don't think you're going to find one piece of glass that's going to be great for both.
    That's what I'm finding and why I asked everyone here