• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I was sent a PST SFP Instead of the FFP

GuyCoker

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 18, 2010
United States
I was sent the Vortex SFP instead of the FFP. The dealer I am going through is willing to make it right eaither way.

Now that I have it, I do not know if I want to send it back. I am not sure if I will ever range anything thats not at max power. Is there any other reason to get the FFP model other than ranging? The qualitey of the optic is great.

Should I send it back, or keep it and have them refund me the diffrence?

Re: I was sent a PST SFP Instead of the FFP

I would keep it. Forget the hassle and settle with the refund. I had a FFP and only found it to be a luxury unless you absolutely need it in tactical matches with multiple targets at unknown ranges. I only shoot in a 1000yard match with targets set at 600, 800, 900, and 1000yards, so I automatically know the ranges. That's just for my needs though, yours may be different.

I would send it back and get the FFP. Only reason being, you really cannot find an FFP with good glass for the price of the PST. I think you will like the FFP version regardless of your needs.

As an added note, I have shot mostly SFP, but since I started shooting longer ranges, I sometimes wish I had FFP. Sometimes I forget that I am not dialed at ranging magnification, and make adjustments according to the spot on the incorrect magnification.

Consistency. You do not have to worry about the power setting. If you are dialing, then not a big deal. BUT it does simplify holdovers so you are able to use the power that works best for what you are looking at, not what the scope tells you to lol.

Keep in mind you can range at half power on your SFP, just takes another step in math and some checking on actual half power setting. Depending on your reticle and power range, the lower power settings can make some reticles difficult to see on a FFP set up.

That said, I have both. I like the FFP best for most things just because it is simple. Line up hold and go. Were i you, I would send it back and get the FFP, especially if your adjustment match the reticle.

Well I took the refund, Why you may ask. I am a college student and $150 is nice to have back when I am happy about the product.

FFP is better, but there are no tactical matches any where in my area. I shoot steel at known distances.

I also owe somone $100....

They also said if I am not happy with it down the road I can send it back for the FFP.

sounds like a great company to do business with

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As an added note, I have shot mostly SFP, but since I started shooting longer ranges, I sometimes wish I had FFP. Sometimes I forget that I am not dialed at ranging magnification, and make adjustments according to the spot on the incorrect magnification. </div></div>

Guilty here!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Coker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was sent the Vortex SFP instead of the FFP. The dealer I am going through is willing to make it right eaither way.

Now that I have it, I do not know if I want to send it back. I am not sure if I will ever range anything thats not at max power. Is there any other reason to get the FFP model other than ranging? The qualitey of the optic is great.

Should I send it back, or keep it and have them refund me the diffrence? </div></div>

FFP's least important role for me is ranging. I use FFP because when I'm shooting steel long I can holdover or dial elevation and hold wind no matter what magnification I'm at.

If mirage is horrible at lets say 24x then you have to dial down to 15x to be able to effectively see your target. FFP no problem my holds are still accurate per the reticle. SFP is a problem unless you've calibrated EXACTLY where you dialed down to on your power ring in advance.

The one feature about SFP is that the reticle is thin at full power . Which is nice for precision shooting at long distance. the FFP is at least double in thickness at 24x.