• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I Won GUNS Magazine's Gun Of the Month! LMT .308

lazersnipe

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2010
Texas
That's right I really did win it, the Dec. 2010 Gun of the Month $5200 package including an LMT LM308MWSF with the upgrade stainless barrel, a Pride Fowler tactical scope with lighted reticle and Warne mount, 2 knives, a wind gage and a trauma wound kit. The gun is rock solid and shoots almost as well as my SR-25. The British army recently bought a bunch of them to fill their version of the designated marksman role and it is a heavy muther but I really like it and the lighted reticle scope is great and the trigger pull is the best I have experienced on a AR, the SopMod stock and the Ergo pistol grip are very nice and comfortable.

And now the RANT, the rest of this is a FYI Sound Off style WARNING to any of you that have been entering to win the GOM in Guns or The American Handgunner magazines as I have for the last 25 at least, the same people run both magazines. By all rights this should have been the happiest of occasions except that Guns mag editorial staff has some total SOB's amongst them. I won the gun the end of December and finally in late March a very nice lady from LMT emails me with congratulations on my win, otherwise I may have never been notified, Guns mag to this day has not sent me any official notification what so ever. I sent her an FFL and she sent me the gun. When it came, I picked it up and started to examine my new treasure and found that it had been shot to hell and back and never cleaned I would estimate well over 100 shots, the bolt face was solid brass with a thick green ring around the edges, it was so dirty I had to get a bolt carrier carbon scraper from Brownells to get finally get it clean. It was obvious by the light marks in the finish on the picatinny rail that a scope had been mounted on it and the SopMod stock had deep scrape marks on the stock tube from a lot of usage. Nothing else came so I had to call the magazine and ask when the hell was the rest coming and they said they would send it. They sent some more but no knives, so one more call to get the knives. Nothing was in plastic bags like new stuff comes in not even the knives, the scope had an empty tiny ziplok which had originally held the battery which was not in the bag because it was already in the scope and I had to get my own hex wrench which was absent from the Warne mounts. So it was obvious I had gotten a bunch of used played with stuff but I will have to pay income tax on the highest most ridiculous retail figures totaling $5252.48. I was about to blame LMT but I fired of a letter to the editor at Guns to cuss them and to cancel my subscription and in his reply he mentioned that they only had the gun a short while to take pictures and that was all I needed to hear, they shot the hell out of it and then sent back to LMT uncleaned to be sent to me. Keep this in mind when you enter their monthly contests I'm sure the same goes for every winner.

"8/21 UPDATE for anyone that is interested"...

After several heated writings to Guns and LMT I think I finally squeezed out the truth, the way it most likely turns out is this, the gun is illegal to possess in the Republic of California so when Guns Mag tells me that they did not shoot the rifle because it would be illegal I tend to believe them, also the gun was not bought by the magazine but supplied by LMT for the advertisement value, Guns Mag. assured me that it was a New Model LM308MWS"F" with stainless barrel that was featured in their contest and I was supposed to win but what I got was obviously a well used demo model LM308MWS"E" with chrome barrel so I now firmly believe that the problem lies with LMT and they are unwilling to face up to the truth or discuss the matter. So I have made my apologies to Guns Magazine who is caught up in the politics of needing to keep a happy relationship with their manufacturers, and the gun has a good home now where it can live happily ever after....

Re: I Won GUNS Magazine's Gun Of the Month! LMT .308

Can't even give people stuff....

I'll pay those taxes, and take that POS off your hands.

Post some pics. If that be the case id be pissed as well.

Proving once again that there is no such thing as a free lunch!
wink.gif

great first post, now go iron your skirt a good pressing will help keep the sand out of your vagina

HOLY SHIT !!!!

I would be happy to pay those taxes for you... IF you give me the dirty nasty smelly mess of it all!!

DK

I'd like to say that I'd take your place, but at my tax rate, it sounds like I'd break even, so... enjoy your new "free" rifle.

Are you kidding me??? This just proves that no matter what, some people will never be happy and complain no matter what. I'm sure the guys who are save every penny to buy a rifle and then have to save for another two years to afford a scope would love to hear your complaints.

Yeah Nancy, go shoot it and stop crying.

I'm just glad to hear someone does in fact win those contests! I enter every single one.

ETA: It is kinda bullshit they didn't notify you, but someone did so it turned out ok.

Has Snipershide become a shitting place? Seriously a free rifle and you call out at least 100 rounds through the gun and complain about cleaning it. What a wanker. I see everyone else has already offered to take it off your hands to pay the tax for you so I would also like to be added to the line in the event you can't handle it. Seriously stop the bitching and freakin shoot it already or pass it on to a person who will. First post, shit I hope its your last
smile.gif

When the contest says "Win this" rifle or pistol shown in the pic I guess they really no shit mean that exact one.

I would venture to say that this fella has lived a life in which he is accustomed to being handed everything he wanted and never really had to earn anything.... Spoiled Ungrateful Fuck!

god man i will take it pay post currer go over and pick it yp i think i wone a turkey in a draw once it was the nisest thanks giving ever had just for the fact i got the bird the bird tage the gun and be thankful you got any thing

Wow really? You're complaining about getting free stuff? My God the entitlement issues with people nowadays.

Tip on the tax thing:

I won a pair of airline tickets once from an airline and received a 1099 showing the value was the highest possible full fare since it was a trip anywhere. The taxes would have been more than the actual fare for the trip we took, if I had purchased discounted tickets online for the same trip.

On my tax form my CPA discounted the value of the tickets to the lowest fare of the trip my wife and I actually took (I supplied the fare info based on published info.) He added a couple lines of explanation on my tax form and the IRS never disputed it.

So here's what you do: Determine the street value of what you received by checking for the lowest sale price of the same used equipment. If you can't find the actual used items for sale anywhere, then do a little research to determine how much the price drops for similar equipment and make a reasoned guess. You will have to provide a one or two line explanation on your 1040 form.

PS Another thing you can do is simply sell what you receive and claim the actual sale price on your tax form. You are responsible only for the fair market value of your winnings, not someone's inflated value.

PPS Usually when people enter contests (gun magazines, Burger King, supermarkets...) and have to give their name, address, telephone number and/or e-mail address, their personal information is sold and used for sales purposes. Huge lists with personal information are sold everyday to sales organizations. At Taco Bell last year there was a form to fill out to win a compact car, the contest was nationwide. If a few million people entered the "contest", their names and personal info would be worth many times what the car cost. So, don't give your information away and later be the target of annoying sales campaigns. If the contest form asks you information such as your age, sex, education, and income level - watch out!!

I vote lazersnipe for tool of the month, whining bitch.

Outsy,
I've heard "mangina" before, but never "sandy mangina".
Can I borrow your phrase?
Miles

If it bothers you that much, give it away to a IRS recognized charity, and take the tax write-off to make your cost zero.

Fuck it, give it to me. I have a retarded 2 year old that i can't get to say Daddy correctly, but his FAS(fetal alcohol syndrome), mongoloid ass sure can say, "my risle".

Seriously, I'll take it. Imagine the smile you would put on my boy's egg shaped face.

wow...

this reminds me of a thread where some dude was complaining because his scope's turrets wouldn't line up 100% (he posted pics and it was like 99.8% accurate)

I thought that was "break in", looks like you won another free-be.

Welcome to the Hide... enjoy your stay.

DK

...hold the fuck on...it had the UPGRADED stainless steel barrel too? Well hell, there's the problem, those 100 rounds of shooting the shit out of it, likely wore that baby out. Cut your losses and make my critter happy.

I'd gladly pay 520 bucks in excise tax in exchange for that rifle.

FYI, LMT stock tubes look like that. They're covered in dry film lube and it shows wear fast. I'd much rather see some residue on a rifle from firing than nothing. That means it's been tested. It functions.

You have zero leg to stand on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You have zero leg to stand on.</div></div>

he's a bitch and an amputee? wow. life sucks, get a helmet.

No good deed goes unpunished...

wtf-dogs+wine+slob.jpg

he hasent reposted ether hmmmm

I'll help both of us out, send me the rifle and all of the other shit that that wasn't in a package and I will send you a check for $200. with a littl note in the memo section stating that it was for some worn out LMT rifle.
See, then you only have to pay taxes on $200.
Win, Win.
Oh, now quit your whinning and clean that dirty rifle.
S

The only thing i will give this guy is he had to bug them to go through with everything on their word. I dont give a crap if its free or you have to drop 5-600 in tax but atleast be a person of your word and clean the damn rifle.

In most give away contests they take some nice pictures of a happy winner to further promote their agenda but in this case he got the old here is the well eaten shit sandwich take a bite it was expensive and you got it free.

tell ya what, since you got raped so bad I will send you a free care package, complete with vagisil, douche, buttpaste, kleenex, and anal eaze. Just cover the tax and shipping and it will be there

From the time I read the OP's remarks I could never see this response coming from the SH family of misfits. It just seems so out of character for this group
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LazerSnipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">started to examine my new treasure and found that it had been shot to hell and back and never cleaned I would estimate well over 100 shots</div></div>

Those bastards sent you a wore out rifle....an LMT can't take that kind of punishment. Everyone knows that they are over the hill at 50 rounds and basically turn into a club at 100.

Here's a partial copy of a recent forward I got.

I'm glad for you that you won.The rest I'll stay out of.

Enjoy the sweet little poem.

Tax his land,
Tax his bed,
Tax the table,
At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes
Are the rule.

Tax his work,
Tax his pay,
He works for
peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
Tax his shirt,
Tax his work,
Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he
Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,
Tax his beers,
If he cries
Tax his tears.

Tax his car,
Tax his gas,
Find other ways
To tax his ass.

Tax all he has
Then let him know
That you won't be done
Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;
Then tax him some more,
Tax him till
He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in
Which he's laid...

Put these words
Upon his tomb,
'Taxes drove me
to my doom...'

When he's gone,
Do not relax,
Its time to apply
The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Excise Taxes
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
Gross Receipts Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Personal Property Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service Charge Tax
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Sales Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, and our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

I have to say I do not take the same position as most of you. Yeah its truly great that he won and that overshadows the down side but why does everyone thats doing the giving get to do a shit job because it was free?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a partial copy of a recent forward I got.

I'm glad for you that you won.The rest I'll stay out of.

Enjoy the sweet little poem.

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, and our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
</div></div> how else are you going to redistribute money if you don't tax them until they are dead and then after too...that is sad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to say I do not take the same position as most of you. Yeah its truly great that he won and that overshadows the down side but why does everyone thats doing the giving get to do a shit job because it was free? </div></div>

You would think that they would at least have cleaned the stuff up and saw to it that it came with all the tsotchekes. Lots of fingers clinging to stuff on deals like this.

The thread put me in mind of this ...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oh5_0Ju352A"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oh5_0Ju352A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

To the OP,

Dude.....that's like winning a brand new Ferrari from Car & Driver.....then bitching when you get it & the tires are a little worn from the "magazine testing" & there's dirt on the floor mats.....gimme a break!

Wow....
Sorry you had such a bad experience winning that free rifle....

This is probably the funniest thread goin... PERIOD!! LMAO!!

DK

Wow...Thanks for reminding me that there are so few that are worth warning about sorry sociopath cocksuckers, because that's your home group. It surprises me that so many of you Poor Depraved Macho Studs are so happy eating someone's second rate shit. But you make this a second rate country so why not, it fits. Judging by the number of posts that most of you Hyena's have totaled, this is what you live for, you don't have any real friends so you have to do something. As for you mentally challenged types , it is not FREE, I will pay $1300 or more according to Turbo Tax depending on the tax rate changes this year. For a little more any of you could get this set up from GunBroker, but not if you had to pay for it, right because it's FREE. You're right what could I have to complain about, if I don't pay my taxes It's FREE. Now let loose the Hyena's to wail some more, that should make you happy....see, we all win! IT's FREE!!! I am now so happy I won this and you didn't.

As a 12 year veteran of LE I believe that I am qualified to say that the OP has to be a cop.

I swear that you could give a brand new corvette to all 1600+ members of my department and 75% of them would be bitching about the color before they ever started the engine.