• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes I wonder why the Leupold CQ/T is not more popular?

500grains

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
dirt nap
It seems to be less complex and less expensive than a top end Aimpoint with magnifier and mounts. And it works in the day without a battery. But there does not seem to be a lot of demand for them.

Re: I wonder why the Leupold CQ/T is not more popular?

It has a few good attributes, but It's heavy, expensive, the mounting system is wonky, the eye relief gets really crappy at 3x, and the obj lens is only 14mm. A decent sized snowflake could cover that thing.

I've tried to like them, but moved on to other more traditional 1-4 optics, like their Mk4 SPR and the Trijicon TR24.

Maybe because its like looking through a straw.

its heavy and I hate those stupid tacticool rails. If they gave it a bigger tube, got rid of the rails they would have more success.

I looked at it, but the thing sat WAAAYYY too high on the rifle. My brother's roommate had one on his AR, and the AR was so top-heavy from the CQ/T that it just wasn't comfortable to even hold, let alone shoot. Definitely not worth the excessive cost that it commands, IMO. There's no good reason why that thing should be $900. If it were less expensive, MAYBE understandable...
Leupold is on the right track with the Tactical Prismatic and DeltaPoint, though, so big kudos to them for getting those out.

Yup, I spent some time with one back in 2004 and it was full of fail. Their new 1.1-8x optic is apparently the complete opposite, however.

Years ago I tried to purchase one when they were selling the civilian model and the military certified one. I asked for the certified model and was willing to pay the market price. Calls and e-mails to Leupold and other dealers concerning this went unanswered. To busy supplying the military I guess.

The thing that changed my mind after living with one for 3 years was that at 3x the dot was so big I couldn't take advantage of magnification for precision anyway. I shoot better groups now at 100 yards with my Aimpoint T1.

Plus what everyone said about eye relief, weight and field of view. With the T1 I put it out at the end of the rail and I have unlimited field of view around it. I did not expect it to be so good.

I think the new luepy 1-8 looks awesome, I love how everyone is doing the FFP and SFP in the same scope. Great possibilites

I used to have it and to me it is not a true fast acquisition scope because you have to deal with eye relief. Fully magnified it has such a small exit pupil it wasn't as clear as the 1x. It is very heavy and too cumbersome. I ended up going with a red dot with a magnifier and the price is about the same and I can lighten the load by totally removing the magnifier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JEB405</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The thing that changed my mind after living with one for 3 years was that at 3x the dot was so big I couldn't take advantage of magnification for precision anyway. I shoot better groups now at 100 yards with my Aimpoint T1.

Plus what everyone said about eye relief, weight and field of view. With the T1 I put it out at the end of the rail and I have unlimited field of view around it. I did not expect it to be so good.

</div></div>

I couldn't agree more. Why anyone would buy one today with the new choices out there is beyond me.

To much money or I would own one. SF SGT MAJ from 3rd group in Qalat Astan had one in o4 and I fucking loved it but to this day dont own one maybe if it was in the 500 range

they go for about $600 used on Ebay, but noone seems to like them on here, i have had mine with ARMS mount for $650 and never even got a bite

I have a CQT on a 16" FAL and really like it . As far as its popularity I will agree with what has been posted already . In its price range there are better choices out there .

not a fan....crappy eye relief, mounts too high, too much bulk and objective is small....not the best combo for CQB plus....way too much money.