• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Icon warlord

Ranger21

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2011
I have been looking into getting an icon warlord and was wondering if the barrel is free floating. Anyone know?

Re: Icon warlord

You know, it's kinda funny that they don't make mention of it. Niether did the one review I read.

My feeling is this: If they had a manners mini-chassis designed for it to use with badger bottom metal and are spinning on a hand lapped 5R barrel, chances are very good it is free floated.

Yes it is. I've got one and have been shooting it a few times now. Its a great rifle so far

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranger21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been looking into getting an icon warlord and was wondering if the barrel is free floating. Anyone know? </div></div>The warlords come from the factory with a special version of the mcs-t2a. They haave a aluminum bedding block and a detach mag system that uses the AI type mags. The barrel is totaly floated. Thank you

I got to check out LVMike's rifle last night. I was very impressed with it and look forward to seeing him run it in up coming practice sessions and matches.

Some initial thoughts/impressions:
-the 3 lug 60deg throw bolt is very smooth and does not exhibit any difficult bolt lift
-the factory trigger came adjusted as low as it can apparently go at about 2.5-3lbs, which may be a little heavy for some but it does break crisp
-the action will accept and feed from type 2 morta magazines, meaning it will accept a COAL of upto around 2.980". The type2s I have are the earliest variant and while they lock into the latch and feed they are very tight and do not drop free. I think the newer mags may not have his problem and will test a set soon as I shoot the rifle more.
-AW mags will not work without machining. I can't say much more as I haven't had the action out of the stock.
-the rifle has a great set of features; 20moa integral rail, badger bottom metal, aluminum bedding block similar in concept to the minichassis, hand lapped 5r TC barrel, flat bottom action, dual integral recoil lugs, and of course the manners t2a
-the the general fit and finish is superb-- things such as the bottom metal inletting is very well done and shows an even gap around the edges

I've only got about 50 rounds down the barrel but this upcoming weekend I plan on doing a practice session with it and putting it through it's paces. I will add that it could potentially replace my AI AW rifles as my competition rifle if my level of satisfaction so far continues as I evaluate the rifle more.

My camera kinda sucks, the pictures from the for sale post are the best I've got:
_DSC0852.jpg

_DSC0856.jpg

_DSC0859.jpg

The last picture was what I was referring to as the inletting being well done. The rear tang to stock clearance is just as well fit.

I also forgot to mention that the stock comes with the best available adjustable cheek piece system (Tom you picked right choosing KMW hardware for your stocks).

OMG thats sexy!! I've played with the other "hunting" TC bolt Rifles and really like the action. That is a nice setup. I would like to see someone run the shit out of it and see if its just a safe queen or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USW.260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG thats sexy!! I've played with the other "hunting" TC bolt Rifles and really like the action. That is a nice setup. <span style="font-weight: bold">I would like to see someone run the shit out of it</span> and see if its just a safe queen or not.</div></div>

Mike will.

I held the Precision Hunter in a local store and was very impressed with it. Well balanced, smooth bolt and a great trigger.

Only issue is the price. They retail at $2,500 here in Australia and the Warlord goes for about $5,400. You can definitely build a comparative custom rifle for the same price.

Rod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranger21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been looking into getting an icon warlord and was wondering if the barrel is free floating. Anyone know? </div></div>The warlords come from the factory with a special version of the mcs-t2a. They haave a aluminum bedding block and a detach mag system that uses the AI type mags. The barrel is totaly floated. Thank you </div></div>

By chance are the stocks available separatly or is there some sort of exclusive deal with TC? Buddy has a standard ICON and IMO I think it would be a great platform to use for a custom build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranger21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been looking into getting an icon warlord and was wondering if the barrel is free floating. Anyone know? </div></div>The warlords come from the factory with a special version of the mcs-t2a. They haave a aluminum bedding block and a detach mag system that uses the AI type mags. The barrel is totaly floated. Thank you </div></div>

By chance are the stocks available separatly or is there some sort of exclusive deal with TC? Buddy has a standard ICON and IMO I think it would be a great platform to use for a custom build. </div></div>

The regular icon has 3 recoil lugs-- front, mid, and rear. On the warlord T/C has removed the one in the middle (just behind mag well) as it conflicts with the Badger bottom metal.