• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Idaho panhandle in November?

SRS

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2007
California
Folks, I'm taking my wife on her first hunt. We'll be going after antlerless deer in the Idaho Panhandle region (Unit 1), around Priest River.

Topo maps show wooded terrain. Is this what we can expect? What's the temperature like? Bears/lions in the area in November?

Thank you, folks.

BTW, if anyone has private access, please PM me and we can work something out:)

You better plan on dressing WARM. You can expect the terrain to be wooded with areas of open grasslands and clear cuts from logging. The temps in the morning will most likely be in the low teens to single digits. I will be up in the area in October. I know the temps are usually around 10-15 degrees in the mornings where I will be hunting at ~6000 ft. The terrain is going to be steep, very steep if you plan to do much hiking be prepared. You will ALWAYS need to be on the lookout for bears, cougar, and wolves. Idaho has an "access yes" program where you can hunt private land and the landowner is compensated for it, but you must contact the landowner and get permission. Look up Access Yes! Guide | Idaho Fish and Game to investigate this further. Let me know how you do. I will share my experience when I get done as well. Stay tuned.

I'd put my money on rain or snow most days in November . It's always wet weather when I whitetail hunt up there . Not to complain though . It gets them moving . You may not see any bears but always keep an eye on the cats and dogs . They are everywhere .

Because I'll be there during the shoulder season (last week of Oct.), should I bring chains in case I need it for driving through high 57 (north of the city of Priest River)?