• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Idaho Prairie Dogs

Re: Idaho Prairie Dogs

that link is inop. every place I see them theres a house right behind them. I'm going to montana and packing a summers worth of fun into a weekend

I don't get around Idaho that much but I did see the little black-tailed one's when we flew a little 4-seater into Twinfalls ID. airport about 2 years back. I could not believe my eye's and my trigger finger was twitching the hole time when I was on the tarmac. They were ' Thick ' too, but No way in hell was there a way to get a shot off there, It was like a little prairie dog protection reserve there on the Airport with Acres of them running every where.
So there has to be more of them around that area. There is a lot of Agriculture land around there too. But they probably go under ground when it really starts to heat-up when summer gets there.

I have always shot them on a friends farm in Hauser. I know there are alot in the area if you can find someone willing to let you shoot on their land. Don't know any public land areas to shoot though, Wish I did

Strangedays,

I'll check with a buddy in Hauser...he has some prop on the north end of the lake.

Thanks,

JH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimbob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that link is inop. every place I see them theres a house right behind them. I'm going to montana and packing a summers worth of fun into a weekend</div></div>

DUDE, IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE.
YOURE A MORON

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try the www.prairiedogshootingsociety

they know all the good places....</div></div>

prairedogshootingsociety

no such thing. wow..scary i had to explain that twice..must be the inbreeding

I'd say go to MT and try to get on a ranchers property. Seems to be getting harder these days to do that. One of the best things to do is get a good pair of binos and just start scouting. Captain Moroni all S.Cal aren't bad, took me 30 years to get out of there so I could shoot furry little varmints.
wink.gif

Lots of BLM land with a crap-load of p-dogs in Phillips county Montana. Most of the private land up here is open to p-dog shooting as well.

Good info PGS. Gotta love Montana. Here in Oregon it's getting harder to get on private lands is my understanding.