• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IDF COUNTER SNIPERS AT WORK IN GAZA...

AMERICANRIFLE

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2022
USA
1702333269056.png

Hey @MDT_Josh & @MDT_OFFICIAL - is that your gear?

If so, I want that rail for my ACC Premier.

-Stan

That’s a chassis that MDT made for IDF’s M24 rifles. It’s a long action chassis designed to take short action AICS mags.

A great article on the chassis:

lighter

That’s a chassis that MDT made for IDF’s M24 rifles. It’s a long action chassis designed to take short action AICS mags.

lighter
Thank you!

-Stan

These guys are from Sayeret Matkal. Blurred faces but unit insignia clearly visible. At least they don't have any visible tattoo's as those are the same as wearing your name tag. Back in the Cold War, when American SF were secret warriors, almost no one had tattoo's. Getting photographed was a career ender.

General Staff Reconnaissance Unit (formerly Unit 269 or Unit 262), more commonly known as Sayeret Matkal, is the special reconnaissance unit (sayeret) of Israel's General Staff (matkal). It is considered one of the premier special forces units of Israel.

First and foremost a field intelligence-gathering unit, conducting deep reconnaissance behind enemy lines to obtain strategic intelligence, Sayeret Matkal is also tasked with a wide variety of frequently clandestine special operations, including black operations, combat search and rescue, counter-terrorism, hostage rescue humint, irregular warfare, long-range penetration, conducting manhunts, special operations, and special reconnaissance beyond Israel's borders. The unit is modeled after the British Army's Special Air Service (SAS), taking the unit's motto "Who Dares Win's". The unit is the Israeli equivalent of the SAS. It is directly subordinate to the Special Operations Division of the IDF's Military Intelligence Directorate.

1702358955581.png

Cold War secret warriors. Special Forces Det A Berlin Brigade. Photo on left shows some team members standing in front of Glienicke Bridge.
The bridge spans the Havel river in Germany, connecting the Wansee district of Berlin with the Brandenburg capital Potsdam. During the Cold War, as this portion of the Havel River formed the border between West Berlin and East Germany, the bridge was used several times for the exchange of captured spies and thus became known as the Bridge of Spies. This was the basis for the Tom Hanks movie "Bridge of Spies".
berlin brigade secret 1.jpg
1702360313745.png

Last edited:
They use tripod to put the rifles bipod on. So all in all, including shooter, 7 legs are used here per gun. Tripod board looks like they are taking support from it but I doubt you can put much at all weight on it.

The first guy forgot to remove the scope cap for the photoshoot.. not.

They do not seem to have dedicated shooting bags either, the first guy has some bright yellow (vest?) rolled to make some rear support.

I wish they had some better stuff. It must be much nicer to waste terrorists with decent gear and not fight with freaking rolled rear bag.

Last edited:
I guess 3 billion a year annual from the US only gets you a Harris. 🤷‍♂️
Well, the first 10% of that had to go back to President Peters. We can only guess how much of the rest of the money actually goes to battle readiness. From the picture, I'm thinking 10 cents on the dollar.... :confused:

lighter
Looks like a modified MDT LSS chassis.

What's the small cable going from the scope base to the rail about?

I could be wrong but looks like it runs to the bipod

These guys are from Sayeret Matkal. Blurred faces but unit insignia clearly visible. At least they don't have any visible tattoo's as those are the same as wearing your name tag. Back in the Cold War, when American SF were secret warriors, almost no one had tattoo's. Getting photographed was a career ender.

General Staff Reconnaissance Unit (formerly Unit 269 or Unit 262), more commonly known as Sayeret Matkal, is the special reconnaissance unit (sayeret) of Israel's General Staff (matkal). It is considered one of the premier special forces units of Israel.

First and foremost a field intelligence-gathering unit, conducting deep reconnaissance behind enemy lines to obtain strategic intelligence, Sayeret Matkal is also tasked with a wide variety of frequently clandestine special operations, including black operations, combat search and rescue, counter-terrorism, hostage rescue humint, irregular warfare, long-range penetration, conducting manhunts, special operations, and special reconnaissance beyond Israel's borders. The unit is modeled after the British Army's Special Air Service (SAS), taking the unit's motto "Who Dares Win's". The unit is the Israeli equivalent of the SAS. It is directly subordinate to the Special Operations Division of the IDF's Military Intelligence Directorate.

View attachment 8294456

Cold War secret warriors. Special Forces Det A Berlin Brigade. Photo on left shows some team members standing in front of Glienicke Bridge.
The bridge spans the Havel river in Germany, connecting the Wansee district of Berlin with the Brandenburg capital Potsdam. During the Cold War, as this portion of the Havel River formed the border between West Berlin and East Germany, the bridge was used several times for the exchange of captured spies and thus became known as the Bridge of Spies. This was the basis for the Tom Hanks movie "Bridge of Spies".
View attachment 8294468 View attachment 8294469
What kind of SR unit wears insignia unit insignia? Its 2023 so you know photos are going to get around. At least have some sort of deniability or obscurity.

Israel military is a 3rd world conscript army. Even their specialized units are nothing like western armies.

Yup. Dummy cords. Something you do with retarded soldiers/marines who you cannot trust to run a weapon system without loosing critical parts that are torqued/mounted.

SR must stand for Special Retards over there.
I bet their real world experience is that optics tend to get knocked off in the heat of battle.

I bet their real world experience is that optics tend to get knocked off in the heat of battle.
Like I said, if you are retarded. Ive been in my share of gunfights and ambushes and never saw the need to dumby cord optics. Now my buddy who lost a encryption fill device in a firefight would have probably wished it was dumby corded. They had to change the cyrpto in theater a week early and he got his ass reamed for that one.

If a blast in severe enough to blow an optic off the rifle, you wont be around to worry about it. The shear force required to do so is much more than required to remove your head from your body.

Love the locking-windage version of the Mark 6. Kick myself for not picking one up when I had the chance

Like I said, if you are retarded. Ive been in my share of gunfights and ambushes and never saw the need to dumby cord optics. Now my buddy who lost a encryption fill device in a firefight would have probably wished it was dumby corded. They had to change the cyrpto in theater a week early and he got his ass reamed for that one.

If a blast in severe enough to blow an optic off the rifle, you wont be around to worry about it. The shear force required to do so is much more than required to remove your head from your body.

Cool story bro.

Wait, wait,

The scope is mounted in such a way that you'd have to destroy the scope AND rifle to seperate them, but let's use a tiny looped piece of cable for redundancy?

On top of that, it's not like you secured it to a fixed object. You secured it to a slightly larger object, that is just as eaisly lost/dropped.

You gotta be shitting me, Pyle!

This is the equivalent of chaining your bike to a folding chair

Yup. Dummy cords. Something you do with retarded soldiers/marines who you cannot trust to run a weapon system without loosing critical parts that are torqued/mounted.

SR must stand for Special Retards over there.
FWIW only one of the optic mounts has the safety-wire looking cord, IMO it's just stowed in the position you see it. Given the length is possibly for holding the bolt closed or some other use.

The cordage on the bipod actually goes through the springs down to the feet. Again is only on one of them and appears to be for deploying it Vs retention.

FWIW only one of the optic mounts has the safety-wire looking cord, IMO it's just stowed in the position you see it. Given the length is possibly for holding the bolt closed or some other use.

The cordage on the bipod actually goes through the springs down to the feet. Again is only on one of them and appears to be for deploying it Vs retention.

Great points.

Wait, wait,

The scope is mounted in such a way that you'd have to destroy the scope AND rifle to seperate them, but let's use a tiny looped piece of cable for redundancy?

On top of that, it's not like you secured it to a fixed object. You secured it to a slightly larger object, that is just as eaisly lost/dropped.

You gotta be shitting me, Pyle!

This is the equivalent of chaining your bike to a folding chair
But it was worth it to watch the meth head try to ride away on a bike with a folding chair chained to it.