• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If I could fly.

Re: If I could fly.

An A-10 is really just a big cannon disguised as an aircraft...
cool.gif

It's my favorite aircraft in current service. The thing is a muh'fkn fire breathing dragon in country.

and to think the Air Force almost dumped it before Desert Storm and was going to give it to the Army...now look at it. Still being awesome after all these years.

Had a friend that worked on the A-10's at Eilson AFB, crawled inside it - not a lot of guages (Before hellfire upgrade)..

But that wingspan , holy crap - from inside that wingspan is HUGE!!!

Love the A-10
smile.gif

98a92891-17e3-45c5-99ca-9d240144d1df.jpg

Shit I TOOK this pic, they finally put it up on their website!

f97e9206-4a7d-4823-adc0-9c6f0150cb96.jpg

The recoil of the main cannon is slightly more than one of the engines full output. So thats why it has to have two or it would drop out of the sky every time the gun was fired. There have been some that have stalled because they pilots forgot to increase the throttle while firing. There has been an upgraded to the A-10 that when the cannon is fired the plane automatically increases its throttle some to offset the massive recoil.