• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If Terrapin Is the best, What's Second Best?

Re: If Terrapin Is the best, What's Second Best?

My Swarovski was pretty good. It was better than anything else that I've used... Until I got a Terrapin.

+1 for whatv KM22 said.

The Swaro is a great rf, but it is a distant second to the Terrapin. Nothing I have used is anywhere near as good as either the Terrapin or the Swaro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bushnell for the money.</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bushnell for the money.</div></div>
+1 for Bushnell 1600 Fusion.

swaro is second. I've had leica 1200 & 1600, swaro, terrapin, bushnell 800 ( i think), newcon 2500. Terrapin is by far the best I've had. Vectronix does make better. Swaro was great out to about 1600. Could go further. Nexcon was the worst only about 400. Leica 1200 and the 3 1600s I had were pretty equal. All about 1100. Currently have terrapin. I get about 3000 with it, can go further. Never have tried the bushnell 1600.

Thanks Guys!!

Redfield Raider.

wink.gif

i've been satisfied with the G7. works very well, ballistic accuracy is spot on.

xdeano

A lot will say Swavorski, never tried one though. I have a Leica 1200 scan and it works really well. It pretty much exceeds my ability/range/cartridge which is mainly 308/7mm08.

Hand's down Bushnell arc 1600. I've had them all out in the field and it out preforms the swaro in a side by side comparison.

My 1200 lica gets continually get blown away by the 1600 bushy,even under 1k at midday conditions. Often shoot with Dad and he has the Swaro and he can't touch the distance of the bushy.

Good to hear a lot of Bushnell 1600 votes out there. If my Leica ever goes down its nice to know about the Bushnell

Ditto, been looking hard and and a Terrapin price tag for what I need it for can't be justified. Thanks!

L

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xdeano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i've been satisfied with the G7. works very well, ballistic accuracy is spot on.

xdeano </div></div>

What range have you had the G7 to?

Hey guys, in the latest "Gun tests" they test bino/rangefinder combos and give the nod to Bushnell over the German brands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mkollman74</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xdeano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i've been satisfied with the G7. works very well, ballistic accuracy is spot on.

xdeano </div></div>

What range have you had the G7 to? </div></div>

I was able to shoot a grain bin at 2200 yds. This is further then it is rated for. I have a couple of gripes about it though. The aim circle/cross hair is to large and needs to be refined. Also the reostat lighting is dim when shooting on snow and super bright at dusk. But other wise i really like the rangefinder. The ballistic computer inside is super accurate.
Xdeano

I've used Leica rangefinders for years. They've always been really reliable. I switched from a Leica to a Swaro about 4 years ago for an elk hunt. It crapped out and I had to use my dad's Leica 1200. I sent the Swaro back but haven't heard the end of it from dad!

Terrapin #1; G7 BR2 is #2; Swarovski & Leica 1600B tied for #3. Just sold the Swaro and bought a G7 BR2. Haven't played with it enough to have an informed opinion. Normally cost $1,600, but G7 Gunwerks has them discounted to $1,430 with free shipping through the end of the year.

+1 for Bushnell 1600, after receiving the Bushnell sold the Leica.

A really clean used Terrapin for $1200
wink.gif
. Save up, buy a Terrapin and don't look back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xdeano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i've been satisfied with the G7. works very well, ballistic accuracy is spot on.

xdeano </div></div>

Same here. Tends to pick up mixed stuff better than my buddies swaro, but the terrapin is still a whole level above both.

Hands down bushnell. At the last match three people were going to sell their Leica's and buy bushnell 1600's. I could out range the lecia's by hundreds of yards.

No complaints about my Leica.

I'd say Swaro.