• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If the manufacturer was listening, what realistic thing would you change about your favorite optic?

I have an ACME machine 1-8 FFP on the AR. I wish the reticle started at the center dot instead of two and a half. The website shows the MOA reticle but it skipps a litte also.

• Haha
Reactions: BCP and beetroot
Non-illuminated I feel might be a trap for the manufacturer though. most of them design the reticle assembly with the illumination built in these days, so taking it out isn't as simple as older scopes. plus it leads to SKU bloat. So a fractional cost savings for the consumer, but a lot of extra overhead in manufacturing.

Standard accessories s a good one though, and I'll even throw another thing in: Standardized threads on Objective and Ocular for a given outer diameter. That way more accessories like sunshades, ARDs, hard lens caps, filters, clip-on mounts, etc would be compatible across a wide range of optics instead of very model-specific.
Yea that makes sense on the illumination.

Stop making reticles where the lines are interrupted.

Yeah, I am talking to you Zeiss and Nightforce.

The only acceptable place where a reticle line can be interrupted is the center of the reticle.

-Stan

I'd give up a lot of shit to get companies to build scopes that would hold zero when knocked around a little bit. Nightforce seems to have it figured out. I had a scope I loved from a popular company...it wouldn't fucking hold zero or stay together. When the flagship scope has these problems, it is a design issue. Hire some better engineers. I absolutely loved everything else about the scope but did not like sending it north 10+ times in 4 years.

I'd like a none lite SFP 2x12x40 w/a adjustable objective(1/4moa min but 1/2 would be OK) that has the crt cross hair (1/10 moa max width )in the top 1/3rd of the glass. The erector system w/no tool lockable knobs that have only 20moa total, up & wind. I want a tree ret that allows for max up & wind, in the field of view. (Not one that stops 1/2way like some)It needs to weigh 16oz or less. A tube size a mimium od 30mm or larger. Need a power dedent that allows doubling of the ret.

Last edited: