• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If this doesn't sicken you.........

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 25, 2017
    I'm not saying what he did was the right thing to do. Clearly it wasn't.

The article said that he had begged her for years to have children but she refused because of her career. She made that choice and will now grow old without ever knowing the joy that a child can bring.

We don't know the entire story on this couple. The other bizarre facet in this story is that the husband put this story online. This was clearly a private matter between him and his wife. He should have kept it that way.

He has a right to be upset and the object of his anger is misplaced. We all make decisions that were foolish. Some people cannot process bad news. He was stupid for what he did.

Time has a way of teaching us to hold our thoughts in check. He will regret what he did one day just as she will regret her decision to put off having children.

When someone is grieving over something, anything, I've learned to just say, "I don't know of anything to say that will comfort you. There isn't anything to say that will help right now. I just want you to know that I'm here for you."

The article said that he had begged her for years to have children but she refused because of her career. She made that choice and will now grow old without ever knowing the joy that a child can bring.

There are millions of children begging for adoptive parents.

This guy is a selfish asshole, a sorry excuse for a real man, and I would be honored to smash his face on the sidewalk.

*raises hand* That was me. Or, rather, that was my biological "parents" when I was born because they could not, for whatever reason, take care of me. And if I ever want kids, I'll probably end up adopting as well unless someone's willing to be a surrogate. I'd like to say that this couple could've had a happy life with one or more adopted children who would love them and be loved in return, but it sounds like this douchebag of a male (won't even call him a "man") would be a shit dad anyway. He's already a shit husband if this story is even true. Maybe the woman, if she recovers from her cancer, will find a man worthy of her time and they'll adopt some kids and have a great family together. One may hope.

Makes me think of this song, with some slight modifications...

And Id be all over Mary Travers like stik on shit.

This guy is a selfish asshole, a sorry excuse for a real man, and I would be honored to smash his face on the sidewalk.

Very true. Maybe they can both forgive each other and look to adopting and building a family from those ashes.

I've met plenty of women that were selfish bitches. I married and divorced two of them. He is selfish but she was as well.

My parents were devoted to each other. I thought that was what marriage was supposed to be like but was wrong.

The talking bimbos on television wonder why millennials aren't getting married. They cite all sorts of socio-economic and cultural factors except the obvious. There is NO benefit that men can ever realize from getting married in today's environment. We get run over in court, kids taken away along with all of our savings.

I thought all women were like my mother and was wrong but back to the premise of this thread. IMHO, both of these people were selfish. She for her career and him for walking out on his wife in her time of need.

When I was in school, O'Henry's story, "The Gift of the Maji," was required reading. That went clear back to grade school. It was short story with the picture of what a true marriage and devotion to each other should look like.

There probably isn't anyone around under the age of fifty that could to you what O'Henry's story is about. Here's a great picture of what sacrifice between a married couple should look like. I sold a lot of nice things and did without for both ex-wives and got sacks full of shit in return.

If I had a wife like the one in the story, then she would have me eating out of her hand. Sadly, there aren't any women like that anymore. Here is the film adaptation to O'Henry's story.

E2EB6E6D-AF64-4327-88E4-73F420822F06.gif

Very true. Maybe they can both forgive each other and look to adopting and building a family from those ashes.

I've met plenty of women that were selfish bitches. I married and divorced two of them. He is selfish but she was as well.

My parents were devoted to each other. I thought that was what marriage was supposed to be like but was wrong.

The talking bimbos on television wonder why millennials aren't getting married. They cite all sorts of socio-economic and cultural factors except the obvious. There is NO benefit that men can ever realize from getting married in today's environment. We get run over in court, kids taken away along with all of our savings.

I thought all women were like my mother and was wrong but back to the premise of this thread. IMHO, both of these people were selfish. She for her career and him for walking out on his wife in her time of need.

When I was in school, O'Henry's story, "The Gift of the Maji," was required reading. That went clear back to grade school. It was short story with the picture of what a true marriage and devotion to each other should look like.

There probably isn't anyone around under the age of fifty that could to you what O'Henry's story is about. Here's a great picture of what sacrifice between a married couple should look like. I sold a lot of nice things and did without for both ex-wives and got sacks full of shit in return.

If I had a wife like the one in the story, then she would have me eating out of her hand. Sadly, there aren't any women like that anymore. Here is the film adaptation to O'Henry's story.

My wife and I decided to start a family later in life. She was 37 when our only child was born.

If she had been unable to conceive or take to term, we would still be married to this day nearly 31 years on.

When I said "in sickness and in health, for richer or for poor, until death do us part" I fucking meant it.

When one makes a promise, or takes an oath, it is with the intent to keep it.

It's what men do.

My wife and I decided to start a family later in life. She was 37 when our only child was born.

If she had been unable to conceive or take to term, we would still be married to this day nearly 31 years on.

When I said "in sickness and in health, for richer or for poor, until death do us part" I fucking meant it.

It's what men do.

You got a good wife. Your's is an exception rather than the rule. I took my vows very seriously also and meant every word. Sadly, I think too many women focus on themselves.

When my parents were married, it was them, the JP, my aunt and uncle serving as maid of honor and best man. That was it.

People go broke over lavish weddings and receptions today on marriages that don't last. My mother didn't care about a fancy wedding dress or big ceremony. She never wanted to be treated like a queen but that's how my father treated her.

We don't know the entire story about this couple. To repeat, he was selfish but it appears that she was as well.

You got a good wife. Your's is an exception rather than the rule. I took my vows very seriously also and meant every word. Sadly, I think too many women focus on themselves.

if she leaves she leaves, but it wont be because of what I did that I shouldn't have or failed to do what I should have

If he wants kids he needs to find a woman who also wants them.

It’s reddit so there’s a pretty good chance this is just a fabricated story from someone who wanted to stir a bunch of people up, but it might be true.

If it is, I choose to look at it as a positive. Maybe he wasn’t able to conceive because something in the universe knew he would be a crappy father who would run out at the very hint of a rough time.

It's what men do.
    My Dad catted around on my Mother. My Wife's Dad catted around on her Mother. I saw firsthand how devastated my Mother was and I vowed that when I made the commitment to my future Wife, it would be unbreakable. Period. Together 40 years, Married 36. No funny business. No devastation. It isn't that difficult. What is your word worth ? :unsure: ;)

They're both to blame. They BOTH agreed to marry each other. THEY should've had a frank conversation about children BEFORE they got married. If SHE didn't want kids and HE did, they shouldn't have married. If EITHER ONE was simply hoping that attitude would change, then it appears they're BOTH wrong.

They're both to blame. They BOTH agreed to marry each other. THEY should've had a frank conversation about children BEFORE they got married. If SHE didn't want kids and HE did, they shouldn't have married. If EITHER ONE was simply hoping that attitude would change, then it appears they're BOTH wrong.

Maybe some people see things differently, but marriage has no preconditions. At least as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, he dumped her when she lost her ability to bear children as a consequence of cancer.

Anyone who does that is lower than whale shit. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Anyone remember Newt Gingrich and his wife with cancer? Everyone already knows of Bill Clinton.

A dude who has my respect is Pierce Brosnan. Hollywood used to rail on him for his wife getting out of shape but he sticks with her despite what others want him to do. His first wife died of cancer.

Last edited:
    Reactions: lash
    Of course dumb shit like that sickens me, it's an oath that I took and revere like all others I've taken throughout my life.
    I'm only a very spry 47 year old but have been married for 26 years and will die with the same woman God willing regardless of either of our conditions.
    Till death do us part.

If that article isn't FAKE NEWS, I don't know what is. Some story on Reddit makes itself into a Fox News article? Please. Grow up, Fox News.

i knew a girl that had something similar happen to her. she came down with thyroid cancer, and this fuckstick’s response was to run around and leave her high and dry even though he had a kid with her. she was a nice girl, not that bad looking, either....i was neighbors with them.
    bumped into her sometime after, and one thing led to another and she spent a night or three at my place. the really funny thing is, he would still do and say nasty things toward her. so she told him she had visited me, fucked me, and told him that it was by far and away the best she’s ever had. dude SNAPPED. lol. of course, he never had the stones to come a looking for me. but i never could figure out that if he didnt want her and threw her away like trash, why the fuck would he even care?
    piss on him. he pissed on and threw away a helluva good woman.

Reactions: Foul Mike

It's what men do.
    ...I vowed that when I made the commitment to my future Wife, it would be unbreakable. Period. Together 40 years, Married 36. No funny business. No devastation. It isn't that difficult. What is your word worth ? :unsure: ;)
    My wife and I quietly celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary today. We married young, struggled hard, worked hard, fought and made up when things were tough, had twins and now have four grandsons we love. I don't think that either of us would have had it any other way. In the end, it’s the journey that matters and if you don’t pick someone that you are prepared to take that journey with, it will never last.

Then you are a fucking douchebag

Is this what marriage has become? A fucking joke?

Can real men; who honor their wives in sickness and in health, in wealth and in poverty, all the way to death, stand the fuck up?

I just have no words left...............
    Certainly not a man.

Reactions: 308pirate
    Stick through anything, but a cheating whore has to go.
    ask me how I know

The longer I am home working and away from people, the less I wanna be around em.

One of my favorite statements and I have no idea where I got it is; “Integrity has no need for a set of rules”.

Brings to mind: Newt Gingrich, John Edwards, John McCain and Antonio Villaraigosa.

There is NO benefit that men can ever realize from getting married in today's environment. We get run over in court, kids taken away along with all of our savings.

If he wants kids he needs to find a woman who also wants them.

What he really needs to do if he wants kids, is just adopt some himself and be a single father.
    That way no worry about some woman taking them away from you with a bunch of lies and then using the courts to enslave you to support her lifestyle as enjoys sex with loosers on your dime.

Adopting is a huge mess, costs tons of money, and is made to be one of the most difficult things to do with every government type wanting to stick their nose in your business and tell you what you can and can't do and take as much money as they can. Then you still run the risk after all that of some druggie father or mother 10 years later deciding they want to rip your kid away because "now they are clean"... and guess what the courts do.... and all that money you spent....

More kids would be adopted if the government stopped making it so hard.
    My guess is the more kids that are in the "foster" system or "state homes" means more money, so they are in no hurry to get them adopted away.

Reactions: lash
    What he really needs to do if he wants kids, is just adopt some himself and be a single father.
    That way no worry about some woman taking them away from you with a bunch of lies and then using the courts to enslave you to support her lifestyle as enjoys sex with loosers on your dime.

Adopting is a huge mess, costs tons of money, and is made to be one of the most difficult things to do with every government type wanting to stick their nose in your business and tell you what you can and can't do and take as much money as they can. Then you still run the risk after all that of some druggie father or mother 10 years later deciding they want to rip your kid away because "now they are clean"... and guess what the courts do.... and all that money you spent....

More kids would be adopted if the government stopped making it so hard.
    My guess is the more kids that are in the "foster" system or "state homes" means more money, so they are in no hurry to get them adopted away.
    This is unfortunately too true.

This is pretty clear. The guy wanted a way out and this gave him a reason.

This is very interesting and l’m going to bare my soul here. As others have said, the wedding vows I took mean something. Many years ago my wife had a hysterectomy. Awful family history of cancer. So the sexual desire was gone and and sex was physically uncomfortable. So being the weirdo I am, if she ain’t having fun, then neither am I. So we just eventually quit having sex. I haven’t had sex in at least 7 years. Don’t know exactly. Not keeping track. What have I learned? Sex just really isn’t that important in the grand scheme of things. I remember the old joke about blind dates “She’s got a great personality “ nudge nudge wink wink. Today the “great personality “ is the one I’d pick.
    So my question is, would you leave your woman if you could never have sex again? Am I an outlier here. I really don’t think so. It’s just not manly to admit it.
    BTW are there any women here? Be nice to hear that perspective.
    Ok I’m done 😑

Reactions: Maggot
    Remember it takes two to Tango................Marriage is hard work we have been together 50yrs this December, wife is my best friend bar none
    On the surface this looks real bad that the guy walked out..............but do we REALLY know the entire story ?? Probably not

This is very interesting and l’m going to bare my soul here. As others have said, the wedding vows I took mean something. Many years ago my wife had a hysterectomy. Awful family history of cancer. So the sexual desire was gone and and sex was physically uncomfortable. So being the weirdo I am, if she ain’t having fun, then neither am I. So we just eventually quit having sex. I haven’t had sex in at least 7 years. Don’t know exactly. Not keeping track. What have I learned? Sex just really isn’t that important in the grand scheme of things. I remember the old joke about blind dates “She’s got a great personality “ nudge nudge wink wink. Today the “great personality “ is the one I’d pick.
    So my question is, would you leave your woman if you could never have sex again? Am I an outlier here. I really don’t think so. It’s just not manly to admit it.
    BTW are there any women here? Be nice to hear that perspective.
    Ok I’m done 😑
    No I wouldn’t! But my right forearm would look like Popeyes!😂

This does not make me sick or any other such feelings , she knew what he was like and married him anyway . I did not marry him its her choice she got what she wanted except maybe the cancer I can't imagine anyone wanting that . If she had taken the time to find out what he was like before hand she would not be in that position . She should have invested the time to learn about who it was she was marrying , she totally deserves him when he walks out on her . In the same token women to give it up way to easy deserve it when after they get impregnate they are left how to you sleep with a complete stranger and expect them to act ? And expect that same stranger to give a dam about you or your children choices have consequences .

Last edited:
    Anyone remember Newt Gingrich and his wife with cancer? Everyone already knows of Bill Clinton.

A dude who has my respect is Pierce Brosnan. Hollywood used to rail on him for his wife getting out of shape but he sticks with her despite what others want him to do. His first wife died of cancer.
    Wasn't that John Edwards?