• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you can only have 1, mws or Predatobr

Lrdchaos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Oklahoma
Picking up a 308 based semi auto. I will be running the rifle suppressed out to 600 yards. It will be a do it all, hunting and target rifle. I’m looking at the Lmt mws and the Larue Predatobr in 16”. Which rifle would you recommend?

P'tOBR.

I'd consider the .260 Rem in 18", too.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos.imageevent.com\/mstn\/laruecostaedition556\/huge\/IMG_5780.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos.imageevent.com\/mstn\/laruecostaedition556\/huge\/IMG_5886.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Regardless of the caliber you choose, get the Tranquilo suppressor to go with the rifle.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos.imageevent.com\/mstn\/laruecostaedition556\/huge\/IMG_5904.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I've hunted with my mws but as stated it's a pig to tote around. It's very accurate and reliable though. For an all around rig the ptobr would be much better suited.

Of the two Larue. But is there any reason it is limited to just these two? There are better options out there, the best of which is to build your own or pay ADCO or CLE or and LGS to build it for you from parts. For the money you end up with a nicer rifle than either. We can provide a parts list if you want.

I'd say MWS. The monolithic upper platform is the toughest and most robust upper design in the industry. I'd venture to say it could also be touted as the most reliable ar10 out there. The quick change barrel system is also awesome and gives a guy many options. Sure it's heavier but if you're worried about a pound or two then honestly you're being a sally unless you're packing the rifle through the mountains.

I’’ll go with MWS as well. I have bolt guns for super precision and for my purposes a solid MOA semi is more than enough. The absolute bombproof quality and reliability are higher on my list than being light and same hole. I use mine for hunting and target and it’s never let me down. The ability to play with other calibers and barrel lengths with two bolts is cool and when I have time I plan on playing with a 6.5CM tube. I’ve carried it on some long hunts and mine is a pig with everything on it but it hasn’t ever bothered me. Just my $0.02....

KAC :) My KAC prints .6's of its better groups. My OBR has gotten to the 4's. The MWS was in the 7's every once in a while. MWS is gone and the OBR is likely to follow as I only ever shoot the KAC. No reliability issues with any of the ones I personally owned.

I really like the LMT but it is rather heavy. The Larue rifles look very nice, can't imagine you would be disappointed with one.

My favorite was my pws 308 simply because it didn't kick, wasn't a pig and grouped near an inch which is fine for a 308 carbine.

Any of them with a muzzle brake will make you fucking deaf so figure on ear protection at all times (plugs and muffs).

Larue for the reasons listed already. Or Daniel Defense if you want in my opinion lighter and more accurate.

Mws for reliability and durability. 308 semis can be finicky. I rather have reliability with all types of Ammo and loads, over the extra half inch of accuracy of the Larue. The mws is a Cookie Monster and will eat everything. Plus the larue has a thinner profile barrel so that extra accuracy might not last.

My vote goes to the larue, if the accuracy doesn’t last. Like some have said. Send it back and they will replace the barrel. The warrenty on the rifle is outstanding.