• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you could only own 2 caliber Rifles?

every patriot should own a .308 rifle.
why? good do it all caliber for zombies, target shooting and hunting.
plus, if the united nations ever tries to force us to live under their rules, i want to shoot them with their own ammo.
the other would be .22lr for small game.

5.56 and 300 PRC

4608image (1)~2.jpg

My choices would be 7mm Rem Mag for the range and 28 Nosler for hunting. But I’d also be okay with 7mm Rem Mag for both.

If you could own only 2 caliber rifles, 1 for hunting the other for range what would they be and why?
.22 and .308. Even during the darkest time of the empty bullet shelves, I was still able to scare up bullets. I decided long ago to concentrate on NATO standards and, to a lesser degree, their variants simply because of S.H.T.F. reasons. I considered it to be more likely to be able to get those somewhere. That doesn't mean I don't have others. I just concentrate on those.

22lr for pest control and practice

308 because an AR10 is a battle rifle that hunts just fine.

If I’m Interpreting the OP’s question correctly, he’s asking about what two calibers not necessarily what two cartridges.

If so, multiple .30 and .223 rifles cover all the bases except anti material.

That said, .50 cal as well (there’s always room for one more).

Reactions: The D
If I’m Interpreting the OP’s question correctly, he’s asking about what two calibers not necessarily what two cartridges.

If so, multiple .30 and .223 rifles cover all the bases except anti material.

That said, .50 cal as well (there’s always room for one more).
Kinda surprised no one went with this, as it is what he stated:

I can't do it. Lets be reasonable make it at least 10.

• Haha
Reactions: Balor
7-08 and 7rem mag

My choices would be 7mm Rem Mag for the range and 28 Nosler for hunting. But I’d also be okay with 7mm Rem Mag for both.

Sarcasm font/
Amazingly, a second contest has broken out for the title of smallest gun-knowledge-apocalyptic-insight-nerd-penis-equivalent, and these two guys have locked horns! Wow! It’s neck and neck, but @Chargerguy might have set the bar unreachably low by choosing two cases that are within 15% of identical capacity.
Sarcasm font/

I’m totally playing, fine answers.

Reactions: Chargerguy
Heads up @Billdoe708 and @Chargerguy , I came to play.

I choose 22lr and 22lr because:
If this scenario is happening, noise will matter.
Zombies don’t require much penetration.
Ammo to fight for days in my pack, years in my truck.
I’ve seen Walking Dead, I’m dual wielding _full stop

Sarcasm font/
Amazingly, a second contest has broken out for the title of smallest gun-knowledge-apocalyptic-insight-nerd-penis-equivalent, and these two guys have locked horns! Wow! It’s neck and neck, but @Chargerguy might have set the bar unreachably low by choosing two cases that are within 15% of identical capacity.
Sarcasm font/

I’m totally playing, fine answers.
Lol, I love my 7s. I ventured away from my 7RMs and went down a 28 Nosler rabbit hole just to find the 7 Rem mag was all I needed. But now I have loads of brass and a couple barrels so I’ll shoot them out. Having fun launching 3340fps 150gn TTSXs at critters. Kills them deader than a 7 Rem mag!

Reactions: jakelly
.22lr and .308 - love my Vudoo and with that you could have the same setup /chassis
Ammo is readily available with lots of choices

Genuine question: what base are you wanting to cover with a 300 Norma Mag?

Other than "the enemy base", that is ... :)
.223 for Deer and Below hunting. Also for shooting out to about 800 on PRS type targets. .223 is still king for 2 legged hunting and fighting inside 300m.

300NM for game larger than Deer and shooting out past a mile.

Reactions: Balor
If I could only own two caliber rifles. I would own a .25 GT, a 250 Savage, a fast twist .25-06 and what the heck, a nice .257 Weatherby. For my second rifle caliber, I would probably own a neat little .357 Marlin 1894, a nice little Remington 600 in .35 Remington, a good .35 Whelen Bolt and if I had money to jsut throw away, a .358 Norma Magnum or possibly a .350 Remington Magnum in a 660 Remington. So, two calibers, .25’s and 35’s.

Alternative would be the 6mm family and the .375 family.

As far as owning only two rifles with a different round…Why even consider?