• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you were buying a gun today...

Literally any gun at all? MG-34 or -42.

But a Mk 11 Mod 0 SR-25 would be nice, too.

If I had to start from scratch, I would buy a PSA AR pistol (5.56mm or 300 B.O.) and buy all the ammo I could scrounge with the savings. jmho. Mac(y)

Reactions: adubeau
I need some feedback for future store orders:

Let’s say you were in the market for a new firearm. Rifle, shotgun, handgun. You have $1,500.
If you walked into a gun shop, and they had any gun you wanted on the shelf for under $1,500, what would you buy?

Would you buy one nice $1,500 gun? Would you buy three $500 guns?

Make, model, and caliber would be helpful. I’m taking over ordering and allocation for firearms for a new “outdoor store”.

Personally, I’d spend $1,500 on a Savage 110 Elite Precision in 6.5 creedmoor or a new Benelli Córdoba in 12 gauge.
If I wanted more than 1 gun, I’d buy 2 HK VP9’s in 9mm.

I appreciate your feedback.

Perhaps you could be a little more specific.
Are you a store owner trying to figure out what you should stock that would be popular with customers?
Are you an actual new gun owner that doesn't already have enough stuff?
Are you relatively new and trying to get information for friends / family on what to purchase?

If you are a store owner, I'd suggest getting semi-auto pistols in 9mm if you can, that are decent and can sell around the $500 to $600 range and make sure to set aside enough ammunition to offer those purchasing them like 100 rounds to purchase.
In short, Glocks, SIG P320, Ruger, HK VP9, SIG P365 etc.

If I had to start from scratch, I would buy a PSA AR pistol (5.56mm or 300 B.O.) and buy all the ammo I could scrounge with the savings. jmho. Mac(y)

Idk, im sort of regretting, second thoughting 300BO. But hey, can trow a 556 upper on it, so all good :)

Reactions: 10ring'r
I have an AR and can't shoot it much because I can't get affordable ammo and I'm accurate as I am going to get with it without situational training or tons of acres to set up steel on and what not. I do like Bergara Premier rifles and those are about $1500 so... I'd probably get one in 300 Win Mag since that's a cartridge I'd like to have. Overall though, I have all the rifles and handguns I need. Frankly I'd probably take that $1,500 and spend it on ammo (if I was going to spend it on gun-related stuff).

Literally any gun at all? MG-34 or -42.

But a Mk 11 Mod 0 SR-25 would be nice, too.

Hell yea, just got to get the OP to give us more money to work with!

MG42, 100k rounds, truck load of spare barrels.

Also second the Mk11 Mod 0 - still my favorite SR25 variant ever (K1 is close second).

Com'n you guys. And I wasn't even a jarhead.
ermie.jpg

My Dad has that head ache right now.

Sig 320's & 365's

Anything Glock

Any sub $800 AR

870's and 500's.

Ruger american rifles and TC compass rifles. They sell about 3:1 vs the Bergara and Browning with the $400 vs $800 price tag.

Loads of <$250 3-9/4-12 scopes.

Chey Tac M 200 Intervention in 375 caliber.

Specifications:
  • Action Type: CheyTac Long Action w/40 MOA Base
  • Effective Range: 2500+ Yards
  • Caliber: .408 or .375 CheyTac®
  • Sub MOA
  • Overall Length: 56 inches
  • Interchangeable Barrels:
    29” .408 Cal Twist 1:10
    29” .375 Cal Twist 1:9.5
  • Weight: 31 lbs
  • Stock: retractable
  • Trigger: Timney Elite Hunter 1.5-4lb adjustable
  • Custom Case included with one (1) magazine
  • NSN: 1-005-01-515-5774
For $1,500...please let me know where

LGS has sold a lot of Taurus G2C's, G3C's and G3's to people looking for affordable protection. I bought a G3 just to see what it was like and have been pleasantly surprised. I'm sure, at the price it probably won't last as long as pricier offerings, but it's been reliable and reasonably accurate. I'm guessing a lot of folks just now buying a pistol won't be putting thousands of rounds through them.

Reactions: nikonNUT
If you are good, you will stock stuff that appeals to the el cheapo customer and stuff that appeals to the high end guy who knows his stuff.
Things that hit both categories, like Tikka rifles and good stripped AR lowers are always a win.

Keep your accessories high quality. You have no idea how hard it is to find a good quality part locally when you need one in a hurry.

Reactions: adubeau