• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ignorant on Corona

krw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2004
Arkansas
Sometimes I think I’m smarter than lots of others just because I realize how ignorant I am on some topics and hopefully know when to keep my mouth shut. But. How many people were affected by the Flu in the US during the 19-20 Flu season? How many died? It is deadly like the Flu on older people and people that already have existing health issues. Now here is where my ignorance comes in. Why is Corona worse than the Flu season??
Next year if a vaccine is made, will everyone take a Corona shot and life will be back to normal??

The Flu is the devil we know, Corona is the devil we don’t know. Uncertainty leads to anxiety. If it turns out ok, normal will return.

Sometimes I think I’m smarter than lots of others just because I realize how ignorant I am on some topics and hopefully know when to keep my mouth shut. But. How many people were affected by the Flu in the US during the 19-20 Flu season? How many died? It is deadly like the Flu on older people and people that already have existing health issues. Now here is where my ignorance comes in. Why is Corona worse than the Flu season??
Next year if a vaccine is made, will everyone take a Corona shot and life will be back to normal??

Currently the biggest issue seems to be the hospitalization rate, the normal flu is something like 2% while this currently is around 20%. The higher the hospitalization rate, the greater the impact as it takes far fewer cases to overload the healthcare system. When that happens it takes typically manageable cases and either increases the severity or turns them deadly.

Reactions: Seymour Fish
Personally, Im taking it to be another flu. I dont want corona virus. I dont want the flu. Fuck, I dont even want a common cold. They all suck.

But, having said that, are we all just going to live in a bunker and never step outside again? Never attend a sporting event, a concert or anything with other people around? Im sure as hell not.
Id rather die doing the things I love to do, rather than grow old looking at walls.

Im not sure on most of the numbers we keep getting. We dont have a clear picture of the data yet.

I believe they are either inflated or from panic. And I think this is really bad for older folks, the immunocompromised, and those with significant comorbids.

I also say this about most medical research and numbers I see.

And I make numbers “work” for medicine. Different idea, and I work on the numbers all the time.
Always to improve things for patients and the hospital/system, to sense patterns, etc.

I also know of other hospitals who do some very janky business to make their numbers look the way they do.

They will figure out a vaccine.

Then China will use their labs to mutate this crap again....

Reactions: Supersubes
The rate of death for people that contract is much higher than seasonal flu.

Because of the lack of testing, and many people getting it and beating it without seeing a doctor, it's impossible to make that claim yet.

But we should keep repeating these false stats so everyone will start taking it super seriouser than they have been

The statistics are hugely skewed to be more dramatic (which suits both the media and big government just fine) due to the lack of actual widespread testing being done.

In countries like SK where they did very widespread testing, the statistics are much less "scary".

The problem of course is if we here start doing widespread testing for everyone the sheep will now freak the hell out about how many actually may have it, even if for most it's about the same as a normal who cares flu.

The news media loves to hype everything to the max and of course once the hype gets started the government can't resist the whole "just turn over your freedoms and we'll save you from the monster". They may not even ask you to turn over your freedoms, just simply to give them your silent consent as they run roughshod over everyone's freedoms with impunity for "the common good".

Because of the lack of testing, and many people getting it and beating it without seeing a doctor, it's impossible to make that claim yet.

But we should keep repeating these false stats so everyone will start taking it super seriouser than they have been
Then the official rate of death for seasonal flu is also false because we don't know how many Americans get it every year. I'm comparing apples to apples.

The statistics are hugely skewed to be more dramatic (which suits both the media and big government just fine) due to the lack of actual widespread testing being done.

In countries like SK where they did very widespread testing, the statistics are much less "scary".

The problem of course is if we here start doing widespread testing for everyone the sheep will now freak the hell out about how many actually may have it, even if for most it's about the same as a normal who cares flu.

The news media loves to hype everything to the max and of course once the hype gets started the government can't resist the whole "just turn over your freedoms and we'll save you from the monster". They may not even ask you to turn over your freedoms, just simply to give them your silent consent as they run roughshod over everyone's freedoms with impunity for "the common good".

People should read reports about how long the virus remains on hard and soft surfaces. Up to 9 days on hard surfaces.

Thousands if not tens of thousands, are likely infected at this point.

Last edited:
Most deaths in the U.S. so far have all taken place in Washington state at that one old folks home, like 30 plus deaths. If you remove that group of elderly people from the mix there has been very few fatalities.

In the end whole of developed world going nuts over COVID19 is not down to your elections in November , no one gives a fuck . So the claim that its about elections and Trump is wishfull thinking.

Would you be more satisfied with the description that more people who present symptoms die from it?

Would you be more satisfied with the description that more people who present symptoms die from it?

To answer, I will need to know how many people have presented symptoms thus far?

this is similar to H1N1 or swine flu, the difference being the deep state and fake news media want to use it to destroy trump and his supporters.

I think it quite different. Person can be carrier even the symptom is not show. Like you still didn't know you been infected but you already can diffuse the virus to other people already.

That why it can spread very quickly than other flu.

Biggest key -19 symptoms alone are high fever, coughing/shortness of breath.
Flu has those including body aches and pain. That's the key takeaways I have learned.
When you have a high fever, coughing/shortness of breath with no body aches and pain you might want to get tested.

Italian deaths @ 6.8% currently. That is not the onset of a flu season.

And how many italians have confirmed cases?

Vs

And how many have been tested?

Vs

How many had symptoms but were mild so didnt report?

All im saying is you could be right, but there is insufficient data without knowing how many are actually infected or have been infected.

ETA: How is the morbidity rate of the flu calculated?

Last edited:
Reactions: 308220 and wade2big
I think it quite different. Person can be carrier even the symptom is not show. Like you still didn't know you been infected but you already can diffuse the virus to other people already.

That why it can spread very quickly than other flu.

People should read reports about how long the virus remains on hard and soft surfaces. 2 weeks on many hard surfaces, up to 10 days on soft surfaces.

You have a source for this? It runs counter to everything I've seen published.

Reactions: powdahound76
And how many italians have confirmed cases?

Vs

And how many have been tested?

Vs

How many had symptoms but were mild so didnt report?

All im saying is you could be right, but there is insufficient data without knowing how many are actually infected or have been infected.

ETA:

Its like saying we are only going to count confirmed cases of the flu and the percentage of flu deaths.

So tell me, how do they calculate the morbidity rate of the flu?

Maybe its best not to feed our normalcy bias at this point on stats but instead actual impact?

So I am somewhat of agreement on the stats thing, but not leaning towards condition green with regards to actual impact.

I don't think the good Dr has reason to lie about the behavior of the virus and is probably in a better position to make an evaluation than any of us.

i think that cruise ship with a bunch of japanese onboard would be a good example of how deadly it is, in a somewhat controlled environment.

Of the 705 passengers who tested positive for the virus on the Diamond Princess, six died -- which is a death rate of less than 1%. All of the patients who died onboard were more than 70 years old.

You have a source for this? It runs counter to everything I've seen published.

My apologies. Its 9 days on hard surfaces.

Will edit.

don't forget how sick these people are, and don't underestimate what they will do to escape scrutiny and justice.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Maybe its best not to feed our normalcy bias at this point on stats but instead actual impact?

So I am somewhat of agreement on the stats thing, but not leaning towards condition green with regards to actual impact.

We actually agree more than disagree.

Believe me, i am OCD and have a touch of autism. So yeah I agree that it could get bad, very, very bad.

But I caution throwing any numbers out at this point. I have remained a "lets wait and see" because thats the only way the "facts" and numbers will be revealed.

My apologies. Its 9 days on hard surfaces.

Will edit.

That article was published last month and last updated 11 days ago. It's also completely speculative, based off "other" coronaviruses and not Covid-19. It's also from Fox News, whose own medical experts are on their channel daily giving very different answers now. Here's an actual study done on Covid-19. The article summarizes the findings but there is a link to the actual study. Also, remember that there is a difference between how long a virus can "survive" on surfaces, and how long it remains infective. Usually they become too weak to be infective much sooner than they actually die. Having said all that, there is still a lot about it we just don't know yet.

It transmits more easily than flu, transmitted by people showing no symptoms and is approx 10x more deadly. I suggest not getting it.
Nobody knows this. This is nothing but speculation and scare tactics. They are making up statistics as they go along and many are buying in. Not me.

A statistically irrelevant amount of people have been tested. They aren’t even testing people unless they are symptomatic. A state governor (don’t remember which) stated that they expect 100,000 people are walking around infected in her state alone (another made up statistic). Just taking her word and adding these infected symptom free people to the fake numbers already being touted, blows the 1% fatality rate out the water. It’s all made up guys. The numbers anyhow. Sheep

This link from a source that’s actively part of the solution. Could be others, but this is an option.
The reality is the panic is worse than the actual virus warrants.

Keep your math hygiene on point and you’ll see the hype is worse than the attack.

My BIG question is this...

Why arent people falling over dead left and right in the major cities? Shouldnt these things effect major cities first? Especially since it came here via airplanes. Major cities like Chicago/LA/NYC are the pipelines for it. Shouldnt these big cities have piles of bodies? And infection rates through the roof?

Japan would like a word with that guy lol

Nobody knows this. This is nothing but speculation and scare tactics. They are making up statistics as they go along and many are buying in. Not me.

A statistically irrelevant amount of people have been tested. They aren’t even testing people unless they are symptomatic. A state governor (don’t remember which) stated that they expect 100,000 people are walking around infected in her state alone (another made up statistic). Just taking her word and adding these infected symptom free people to the fake numbers already being touted, blows the 1% fatality rate out the water. It’s all made up guys. The numbers anyhow. Sheep
How many times have you had the flu and how many times have you had a dr test you positive for flu.

People are loosing their minds over this. Some think it's the end of the world and some think it's nothing. They ate both wrong.

Reactions: OldSalty
My BIG question is this...

Why arent people falling over dead left and right in the major cities? Shouldnt these things effect major cities first? Especially since it came here via airplanes. Major cities like Chicago/LA/NYC are the pipelines for it. Shouldnt these big cities have piles of bodies? And infection rates through the roof?
Give it time, it just got going. Say what you want I don't think it's a joke and at 65 yrs old I not excited to get it.

Its just a BIG coincidence this hit the airwaves shortly after Trump was acquitted. No way they would have ran with this during his “trial”.

Im just saying, this whole thing STINKS.

Reactions: Topstrap
How many times have you had the flu and how many times have you had a dr test you positive for flu.

People are loosing their minds over this. Some think it's the end of the world and some think it's nothing. They ate both wrong.
I never had the flu. Knock on wood.....
You proved my point with this statement though. How can they possibly have relevant statistics on a virus that they have no clue how many people have had and gotten over it or have it now that haven't been tested.

Its just a BIG coincidence this hit the airwaves shortly after Trump was acquitted. No way they would have ran with this during his “trial”.

Im just saying, this whole thing STINKS.
Fox brought it up during the trial. Tucker Carlson in particular has been saying since January that the Chinese are hiding something and he criticized the media for not covering it. He brought this up many times

Japan would like a word with that guy lol

Japan has nowhere near the infection rate Italy has. I have no idea if there is truth to it, but I had read somewhere that many Italian leather factories had sold out to China and were flying workers in direct from Wuhan.

Japan has nowhere near the infection rate Italy has. I have no idea if there is truth to it, but I had read somewhere that many Italian leather factories had sold out to China and were flying workers in direct from Wuhan.

lol read the title of the video

Corona Ebola.jpg

Did someone speculate on this virus's viability outside the body?

I've currently got an email waiting for me in my work email, I've not read it yet but one of my minions gave me a summary.
My business puts me at the "butt of the spear" or more precisely at the butt hole.
Best I can tell with the summary is....wash your hands, don't get poop water in your mouth. In my line of work....well, you already know that shit. Short answer: They don't have a frigging clue how long it is viable. I'm just concerned about wastewater viability right now. Hep B and C are tougher than woodpecker lips.
This brings me to a thought....
No one knows for sure if this is engineered. If it is engineered, it's possible it has some engineered "toughness".

I'm not a virologist, but I'm damn sure heavily qualified to issue a warning about pathogens.
Don't let your little germ factories lick handrails.
Wash your frigging hands before you eat.
Assume every public (and pubic surface) are teeming with itsy bitsy creepy crawlies.
Wash your fucking hands.
Don't fling your poop, no matter how fun it is.
No playing vampire games.

I've been in a shitty business for over 30 years, over 35 if you count me running a K1500 when I was a young teen. I reckon that damn sure counts.

All this tough guy talk of not washing your hands, eating dirt, going barefoot to tempt hookworm. That's all real tough, but not real smart. It's the reason we have vaccines. Being dirty is how people used to get typhoid, dysentery, polio, smallpox, cholera, etc.
Good hygiene, and clean water, is THE best line of defense against pathogens.