• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ilion weeps

tenor (12).gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
"It's for the children..."

Gee, I wonder what could have been done, for 'the people' to have kept their industry, let alone.... 'jobs'?

Progress, and "the worlds a better place now"... that's what they're saying, right?

Cuomo, fuck him. Gave Elon Musk 850,000,000 to create 3 jobs. For a tiny part of that he could have kept Remington going for another hundred years.

Fuck Cuomo is right... the "Buffalo Billion" Diverdon talks about is a little hyperbolic, but not by much. The guy is going to end up with the highest COVID death count, and he's celebrating as if he came up with the vaccine himself. Won't wear a mask in public but threatens you to or else fines. Won't keep the national guard on standby for riotors, but will post them at airports to enforce ridiculous and ineffective quarantine laws.

I'm 100% TF out of this libtard state as soon as my wife and I are done with IVF...

No doubt Cuomo sucks, but Remington is a victim of their own stupidity and shittyness lo these last 40 something years.

It was failure by them before Cerberus and way before sand hook.

Sorry, that's just how it is. I could list about a dozen stupid decisions that led to their multiple bankruptcies. Triangle barrels, anyone? Buying AAC and destroying their production quality? I could go on and on...

Reactions: Bender
Agreed. They had poor management and it's not the NYS Governments fault they are gone. Unfortunately, it's not the hourly workers in Ilion's fault either. Remington dug their own grave and were in the wrong state to ask for help digging out.

In reality, even if they were in Texas, it probably just would have delayed the inevitable. Corporations can't survive without great leadership and grooming. One poor CEO/BOD can ruin the best of businesses in short order.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
New York State got the gun manufacturing company it deserved. Not that the new ownership is listening, but I won’t purchase another big green product if they continue manufacturing there.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Fixed it for you....

I don't think you fixed it... added another possibility maybe, but when I say "Poor" I don't mean economic status... I mean, lackluster, incapable, inept, of poor performance... that could certainly include someone who performs poorly for the corporation due to any number of reasons, self-service included. There's been a number of Remington CEOs who've been "Poor" in terms of performance, with numerous causes...

It's tough to be greedy/corrupt long term if you run a business into the ground. You typically don't move on to bigger/better if that's the reputation you build.