• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Illegal Immigrant Sex

Duc

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2007
NE. Illinios
Sex With an Illegal Immigrant - -

An illegal immigrant picks up a hooker. "Hey, how much you charge for DA hour, sister?" he asks. "$100," she replies.

In broken English, he says, "Do you do immigrant style?"

"No" she says.

"I pay you $200 to do immigrant style."

"No," she says, not knowing what immigrant style is.

"I pay you $300."

"No," she says.

"I pay you $400."

"No," she says.

So finally he says, "OK, I pay $1,000 to do immigrant style."

She thinks, "Well, I've been in the game for over 10 years now. I've had every kind of request from weirdos from every part of the world. How bad could immigrant style be?"

So she agrees and has sex with him. Finally, after several hours, they finish. Exhausted, the hooker turns to him and says, "Hey, I was expecting something perverted and disgusting. But that was good. So, what exactly is immigrant style?"

The illegal immigrant replies, "You send bill to Government."

AND THAT MY FRIENDLY TAXPAYERS, IS EXACTLY HOW THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ARE SCREWING US

Re: Illegal Immigrant Sex

$5000 reward on the illegals and they would be gone in an hr !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308longshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">funny yet true</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Six Five Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sad, but true!</div></div>

How is that in any way true?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308longshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">funny yet true</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Six Five Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sad, but true!</div></div>

How is that in any way true? </div></div>
The true part is the Government paying them. Examples are welfare, food stamps, car repairs, medical, etc.

You left out free education and additional police and prisons needed.

Until all the freebies are cut off the illegals will keep coming (and will destroy America just like their 3rd world rat holes).

Illegal immigrants aren't eligible for welfare.

Car repair?

http://blogs.chron.com/immigration/archives/2008/01/post_80.html
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By:
http://blogs.chron.com/immigration/archives/2008/01/post_80.html</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
MYTH #3: The nation spends billions of dollars on welfare for undocumented immigrants.

FACTS: To the contrary, undocumented immigrants are not eligible to receive any "welfare" benefits and even legal immigrants are severely restricted in the benefits they can receive.

As the Congressional Research Service points out in a 2007 report, undocumented immigrants, who comprise nearly one-third of all immigrants in the country, are not eligible to receive public "welfare" benefits -- ever.

Legal permanent residents (LPRs) must pay into the Social Security and Medicare systems for approximately 10 years
before they are eligible to receive benefits when they retire. In most cases, LPRs can not receive SSI, which is available only to U.S. citizens, and are not eligible for means-tested public benefits until 5 years after receiving their green cards.

A 2007 analysis of welfare data by researchers at the Urban Institute reveals that less than 1 percent of households headed by undocumented immigrants receive cash assistance for needy families, compared to 5 percent of households headed by native-born U.S. citizens.

A 2007 analysis of U.S. Census data by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities makes clear that it is the U.S.-born, U.S.-citizen children of undocumented immigrants who are eligible for programs such as Medicaid and the State Children's Health Insurance Program
(SCHIP). The analysis found that, between 1995 and 2005, the share of low-income, non- citizen immigrant children (either undocumented or legally present) who received Medicaid or SCHIP dropped from 36 percent to 30 percent.
</div></div>

I have to assume that the folks that wrote that article have never heard, nor seen fake ID's (DL, SS Cards, Birth Certs).

I'll have to see if I can find the article from the L.A. Times showing how much financial damage illegals do to their state budget. (In full disclosure, for those who are uninformed, the L.A. Times is an integral part of the uber Right-wing extremist conspiracy machine)
wink.gif

You mean so if an illegal goes into the FREE SHIT office and admits to being illegal, they won't give them anything.....awesome!!!!

That must be exactly the way it goes down.....

oh and BTW....the OP's post is a joke...get over yourself

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
oh and BTW....the OP's post is a joke...get over yourself</div></div>

Yeah, that I figured out, it was the comments following about how true it was that confused me. I couldn't find a punch line.

Anyway, we now return you to your regularly scheduled xenophobia.

I agree with you Ratbert that Illegal immigrants are not eligible for welfare. They do not state there status when asked. There are millions here in Kalifornia. There are thousands upon thousands in my city alone. It isn't a secret. Even the ones with money driving MB suv's get there free mediCAL, section 8, food stamps, WIC, etc. It is "ONE" of the many things that is destroying this state.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Illegal immigrants aren't eligible for welfare.

Car repair?

http://blogs.chron.com/immigration/archives/2008/01/post_80.html
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By:
http://blogs.chron.com/immigration/archives/2008/01/post_80.html</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
MYTH #3: The nation spends billions of dollars on welfare for undocumented immigrants.

FACTS: To the contrary, undocumented immigrants are not eligible to receive any "welfare" benefits and even legal immigrants are severely restricted in the benefits they can receive.

As the Congressional Research Service points out in a 2007 report, undocumented immigrants, who comprise nearly one-third of all immigrants in the country, are not eligible to receive public "welfare" benefits -- ever.

Legal permanent residents (LPRs) must pay into the Social Security and Medicare systems for approximately 10 years
before they are eligible to receive benefits when they retire. In most cases, LPRs can not receive SSI, which is available only to U.S. citizens, and are not eligible for means-tested public benefits until 5 years after receiving their green cards.

A 2007 analysis of welfare data by researchers at the Urban Institute reveals that less than 1 percent of households headed by undocumented immigrants receive cash assistance for needy families, compared to 5 percent of households headed by native-born U.S. citizens.

A 2007 analysis of U.S. Census data by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities makes clear that it is the U.S.-born, U.S.-citizen children of undocumented immigrants who are eligible for programs such as Medicaid and the State Children's Health Insurance Program
(SCHIP). The analysis found that, between 1995 and 2005, the share of low-income, non- citizen immigrant children (either undocumented or legally present) who received Medicaid or SCHIP dropped from 36 percent to 30 percent.
</div></div>

</div></div>

Also I wonder how many of the 30 guys hanging out in front of 711 this morning, waiting to get picked up file their taxes? How could you NOT be pissed off when you pay $30,000 in income taxes alone, and someone else is not only getting all pay under the table but can occasion scam their way into reaping America's benefits.

With as fast as the hispanic population is growing in america (not to pick on one sector, just using the example) there are births taking place at U.S. hospitals, that is free births, they dont have insurance, and they sure as hell dont have the $20,000 to pay the bill for a natural birth. Hell C-section, throw in ten more G's!
I suppose out of sight, out of mind for some....

Edit- Funny joke, it never gets old!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JML403</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also I wonder how many of the 30 guys hanging out in front of 711 this morning, waiting to get picked up file their taxes? How could you NOT be pissed off when you pay $30,000 in income taxes alone, and someone else is not only getting all pay under the table but can occasion scam their way into reaping America's benefits.
</div></div>

Don't have to be an illegal immigrant to be a tax dodge. But, as someone who pays twice what you do in income taxes I look at those people and feel no malice at all. Because I live in a nice house in a nice neighborhood with plenty of room to share with my small family and they live in a tiny little apartment in a dodgy part of town with who knows how many roommates. And I sit behind a desk each day and earn a stable paycheck for just tippy tapping on a keyboard while they're just HOPING that they'll have the chance each day to go out and bust their butt hanging drywall or carting bags of cement around a site. And when I'm hungry I have a nearly limitless supply of food available to me, much of it produced by the labor of nomadic workers in some way, while they must carefully consider how much of their limited income they spend on each meal because they probably aren't certain if/when they'll have money for the next. And I have the freedom to pick up and travel pretty much anywhere in the world in relative luxory and upon arrival I will on average be treated as well or better than the local citizenry of my destination. A quick trip across the country to visit grandma is no big deal at all. Whereas many of these people are thousands of miles from home, have struggled and suffered to get where they are, have almost no hope of getting to return or travel elsewhere, and while here are treated as though they are unfit to circulate in our society.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JML403</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
With as fast as the hispanic population is growing in america (not to pick on one sector, just using the example) there are births taking place at U.S. hospitals, that is free births, they dont have insurance, and they sure as hell dont have the $20,000 to pay the bill for a natural birth. Hell C-section, throw in ten more G's!
I suppose out of sight, out of mind for some....
</div></div>

The hospitals and doctors eat the cost for that, not your taxes. And, FYI, it has nothing to do with being illegal. Novat healthcare system, for instance, waves hospital charges for an uninsured family of four earning up to $66,000/year. That covers a lot more people than just those day laborers. Besides, it's a public health issue. It is much better for you to treat these people than just have roving bands of leapers roaming the streets, even if you are the type of person (and to be clear, I'm not saying you are) who has no ethical quandry letting an innocent child die while being born in some back alley because their parents had the bad luck not to be born into middle class white suburbia.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't have to be an illegal immigrant to be a tax dodge. But, as someone who pays twice what you do in income taxes I look at those people and feel no malice at all. Because I live in a nice house in a nice neighborhood with plenty of room to share with my small family and they live in a tiny little apartment in a dodgy part of town with who knows how many roommates. And I sit behind a desk each day and earn a stable paycheck for just tippy tapping on a keyboard while they're just HOPING that they'll have the chance each day to go out and bust their butt hanging drywall or carting bags of cement around a site. And when I'm hungry I have a nearly limitless supply of food available to me, much of it produced by the labor of nomadic workers in some way, while they must carefully consider how much of their limited income they spend on each meal because they probably aren't certain if/when they'll have money for the next. And I have the freedom to pick up and travel pretty much anywhere in the world in relative luxory and upon arrival I will on average be treated as well or better than the local citizenry of my destination. A quick trip across the country to visit grandma is no big deal at all. Whereas many of these people are thousands of miles from home, have struggled and suffered to get where they are, have almost no hope of getting to return or travel elsewhere, and while here are treated as though they are unfit to circulate in our society.
</div></div>

Ok, so you sound like you would be classified "upper class" from the amount of money you make. Thats great! for you.....what about the "other people" that work their asses off for a living and don't make 100+ grand a year? What about the people that work their asses off every day and make 20, 30, or 40k a year AND pay their taxes.

It's a system. You want the benefits of living in a free country, you pay the price. That price is taxes. You don't get to reap the benefits and let every other legal citizen foot the bill for you. That's a load of BS.

And I'm not saying you didn't work your way to where you are now. But maybe you should put yourself back a few years and think about when you were making a lot less moeny. You still paid taxes to work your way up. They can do the same.

I have no sypmathy for law breaking tax evaders. Do things the right way, immigrate LEGALLY, pay taxes, call yourself an American, you'll feel better about yourself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The hospitals and doctors eat the cost for that, not your taxes.</div></div>
Ha, you think the doctors just say to the hospital "oh no it's ok, I don't need a paycheck this week"? That's part of the reason the price of health care keeps going up. Because everyone that PAYS for it is also paying for those who don't.

And part of the reason hospitals are going bankrupt. They are for profit businesses. No profit = closure. Ask Arizona.

uuhhhh, Ratbert....

YOU are paying for births at public hospitals (just like I am). YOU are funding the eduaction of the little lawbreakers in public schools (that don't care about illegal status). YOU are funding additional prisons via taxes paid. By ignoring the issue you are helping to turn America into the 3rd world.

This watering down of America will be our demise. It seems the hispanics simply don't want to assimilate into America (unlike the Europeans of prior generations). They simply want Mexico part II.

Ah, Rat's just trolling
grin.gif

Besides, how often do you get to use "xenophobia" in context on the Hide?

Believe what you want, clearly the idea that those dirty <span style="text-decoration: line-through">irish</span> <span style="text-decoration: line-through">jews</span> hispanics are the root cause of all our problems is important to you. But I've got to say, nationalism just doesn't wear as well here as it does in Europe. Personally, I'm just waiting until INS rounds up all the daughters of the revolution because I've heard not one of their families got a proper work visa before they came here.

You might want to go look up the definition of '3rd world' though. I get the impression you think it means "somewhere not very nice."

Like a swarm of locust they come and feed off the land, giving nothing and taking everything. When they have exhausted the resources of that land, they swarm and move on to the next.

This of course is referring to illegal immigrants and people who don't pay taxes and not any individual ethnic group.

Ratbert, These are new times. The world has been discovered, all lands now have names, they are countries. You can't just migrate wherever you want and claim land as your own anymore. In America as well as most other coutries there are laws. The laws are there for a reason. What would America be if nobody paid taxes, followed rules, abided by laws and so on? It would be anarchy. The system has been set up for a few hundred years and a lot of people have put a lot of thought, sweat, and blood into it. I hear people talk about how the founders of America immigrated "illegally" bla bla bla. They were the original settlers in America, there wasn't even immigration laws yet. America was established and the first immigration laws were set in 1790. So the defense that our anscestors should be rounded up and jailed just doesn't fly. They founded the land and made the rules.

Going by your justification, I could hop over my neighbors fence and set up shop, take a dump on his lawn, and tell him to F-off. obviously the fact that he owns the land and makes the rules on it doesn't go anymore.

I wouldn't say they give nothing...

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=10438

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=10438</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This study finds that increased enforcement and reduced low-skilled immigration have a significant negative impact on the income of U.S. households. Modest savings in public expenditures would be more than offset by losses in economic output and job opportunities for more skilled American workers. A policy that reduces the number of low-skilled immigrant workers by 28.6 percent compared to projected levels would reduce U.S. household welfare by about 0.5 percent, or $80 billion.

In contrast, legalization of low-skilled immigrant workers would yield significant income gains for American workers and households. Legalization would eliminate smugglers' fees and other costs faced by illegal immigrants. It would also allow immigrants to have higher productivity and create more openings for Americans in higherskilled occupations. The positive impact for U.S. households of legalization under an optimal visa tax would be 1.27 percent of GDP or $180 billion.

</div></div>

But the idea of kicking them all out to save on welfare sure is appealing, after all they make up nearly 2% of total usage!

3rd world is not so bad...very simple life. The problems lie in the 2nd and 4th world.

I knew it was only a matter of minutes before someone stated what they do give. And yes, I know they generally are hard workers and they do give, just not things that the law requires, like taxes, or health care if you need it (it's not free).

And You're right, 2% is nothing. And of course, I've never seen skewed numbers when it comes to usage of government funds....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fair US </div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why Are Immigrants On Welfare?
Some people mistakenly think that immigrants are not eligible for welfare. Several years ago, Congress did attempt to render immigrants ineligible for most forms of welfare. However, subsequent backpedaling by Congress and the executive branch has undone most of those reforms. Furthermore, many immigrant families get welfare through the eligibility of their U.S. citizen children. (It is also important to realize that even when immigrants are ineligible for federal welfare programs, the burden of their support is simply shifted over to the state and local welfare agencies.)
</div></div>

there was a local hospital not far from my house that closed down and has been vacant for years now because it was the closest hospital for the mass of illegals that were injured, or caught and wanted to go to the hospital. After millions of dollars that went uncollected it shut its doors. This is not speculation as the hospital literally opened its books to the public to ask for help.

It didn't go out of business because they were illegal, or even legal, immigrants. It went out of business because they were poor and healthcare is expensive. Poor citizens don't pay their hospital bills either. What really need to do is outlaw people being poor.

With all the justification and watering down as to their burden to the US. What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand.

Mechanic I wholeheartedly believe and know the burden they place on Healthcare. I have relatives, both nurses and doctor in Texas hospitals. They wreak financial havoc on hospitals in highly populated Illegal immigrant areas. Somebody else is paying those costs to keep hospitals in business.

I wonder who that is????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With all the justification and watering down as to their burden to the US. What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand.
</div></div>

Apparently it is hard to understand if you believe the word is a strong indicator for welfare or other government assistance out of proportion to the rest of society at large. Just because someone is or isn't illegally in the country says nothing about how hard they work or how much of a drain on society they are. Debate all you want regarding how we should enforce our immigration laws, but this generalization of immigrants as a bunch of lazy freeloaders is ridiculous.

OK Rat, you can pay for the all the ILLEGALS since you think its ok to break the law. We have legal process here and should not REWARD law breakers. So are you saying Cali really isn't going broke? That possibly have of LA county economy is off the books and not taxed? That Dallas schools are not strained by non-English speakers? Wake up.

It really did. To be more specific the border patrol were forced to use that specific hospital as it was the closest for lifeflight and the closest trauma unit to serve the east county all the way to the border of Arizona. So yes it was specifically and geographically bankrupted due to illegal aliens taken to this specific hospital. They now have to go further west where 3 other hospitals that are trauma and lifeflight approved to service the east county. It was a HUGE issue out here that was debated, talked about, and had news print and TV stories about. About 600 people lost their jobs and there was not the concurrent blame about the hospital that you would have expected if it was just mismanagement and or "the rich getting richer"
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It didn't go out of business because they were illegal, or even legal, immigrants. It went out of business because they were poor and healthcare is expensive. Poor citizens don't pay their hospital bills either. What really need to do is outlaw people being poor.

</div></div>

Don't think we need to go there. He is giving his opinion, nothing wrong with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey dumbass oops I mean ratbert you are part of the problem. Just because there is no direct harm to you you cant just let it go we have law and borders for a reason.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey dumbass oops I mean ratbert you are part of the problem. Just because there is no direct harm to you you cant just let it go we have law and borders for a reason.
</div></div>

You're drifting off topic. I was not arguing for or against turning a blind eye to violations of our immigration policy. I was attempting to establish if the notion that immigrants are, as a group, properly characterized as a bunch of lazy freeloaders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey dumbass oops I mean ratbert you are part of the problem. Just because there is no direct harm to you you cant just let it go we have law and borders for a reason.
</div></div>

You're drifting off topic. I was not arguing for or against turning a blind eye to violations of our immigration policy. I was attempting to establish if the notion that immigrants are, as a group, properly characterized as a bunch of lazy freeloaders.

</div></div>

Classy response ratbert. I'm not big on getting caught up in name calling on internet forums (and apperntly you aren't either!), after all, it's just peoples opinions.

There is a very wide range of "hard working or lazy feeloader" with many in between. As to a straight racial profiling (hope I don't get banned for it but here you go. This is for my area that has a large immigration population. several different ranges dealing with Hispanics. Very hard working late 20's to late 50's males usually in the construction, farming, and general low pay high effort work. Hispanic females of the same age group are half and half between very hard working in the farming and hotel or cleaning and food production. Younger hispanic males seem to be MUCH more involved in gang activity and the fast buck not all but a majority. Off to the Arab community I would go with the 30's plus males are Very hard working and the under 30 VERY lazy. The entire female population do not work. I have found that as a whole the hispanic community although there is a very good amount that is hard working is still a small net drain on the community as a whole based on tax revenue generated. The Arab community is an anomaly in that there is a large amount of very hard working tax paying and heavy business oriented people it is a net drain also due to very shady business practices such as most if not all employees are cash under the table or minimum wage with cash under the table as well as using their mates, family, and extended family as a tool to get welfare, section 8 housing, WIC, food stamps etc. I can give more detail on how it is done if you want. As to the Asian community they are also an anomaly in that they have some of the hardest working mofo's I have ever seen and seem to drive there children to the educational extreme as a whole they are a huge financial + for communities. Take it any way you want this is from direct contact, direct dealing with experience. I could go on about the white community also, don't get me started. but most whites are not illegal immigrants. Flame away or if it offends too many just delete the whole thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey dumbass oops I mean ratbert you are part of the problem. Just because there is no direct harm to you you cant just let it go we have law and borders for a reason.
</div></div>

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The hospitals and doctors eat the cost for that, not your taxes. And, FYI, it has nothing to do with being illegal. Novat healthcare system, for instance, waves hospital charges for an uninsured family of four earning up to $66,000/year. That covers a lot more people than just those day laborers. Besides, it's a public health issue. It is much better for you to treat these people than just have roving bands of leapers roaming the streets, even if you are the type of person (and to be clear, I'm not saying you are) who has no ethical quandry letting an innocent child die while being born in some back alley because their parents had the bad luck not to be born into middle class white suburbia. </div></div>

My father is a doc and the notion that it is somehow OK in your passive comment that he, any other doc, hospital or entity should have to "eat the cost" is as misguided and wrong as you are claiming other comments here to be. You're OK with <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> sense of entitlement but not OK with the sense of entitlement an American has and his/her grievances about not having that same deal?

Your notion that birthright is the determining factor on the perceived benefits of heathcare is twisted at best. It is a LEGAL issue not a RACIAL issue. You seem to make it an empathy or emotional issue. Why?

Not only that, you gave your brief explanation of your nice financial (a jab at another member in the form of "I pay more tax than you") and comfortable living arrangements as a basis for you case of how you could be so openminded but in actuality, you make a stronger case for the opposite. Having lived south of our border for many years, I can say with surety that those "3rd world" inhabitants don't feel that they are less and need the help and sympathetic view and soft stance. Mortality rates certainly aren't tied to the number of alleys present (that is a medical personnel training issue among many other things). Those that feel entitled are the ones breaking the law HERE and want to do everything in their power to stay and be the exception to every rule - EXCEPT for actually doing it the right way by going home and getting it done legally. There is a real reason why some FEAR the process of naturalization and you seem to not acknowledge that fact.

Are you going to still feel the same level of empathy if, god forbid, you lost your job and your home and took one of your kids into the hospital and you get the bill from EVERY single person that even walked into the room at the hospital and the illegal in the next room with the SAME issues gets their bills waived?

The current situation that the US has created by not having a hardline deportation stance has created a dependency that is breeding hostility and entitlement by those who would take everything without offering anything other than that of a days labor. No assimilation, no learning the language - hell, we still call everyone (insert ethnicity)_____American instead of just plain American. Don't you see that there is a direct link between the economy's health and the number of illegals coming into this country?

There are many American men and women who are here legally or or are fortunate enough to be born American (not talking about "anchor babies" here), who, as you pointed out, are poor and unemployed but also who just want to provide a better life for themselves and their family.

It is my opinion that they should be first in line to receive any and all benefit of healthcare and labor in this country.

end rant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
smokshwn said:
Anyway, we now return you to your regularly scheduled xenophobia.

</div></div>

Not until you give a logical explanation of how opposition to <span style="font-style: italic">illegal</span> immigration automatically connotes xenophobia.

You've got some issues to work out, dude. Good luck with that.

Well, I've never taken part in one of these intellectual coversations/debates on the hide before but, the time seams to be right as I just had a face to face conversation with Denny Rehberg Montana state representate in the US House and arch emnemy of California rep Pelosi. Being in the minority in the house his only power to control her out-of-control spending in her own state well as the USA, he stops and stalls approval of her spending requests as he is a ranking member of the house finance commitee. During our conversation ILLEGAL immigration came up as a major reason for Californias Near bankrupt condition right now. You see, Nancy wants to take care of her consituants. Yes I did say constituants because they are counted in the US census and afforded representation as such. In other words they are her constituants and she will give them whatever they want to keep her base Happy and herself in office. The downside to this is that now California is paying out more in subsidies and social programs than it can take in with taxes. This while they have some of the highest total taxes in the country. Do you see a problem with this? I hpoe so because it's oly going to grow as we have No border control and life is much better here than there. I have compasion for the mexican people but we don't have the esources to fix Mexico. All we will do is bankrupt ourselves trying. We need to secure the border and figure out a way make ILLEGALS go through a system to become tax paying citizens and return all that refuse or all in Big trouble. Thats my $.02

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Duc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sex With an Illegal Immigrant - -</div></div>

Interesting you guys went Hispanic in this thread. I thought the original joke was about Canadians
blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Duc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Interesting you guys went Hispanic in this thread. I thought the original joke was about Canadians
blush.gif
</div></div>

I can see both sides of the argument and have seen both sides first hand. I would like to know whrre my free shit is at for a change.
laugh.gif

Just a couple notes here:

1. People's rhetoric on immigration often sounds a lot like xenophobia. The same arguments many are using about illegal Hispanic immigrants were used about the Irish, Jewish, and Chinese immigrants of yesteryear. You look at some of white power groups out there and they are using some of the exact same hyperbolic arguments that are being espoused above. That is fairly poor company to keep.

2. Cato research > Fair US research. Granted, everyone is welcome to pick and choose the arguments that support their perspective, but this debate is far more complex than people are making it out to be. I think its unwise to ignore research that contradicts your perspective.

Ratbert and I both live in North Carolina. Illegal immigrants do an ENORMOUS amount of work here in agriculture and the meat packing industry. If you want to have a bigger crackdown on illegal immigrants, that's fine. All I ask is that you hammer the businesses that hire illegals every bit as much as you hammer the illegal immigrants that work there. If the government made the punishment for hiring illegals much more harsh, demand would likely shift back to hiring Americans.

So I pose this question: shouldn't it be just as illegal to HIRE an illegal immigrant as it is TO BE an illegal immigrant? Can any immigration reform be effective without addressing the labor demand side of the equation? Our current immigration policy resembles punishing drug users and not drug dealers while both share equal responsibility for the problem. I'm all for immigration reform, but only by addressing both sides of the supply/demand equation will we begin to ameliorate the problems that arise from illegal immigration.

By the way, descending into name calling only undermines your own credibility in this debate. "Dumbass"? Really? Are we in middle school again?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I pose this question: shouldn't it be just as illegal to HIRE an illegal immigrant as it is TO BE an illegal immigrant?</div></div>

No.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Duc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

blush.gif
</div></div>

It actually didn't turn hispanic until Ratbert made the ASSumption from his ivory tower that us xenophobes were limiting our anger at ILLEGAL immigration to just the messican's. How incredibly closed minded of him
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emorse4487</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I pose this question: shouldn't it be just as illegal to HIRE an illegal immigrant as it is TO BE an illegal immigrant?</div></div>

No. </div></div>

Please explain why.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
My father is a doc and the notion that it is somehow OK in your passive comment that he, any other doc, hospital or entity should have to "eat the cost" is as misguided and wrong as you are claiming other comments here to be. You're OK with <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> sense of entitlement but not OK with the sense of entitlement an American has and his/her grievances about not having that same deal?

Your notion that birthright is the determining factor on the perceived benefits of heathcare is twisted at best. It is a LEGAL issue not a RACIAL issue. You seem to make it an empathy or emotional issue. Why?

Not only that, you gave your brief explanation of your nice financial (a jab at another member in the form of "I pay more tax than you") and comfortable living arrangements as a basis for you case of how you could be so openminded but in actuality, you make a stronger case for the opposite. Having lived south of our border for many years, I can say with surety that those "3rd world" inhabitants don't feel that they are less and need the help and sympathetic view and soft stance. Mortality rates certainly aren't tied to the number of alleys present (that is a medical personnel training issue among many other things). Those that feel entitled are the ones breaking the law HERE and want to do everything in their power to stay and be the exception to every rule - EXCEPT for actually doing it the right way by going home and getting it done legally. There is a real reason why some FEAR the process of naturalization and you seem to not acknowledge that fact.

Are you going to still feel the same level of empathy if, god forbid, you lost your job and your home and took one of your kids into the hospital and you get the bill from EVERY single person that even walked into the room at the hospital and the illegal in the next room with the SAME issues gets their bills waived?

The current situation that the US has created by not having a hardline deportation stance has created a dependency that is breeding hostility and entitlement by those who would take everything without offering anything other than that of a days labor. No assimilation, no learning the language - hell, we still call everyone (insert ethnicity)_____American instead of just plain American. Don't you see that there is a direct link between the economy's health and the number of illegals coming into this country?

There are many American men and women who are here legally or or are fortunate enough to be born American (not talking about "anchor babies" here), who, as you pointed out, are poor and unemployed but also who just want to provide a better life for themselves and their family.

It is my opinion that they should be first in line to receive any and all benefit of healthcare and labor in this country.

end rant.</div></div>

A bit rambling, but I'll attempt to reply where explanation of my statement seems warranted. At that point I feel I've said my peace, I could continue to respond to the seemingly endless stream of people who wander in here who take exception to my view (or some tangential aspect of the topic) but it would sway neither party so it really is pointless and this is the last you'll hear from me on this.

First, my wife is a doc too so no I'm not happy about the fact that she often has to get up @ 3 am to go visit a patient (immigrant or otherwise, usually otherwise) in the hospital whom she knows will never pay her. My statement regarding who is having to swallow those costs was not intended as a tacit approval of the situation. It was an attempt to point out that unless you were a doc or a MAJOR owner of a healthcare system then you sound kind of silly whining about the cost of treating the indigent.

My description of sympathy for day laborers was not intended to imply that they needed or deserved my help, charity, or otherwise. It was a direct response to the previous post describing "How could you NOT be pissed off when you pay $30,000 in income taxes alone, and someone else is not only getting all pay under the table but can occasion scam their way into reaping America's benefits." I described how I could hold no malice for the fact that day laborers probably paid little to no income tax even though I pay quite a bit.

Another thing that keeps us going in circles is that inevitably these arguments runs back to "but it's the law and they're breaking it." Yes, it is the law. And they are breaking it. And I do think the law should be enforced. But what I'm arguing against is the emotional vitriol that is being stirred up within the masses. Enforcement of the law and emotional responses to feeling victimized, especially indirectly, do not necessarily go hand in hand. In fact, it is my belief that the world works best when they are kept as separate as possible.

If my wife and I were to lose our jobs and become destitute, should we go into the hospital then we'd get our bills waved as indigent patients the same as everyone else. Sure, it would be difficult and painful but that is part of life. The only real difference would be exactly HOW destitute are we? Family of 4 making $60k a year? We'd get a fair bit of help but it would still probably take a significant chunk of our resources. Completely wiped out and living in a box, well then they'd get less from us. Not because of some entitlement (well, as citizens we probably would qualify for some entitlement or another, my wife would know better than I) but because you simply can't get blood out of a turnip.

Clearly there is a lot of hate and frustration out there. Historically that is normal during times of economic difficulty and political elements have also historically leveraged this frustration to sway the masses towards their end goals. As humans we are evolved to divide into tribes and define things in an 'us vs. them' mentality. Our brains look for that and it makes us feel better when we have someone to blame our problems on.

Elvis has left the building.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our brains look for that and it makes us feel better when we have someone to blame our problems on.</div></div>

I feel better when problems are actually solved - where or on whom the blame is being placed is a secondary issue most often raised when people can see the "what" of the problem but not the "how" in fixing it.

Placing blame, in and of itself, does nothing regardless of the feeling it provides unless it is done as a simple step in the means to proactively address and correct the underlying problem.

A proper, no BS diagnosis = a chance at an effective treatment and recovery.

Sorry I rambled.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emorse4487</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I pose this question: shouldn't it be just as illegal to HIRE an illegal immigrant as it is TO BE an illegal immigrant?</div></div>

No. </div></div>

Wrong. IMO, it absolutely should fall on the shoulders of the business owner because they are also breaking the law and are those who are benefiting from the practice.

Here is a thought:

Allow employers the opportunity to make their illegal workers documented workers based on their employ and get them on the books and on the path to naturalization. Enforce the minimum wage requirements & safety provisions on the businesses that employ the newly documented workers and and tax the workers like every other citizen while giving them the opportunity they want at the expense they should pay.

If all of this isn't done by the book, revoke their business license, fine them and put it on their record and see if that doesn't change things for the better for all of us in a hurry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emorse4487</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I pose this question: shouldn't it be just as illegal to HIRE an illegal immigrant as it is TO BE an illegal immigrant?</div></div>

No. </div></div>

Wrong. IMO, <span style="font-weight: bold">it absolutely should fall on the shoulders of the business owner because they are also breaking the law and are those who are benefiting from the practice</span>.

Here is a thought:

Allow employers the opportunity to make their illegal workers documented workers based on their employ and get them on the books and on the path to naturalization. Enforce the minimum wage requirements & safety provisions on the businesses that employ the newly documented workers and and tax the workers like every other citizen while giving them the opportunity they want at the expense they should pay.

If all of this isn't done by the book, revoke their business license, fine them and put it on their record and see if that doesn't change things for the better for all of us in a hurry. </div></div>
What you don't understand is the illegals get fake documents. They get social security cards, drivers licences, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emorse4487</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I pose this question: shouldn't it be just as illegal to HIRE an illegal immigrant as it is TO BE an illegal immigrant?</div></div>

No. </div></div>

Wrong. IMO, it absolutely should fall on the shoulders of the business owner because they are also breaking the law and are those who are benefiting from the practice.

Here is a thought:

If all of this isn't done by the book, revoke their business license, fine them and put it on their record and see if that doesn't change things for the better for all of us in a hurry. </div></div>

+1

This is exactly the kind of response I was hoping for. It's sad that common sense approaches like this rarely enter into the public debate on illegal immigration. And I agree, I absolutely believe that businesses should be held as accountable as the aliens. Instead of infusing these debates with emotional vitriol, I wish we could put that stuff aside and work toward viable policy solutions. Ah well...