• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up Illinois members

snax90

Private
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2011
IL, United States
Illinois members sound off where you are and where you shoot.

I live in Davis and head to Polo to shoot generally twice a week. If I want to get a long way out there are plenty of farms around.

Live in Dixon, IL. To reach out to 600 I joined a range in Milan, IL. Wish i knew of a place closer.

I'm up on the southside of Chicago. Been over to the Kingsbury DNR range in Indiana to screw around, but would love to find a better spot

I'm from Saline county, cornfields out to 1,000. Anybody from southern Illinois?

I'm from Quincy and shoot at Pasa fairly often.

Springfield area, used to have 400 year round and 900 seasonal lost it recently.
I guess you could say I'm looking for a place now.
Always looking for people to shoot with and places to shoot at.
Have several pieces of steel and spotter/tripod chrono ect..

R

If you need a friend I will bring guns and ammo. :)

You toooo muuuuuch :eek:.. you guys have some pretty big country out there by ya too I would imagine. I use to stomp around Lake Caroll out there a few back with an ex girly and it was nice and open. I think it was Lanark that if you blinked you would drive right thru :eek:....this was quite a while back tho...

I am in the Peoria area, but the longest range I have access too currently is 200 yards. Too many projects going on in life to go meet some farmers.

You toooo muuuuuch :eek:.. you guys have some pretty big country out there by ya too I would imagine. I use to stomp around Lake Caroll out there a few back with an ex girly and it was nice and open. I think it was Lanark that if you blinked you would drive right thru :eek:....this was quite a while back tho...

That certainly is the area. There is a lot of open area for sure the only problem has been getting days worked out with a farmer to go. If you do have that 1200 available anytime I would be happy to bring some toys. (There might be a 50 ;) )

Rockford here. Shoot at Beloit Rifle Club, has range out to 550. Also have some private land that we can get to 1860 when the crops are out.

What is Beloit club like? That would be as close to me as Polo but sounds like a better facilities.

Its a nice club. They have a range for just about every shooting discipline you could think of. If you would like to check it out sometime, shoot me a PM.

I'm in Illinois, just across the state line from Terre Haute, Indiana. I have a shooting academy all on private land. Got multiple ranges for pistol and rifle. Until the corn gets too tall, we can reach 1196 yards and we're good to 635 all the time. Just put on our first precision rifle match last weekend. Check out our Facebook page - MHF Enterprises Shooting Academy.

Reactions: Longhunter7
I'm in Illinois, just across the state line from Terre Haute, Indiana. I have a shooting academy all on private land. Got multiple ranges for pistol and rifle. Until the corn gets too tall, we can reach 1196 yards and we're good to 635 all the time. Just put on our first precision rifle match last weekend. Check out our Facebook page - MHF Enterprises Shooting Academy.

I liked the page. That looks like a really nice place to shoot.

I didn't know they had Internet in Davis. Figured you had to drive to Rock Shitty or Doorand for that kind of technology.

Reactions: Codiekfx400
You also have the cheese store. Can't forget about the cheese.

I'm very new to long range and unfortunately live in the NW burbs of Chicago, so I don't have a good place to shoot long range regularly. Been to Aurora but it's far enough away to not be worth the membership price. I've thought about becoming a member in Racine. Also, I'm originally from Wisconsin so I've considered shooting more up there since memberships tend to be less expensive and closer to where I typically travel to.

Yeah we have a good times, I enjoy it. We usually have a good turnout for matches. I know practical rifle sells out all the time. Most of the guys there are pretty good to deal with. We have a good core of club members shooting most times. I wish I could have run my new bushnell this match but it's going back for parallax issue, and no time to zero, so maybe next month. I'm running a 700 5R tan hs stock with a old Burris m tac bomber on top til the bushnell returns.

I just ditched my bushy ers last week for a gen2 razor. Sighting in tonight. I have a rifle Thr Firm built me using tikka action. I'm shoooting this match for borderwar series too.

That gen two looks nice, I just couldn't swing the price, got a good deal on a lrts 4-18, so I went for it. It has the parallax numbers issue so I'm sending it in. Sounds like your shooting serious equipment. You should do well with it. I don't even have a bipod, I run a sling and mediocre ammo. My funds are super limited, so I get by with what I can. I waited a year to get this new scope. Just getting to the range makes my day.

I just ditched my bushy ers last week for a gen2 razor. Sighting in tonight. I have a rifle Thr Firm built me using tikka action. I'm shoooting this match for borderwar series too.

I'll be there shooting a Firm Rifles built gun as well!

I know it isnt a long range by any means, but does anyone frequent point blank in Mokena?

I haven't aven't hit them yet, but a friend said the folks were nice. I checked out Eagle Sports in Oak Forest and their facility is nice but pricey and largely staffed by mall ninjas. My cheap and easy spot is Sporting Arms on Western Ave just south of Blue Island in the Harvey area. Crappy neighborhood and few amenities but all I need for an indoor range is a place to pew pew.

I'm also in Quincy, where is PASA?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

It's in Barry. Last I knew the RKBA range is still only out to 200 yards since they started redoing their backstops.

It's in Barry. Last I knew the RKBA range is still only out to 200 yards since they started redoing their backstops.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I used to do RKBA for the 500 and 700.. still only 200 right now. I'll give them a call and see when they're going to get the long targets up.

I'm holding off to renew my membership until he gets it up and going again. I don't mind the drive to Barry and the layout is a lot better so I can hang my steel. It's also nice that you can drive out and paint the targets since there aren't usually people there.

It's in Barry. Last I knew the RKBA range is still only out to 200 yards since they started redoing their backstops.

Yeah I used to do RKBA for the 500 and 700.. still only 200 right now. I'll give them a call and see when they're going to get the long targets up.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you seen on Facebook that he is trying to get the 700 back up on Sunday. Once he does send me a message if you want to go shooting sometime

Guys...Sept 9 in Mt Carroll at the site..Manticore Arms bullpup shoot..suppressors and fa delights!!! Free to enter pay for mags to shoot the stuff that interests you.

Not affiliated with Manticore Arms, just looking for a good time!! :cool:

Cya out there!!

http://www.bullpupshoot.com/what-to-expect.html

Last edited:
Checking in from Effingham I have a 500 yard range I'm able to get out and shoot almost every week.