• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Illinois Semi-Auto Ban

The thing is, it’s not just in IL! The mega cities are holding entire states hostage, across the US.
I have a crazy idea that just might work if people are willing to move. Instead of of moving to a slightly more gun friendly state that is also ruled by one or two huge cities that are swinging more left all the time, move to western Canada instead. There's a lot of anti government sentiment here, and a lot of people would like to split western Canada away as its own country. With our much lower population compared to almost anywhere in the USA, it would take a lot less similarly minded people moving here to change the tide. Still have to overcome Vancouver, but that's tiny compared to big cities in the US.
Kristian

I have a crazy idea that just might work if people are willing to move. Instead of of moving to a slightly more gun friendly state that is also ruled by one or two huge cities that are swinging more left all the time, move to western Canada instead. There's a lot of anti government sentiment here, and a lot of people would like to split western Canada away as its own country. With our much lower population compared to almost anywhere in the USA, it would take a lot less similarly minded people moving here to change the tide. Still have to overcome Vancouver, but that's tiny compared to big cities in the US.
Kristian
Yes sir, I’m aware! I love western Canada! Might retire there one day. It’s very much total opposite of the east side sans Vancouver.

There's a lot of anti government sentiment here, and a lot of people would like to split western Canada away as its own country.
I've lived in IL all my life and can't remember meeting a person that didn't want to cut Chicago out of the state map. Hasn't got us very far obviously.

Reactions: Codiekfx400
…and people complain about Maryland. Holy fuck…. (People, should still complain about Marylandistand…. But wow, we’re not even that fuckup.)

Temporary Restraining Order granted by a judge in southern Illinois. I’m one of the plaintiffs so I’m back to normal citizen status. There’s a bunch of other lawsuits filed so I’d expect more rulings soon.
Good for all of you .teach them the words"Shall Not Be Infringed."

Reactions: XCHITOWNCOPPER
The response from the Court is maddening and neatly side-steps most of the issues raised by Plantiffs. They basically say, "well Plantiffs can't point to any direct comments" made by the Justices that would show bias. They then say it's entirely reasonable for candidates to receive campaign contributions, but don't address the issues of the greater than $1M given to each Justice, by the Governor, who happens to be a named defendant in the suit. Basically said the Plantiffs were judge shopping. For reference, campaign contributions are limited in IL to $500k.

As part of the motion, Plantiffs established, or tried to establish, groundwork for a Due Process violation of the US Constitution should the Justices not be recused.

There was another motion for an amici brief filed by 34 State's Attorneys on behalf of Plantiffs that looked at the matter from a 2nd Amendment standpoint and asked the Court to reject the Act based on this (namely the Bruen text). However, the court declined the motion, stating that Plantiffs never made such a 2nd Amendment claim and instead relied on Equal Protection and to introduce now 2nd Amendment claims would harm the Defendants, and further the claim cannot be considered before the court in appeal because it wasn't introduced before a lower court. Thus, motion denied. [1]

Another amici motion in support of Plantiffs has been filed by DeVore, attorney in the Effingham County case, and asks the Court to consider the constitutional procedural violations in this case, namely that the Act was not read, at large, three times in each body of the house over a period of six days. The Act, DeVore says, started life as an innoccus bill to change insurance code, and remained as such for 345 days, when, on a Sunday the entire body of the bill was changed to the current gun legislation, keeping the bill title and number the same. Then, two days later on day 347, the Act was passed. This, DeVore says, is a clear procedural violation and points to supporting evidence by the Court.

This procedural violation is a key component of the Effingham case, in which the judge found for Plantiffs and granted a TRO. DeVore asserts that the case in Macon County, is a copy-paste of the Effingham case. The judge in the Macon case, following binding precedent from the Effingham case, ruled for the plantiffs on Equal Protection grounds but did not address the procedural violations. DeVore points to a IL Supreme Court decision from 2007 that states "a reviewing court can uphold the decision of the circuit Court on any grounds which are called for by the record regardless of whether the circuit Court relied on the grounds". So, this is how DeVore is attempting to get the Court to hear the procedural issue in the Macon case (compare to the amici brief on 2nd Amendment claims, which was rejected for introducing new claims).

DeVore also states, and provides evidence, that the IL legislature has been openly flaunting this procedure for decades and that the Court has but issued (stern?) warnings that they may not allow this behavior to continue. DeVore then asks the Court to, if they will not enforce this part of the constitution, be forthright with the people of Illinois and come out and say it to the people.

1: The Court also mentions that, had such a 2nd Amendment claim been made, Defendants would nevertheless deny it violates the 2nd Amendment and "so have a number of other courts" and point to cases in Naperville (IL), Rhode Island, Delaware.

Out of 102 Counties, some 86 of them had Sheriff's and States Attorneys proclaiming they won't enforce the ban. It might be all bullshit as the hide will respond, but that's a move I haven't seen in the other commie states.

As 702lineman said, it just isn't all that easy to just pack up and move out of state. Although we winter in Florida a permanent move out of Illinois just will not happen for us in the foreseeable future. Every time I bring up the subject, the subject is shot down. I want out and want out bad. But I've been married to this lady for 47 years and she won't hear of it. It is really sad that one city in one county of 102 counties controls the entire state and there is absolutely nothing the citizens in 101 counties can do about it.
States need a system like the national electoral college, where each county is counted separately and equally. Country changes overnight..

The system states use now is pure democracy. This amounts to 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner(old joke, sorry).

Last edited:
States need a system like the national electoral college, where each county is counted separately and equally. Country changes overnight.
I have heard that idea before and it's brilliant. In my state, all the campaigning for governor is done in the big cities which are liberal enclaves.

About 10-12 years ago, the speaker of the house went to every county in the state to campaign for the speaker's seat. He didn't go to just the big cities, but to every county where the people would make their voices heard to their respective state representatives.

Now why couldn't the governor(s) do the same? It's because they know they will get the most votes from the bigger cities.

The leftists will argue that is the way a democracy is run. Whoever gets the most votes wins. That is true. That is how a democracy operates. This is why the founding fathers rejected a democracy.

So what we see is a perfect reason to have an electoral college on a county level in each state. Right now, the interests of the leftists in the bigger cities are stomping on the people of the rural areas.

Look at Oregon and Washington state. That's one reason why some counties in Oregon want to split and join Idaho.

When you argue for an electoral college on a county level there are people that look at you like a dog watching television. That's so political that they don't understand it.

Yet when presented to them as "big city interests win" they begin to understand. Ask them, "Do you want a governor that cares about the ENTIRE state or just the interests of a select group."

They will almost always answer, "I want a governor that cares about the entire state." Then let them know that when governors focus their campaigns for election why is it always in the big cities?

The leftist will always say they want a governor that cares only about THEIR interests. This is why you will see an almost impossible climb up the ladder to an electoral college in each state.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger

VooDoo

Update as of yesterday: The court has denied the motion by DeVore, attorney in the Effingham case, to file an amici brief asking the Court to consider the constitutional procedural issued in how the Ban was passed.

The fix is well in, I fear.

Word is that the governor expects this to fail. Plan B is to mine the medical databases for documentation of anxiety, depression, medical marijuana, and any ‘red flags’ reported by family members (unsafe household).

All that information that is being asked at your annual wellness visit is going to be used against us.

I’m sure that you all have had that conversation with your spouse and children long ago.

Word is that the governor expects this to fail. Plan B is to mine the medical databases for documentation of anxiety, depression, medical marijuana, and any ‘red flags’ reported by family members (unsafe household).

All that information that is being asked at your annual wellness visit is going to be used against us.

I’m sure that you all have had that conversation with your spouse and children long ago.
You are right. The red flag laws are a step around the 2A and sheriff's offices reluctance to enforce anti-2A "laws" so, they make the disarm order in the form of a court order via red flag and subsequently by a Judge (The liberal ones). So now deputy dogood must disarm the subject because it is court ordered. Deputy dogood not only faces loosing his job, but also contempt of court charges if he doesn't comply. These motherfucker demoncrats are mentally ill, but they are fucking smart with the "come at them sideways" tactics.

Reactions: stemikel
Yesterday, Supreme Court Justice Barrett asked the city of Naperville for further information justifying the city's ban on AR15 rifles. This is the Bevis v Naperville case. Barrett has given Naperville until noon on May 8th to respond.

While not directly the State's ban on semi-auto rifles, the Supreme Court has now gotten involved in a semi-auto ban, and, I would imagine, any decision there reached would be broadly applicable.

Most of Illinois is "normal"....mostly only Cook County/Chicago and Springfield ('cause that's where all the Politicians from Chicago do business) are AFU. Illinois outside of those areas could be a great place to live and prosper. That's why the movement to form a new State (New Illinois) and leave Illinois behind to their corruption, crime, and mismanagement.

VooDoo

I heard in Illinois they were revoking FOID cards prior to conviction. Fucking innocent till proven guilty my ass. At least now it’s looking better for those poor fucks in ILLINOIS. Shithole Chicago fucks the whole state.

I heard in Illinois they were revoking FOID cards prior to conviction. Fucking innocent till proven guilty my ass. At least now it’s looking better for those poor fucks in ILLINOIS. Shithole Chicago fucks the whole state.
That's another reason why we need an electoral college on a county level in the states. Big cities decide a lot of gubernatorial elections.